GDT: Devils at Predators (Devils west) 8:00 PM

Jerzey

Lol how can people say the 'sudden hate for Deboer'. The Deboer hate started with the blown leads in 2012, then escalated with his consistent benching of Fayne and Larsson and playing of the Moose in 2013 then got intense with his love for Gionta Harrold and Salvador in 2013 and this season.

Edited by Zubie#8

Lol how can people say the 'sudden hate for Deboer'. The Deboer hate started with the blown leads in 2012, then escalated with his consistent benching of Fayne and Larsson and playing of the Moose in 2013 then got intense with his love for Gionta Harrold and Salvador in 2013 and this season.

I'm as critical of Pete's decision making as anyone, but he also didn't ask to inherit this roster, either. Unless you've got some coach out there who can turn back the clock on some players, bless them with skill they don't have and resign all the talent they lost...well hire that guy right now.

People also forget it's just not Pete making decisions personnel wise, either. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

To be fair, Gionta has had a good season.  But playing Harrold over Fayne and Larsson is just facepalm worthy.  Now Larsson is rotting in the minors, and sending Gelinas down is gonna hurt this team.  I like Salvador, but he's useless.  We have Volcehnkov who's a better version of Salvador.

Lou needs to fvcking make a move!  If we're not gonna have Gelinas up here, then get a forward who will score!

I'm as critical of Pete's decision making as anyone, but he also didn't ask to inherit this roster, either. Unless you've got some coach out there who can turn back the clock on some players, bless them with skill they don't have and resign all the talent they lost...well hire that guy right now.

His name is Jacques

A good coach can win with this roster.  I've seen worse rosters than this not only make the playoffs, but go deep in the playoffs.  

Ottawa last year was without their two best players (Spezza and Karlsson) for like 90% of the season.  And without those two players, their roster is on par with what we currently have.  They made the playoffs and won a round.

A good coach can win with this roster.  I've seen worse rosters than this not only make the playoffs, but go deep in the playoffs.  

Ottawa last year was without their two best players (Spezza and Karlsson) for like 90% of the season.  And without those two players, their roster is on par with what we currently have.  They made the playoffs and won a round.

Stop talking.  Ottawa had a .935 SV% last year.  If you can't win with that, you can't win with anything.  DeBoer's been saddled with one awful goaltender and he's finally learning to not trust him, although I have a bad feeling we see Brodeur in the next game given how this one ended.

Stop talking.  Ottawa had a .935 SV% last year.  If you can't win with that, you can't win with anything.  DeBoer's been saddled with one awful goaltender and he's finally learning to not trust him, although I have a bad feeling we see Brodeur in the next game given how this one ended.

None of this disproves what I just said.

That's eternally optimistic. It really is. 

Ottawa also played a shortened season and had unbelievable goaltending. Speed helps, too. They also had Karlsson and Michalek back in the playoffs.

Along with good goaltending Ottawa still had Alfredsson, Condra, Phillips, Silfverberg, Michalek, Zibanejad and Turris.

We have the goalie capable of doing just that.  The 06-07 and 07-08 Devils teams basically were all Brodeur.  This year we have Schneider.

Those Devils teams still had solid defensive and offensive roster.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Pete's short and not so sweet presser:

http://www.msg.com/videos/index.html?vid=2434270887

"You should apply for a coaching job"

Hahahaha that's fantastic, good on TG for saying what we've all been thinking. There is a trend and tendency with these late game goals, and it's been beaten to death in this thread already.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lol I'd love to see Pete in Montreal or Toronto. He sounded like Torts talking down to Brooks.

Pete has coached in Florida and here- two places where there is no pressure from the media. If he coached in a serious hockey market, he wouldn't last 20 seconds the way he'd get hammered for his lineup decisions and excuses. He gets asked one tough question and loses it. Eat a dick Pete.

Pete has coached in Florida and here- two places where there is no pressure from the media. If he coached in a serious hockey market, he wouldn't last 20 seconds the way he'd get hammered for his lineup decisions and excuses. He gets asked one tough question and loses it. Eat a dick Pete.

Man I love reading your blunt posts after a frustrating loss. Reassures me I'm not the only one cursing at the TV and getting a little crazy (in a good way :lol:)

Man I love reading your blunt posts after a frustrating loss. Reassures me I'm not the only one cursing at the TV and getting a little crazy (in a good way :lol:)

The funny thing is I didn't even see the game tonight- but I've seen this type of game 1,000 times under DeBoer, so I know what happened without even having to see it. If I had been home tonight though, I would've been cursing loudly at the TV right along with you lol.

To be fair, Gionta has had a good season. But playing Harrold over Fayne and Larsson is just facepalm worthy. Now Larsson is rotting in the minors, and sending Gelinas down is gonna hurt this team. I like Salvador, but he's useless. We have Volcehnkov who's a better version of Salvador.

Lou needs to fvcking make a move! If we're not gonna have Gelinas up here, then get a forward who will score!

Those aren't my opinions I was just stating the facts on how the Deboer hate started among the Devils faithful....

These boards really went downhill since the cup run. Sad.

Edited by Zubie#8