NFL Week 9!

CRASHER

I've been harping on NE's defense all season. They looked like they were starting to become an improving "bend but don't break" bunch that gives up yards between the 20s but finds a way to make key plays...this week was a big step backwards. And like I pointed out, they're on pace to give up 376 points...that's hard to ignore.

As for Moss, that double-team stuff is overrated...he wasn't doubled nearly as much as you'd think, because teams were figuring out that he wasn't giving much in the way of effort this season. Brady and his offense have gone back more to a spread-it-around type...which means no one is going to put up big numbers (like the old days).

Have to disagree with you. CBs would alway get safety help up high Moss. You just had to. The Pats have been feeding Welker anything underneath for 3 years because the match-ups in the slot were so favourable and ripe for the picking. Not saying it was happening every singe play like prior years, but it was most of the time.

With Moss gone, teams finally have the ability to lock onto Welker. Just 11 catches for 85 yards in the last 3 games. For the past few years that was Welker's output for one week, if not more. I think that is why you now see Brady looking at Hernandez as often he does because of the mismatch he provides.

Crasher, do you have tix to the Giants-Cowboys game?

Given the Giants track record with hurting QBs and the way Dallas has been playing, Kitna needs to retire ... today.

Nope... personally I hate NFL games live.... the only game I have ANY interest in ever seeing live is a game in Dallas on Thanksgiving (personally think that would be cool as hell)....or if I ever won Super Bowl tickets, but that game is barely about the NFL's Championship as is....

The only reason I want Kitna to play in that game is so the Giants break him in twelve..... I've heard good things about McGee in camp and pre-season... it's time to see what the kid got under fire in the last 7 games of the year.... but he can be spared the beatdown in the Giants game (and Kitna deserves a beatdown for single-handedly letting RSC back in our game last night!!!!)

Garrett did a great job of killing Philips coaching record with a lot of bad play calling.

Watch what you wish for Jason.

Another patsy for Jerry Jones to bury eventually.

I can only hope this mistake lasts 8 games... no more....you take a guy who screws up the offense and let him drive the whole car..... this is good... I want 1-15, the first pick and a HUMBLING sense of embarrassment to this team and the Botox-addict in charge

the REAL question is... how bad does Garrett have to FAIL to not be brought back??? 3-5??? 2-7?? 0-8?? :pray:

worst case scenario he goes 4-4 but wins his last three to "show progress"

This is only part ONE of the purging.......

Nope... personally I hate NFL games live.... the only game I have ANY interest in ever seeing live is a game in Dallas on Thanksgiving (personally think that would be cool as hell)....or if I ever won Super Bowl tickets, but that game is barely about the NFL's Championship as is....

The only reason I want Kitna to play in that game is so the Giants break him in twelve..... I've heard good things about McGee in camp and pre-season... it's time to see what the kid got under fire in the last 7 games of the year.... but he can be spared the beatdown in the Giants game (and Kitna deserves a beatdown for single-handedly letting RSC back in our game last night!!!!)

I can only hope this mistake lasts 8 games... no more....you take a guy who screws up the offense and let him drive the whole car..... this is good... I want 1-15, the first pick and a HUMBLING sense of embarrassment to this team and the Botox-addict in charge

the REAL question is... how bad does Garrett have to FAIL to not be brought back??? 3-5??? 2-7?? 0-8?? :pray:

worst case scenario he goes 4-4 but wins his last three to "show progress"

This is only part ONE of the purging.......

There too much talent for this team to fail. But then I look at the owner who basically only cares about revenue and marketing the team. NOT about winning football championships. How many training facilities do they have over the summer to market the team?

There too much talent for this team to fail. But then I look at the owner who basically only cares about revenue and marketing the team. NOT about winning football championships. How many training facilities do they have over the summer to market the team?

Yeah... he's a total fool and had no part of three Super Bowl Rings... I mean look how GREAT Jimmy Johnson was with the best QB ever (admitted... he was on his last breath....), but be fair... kill the guy all you want he had some serious success... hell short-term success unmatched in the NFL sans Brady/Belicheck

This is where I'm divided with most Cowboys fans...sure Jerry knows how to make a buck but to say he doesn't want a winning team is dumb and holds no reasonable logic. HE'S the guy who brought in Jimmy Johnson...or the guy who made the trade to get the "best QB ever"....sure he's also the guy that got rid of Jimmy but you can't question the fact that he's trying...he likes big shiny things...nice offensive weapons so he doesn't always make the right choices but whatever...I'd rather have an owner like him than an owner who would unload talent and a chance at winning to clear a better bottom line.

As for the Red-headed guru...frack em...he's fodder unless he shows some strong resolve and gets this team focused...some coaches make better coordinators so hopefully its reversed in this case...but to be fully clear I can't stand the ginger-balled one.

This is where I'm divided with most Cowboys fans...sure Jerry knows how to make a buck but to say he doesn't want a winning team is dumb and holds no reasonable logic. HE'S the guy who brought in Jimmy Johnson...or the guy who made the trade to get the "best QB ever"....sure he's also the guy that got rid of Jimmy but you can't question the fact that he's trying...he likes big shiny things...nice offensive weapons so he doesn't always make the right choices but whatever...I'd rather have an owner like him than an owner who would unload talent and a chance at winning to clear a better bottom line.

As for the Red-headed guru...frack em...he's fodder unless he shows some strong resolve and gets this team focused...some coaches make better coordinators so hopefully its reversed in this case...but to be fully clear I can't stand the ginger-balled one.

Yes, he brought in Johnson who turned the franchise around. Jerry was bitter that he didn't get the credit and Johnson was gone. The Boys went on the win the Superbowl with the team that Johnson built. How long did that Switzer regime last after that?

Parcell's turned the team around again only to have an insecure owner force him to leave. Enter the Phillips debacle.

Jones should just shut-up and let Football people run the franchise, this way he can 't count more money.

Yes, he brought in Johnson who turned the franchise around. Jerry was bitter that he didn't get the credit and Johnson was gone. The Boys went on the win the Superbowl with the team that Johnson built. How long did that Switzer regime last after that?

Parcell's turned the team around again only to have an insecure owner force him to leave. Enter the Phillips debacle.

Jones should just shut-up and let Football people run the franchise, this way he can 't count more money.

I'll agree with that...he meddles, both the good and bad with the Jerrah...