Official: Marty is a Blue

MadDog2020

I hope he plays lights out, although admittedly there's a slim chance of that. Obviously no hard feelings at all like Parise since it was really Lou's call to not keep him around.

I fvcking hate Parise. I cheer against Minny any chance I get. fvck him and his boyfriend suter, I hope they both remain loses for their whole careers.
  • Like 1

I was actually listening to the Rangers radio feed last night and what a difference it makes on how the game is presented just by the PBP announcer. I was actually excited with the Rangers game and I was given everything I need to know by the announcer. Not only that but he says the score every couple of minutes (I have gotten entire 15-minute car rides without hearing Matt say the score once) and he actually announces the goal when they happen (by the time Matt announces the goal the goal song is already a good 4-5 seconds in). Not only that but the color announcing on the Rangers radio team is top-notch and given some good insight. Sherry just states the obvious as if she made some keen observation.

Cangi has grown on me and I would put him in the middle of the pack in terms of TV announcers. Daneyko doesn't have the voice for his role but I do like some of his insight and he is getting better with time. I never cared for Deb as I think her announcing is somewhat clumsy and John is meh.

Cangi is meh, I love Dano, deb sucks, john sucks harder.

As long as Marty is playing somewhere in the league, Devils fans will be putting Cory under the most excruciatingly unfair microscope every game.  It's going to be brutal the rest of the year unless Cory manages to post a shut out every single game.

I really can't remember Lundqvist getting nearly this much sh!t as Cory is getting when he replaced Richter years ago.

I can't remember...did the Queen directly replace Richter the way Cory did with Marty?

Devils fans have been so spoiled by the success this team has had since 1993-94 that they don't know hoe to handle having a team that just isn't very good. Unfortunately Cory makes for a very convenient scapegoat at this point when, in reality, the problems with this team have more to do with the players skating in front of him than his struggles at times this season.

It's worse when you're DIRECTLY taking his job like Cory did to Marty last year, like Steve Young with Montana, like even Rodgers with Favre to a degree.  At least with Marino it's not like there was any young turk pushing him out the door (whether the perception's fair or not, the perception is Cory pushed Marty out).

Remember those commercials when Tino Martinez took over at first base for the Yanks? I don't even remember what it was for, but he was on a psychiatrists couch talking about how difficult it was for him at work, following someone everyone loved, and he didn't know if he could win their love as well, etc. And then the camera pulls back and Mattingly is the psychiatrist? :) I think that commercial made his tenure a lot easier.

As for Marty, I hope he does well, has some fun, and doesn't embarrass himself. Hopefully a ton of young fans who didn't get a chance to see him in the prime of his career get the chance now, and he plays in front of a lot of large crowds and enjoys the few remaining moments. I think I may be happier for the fans than for Marty lol. But best of luck to him and to the Blues; that's a great looking jersey.