GDT: ECF Game 2 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

From TG:

Devils coach Pete DeBoer has reunited Zach Parise with Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk on the top line and reverted to the line combinations he used in the Florida series.

Patrik Elias is centering Petr Sykora and Dainius Zubrus on the second line and Adam Henrique is centering Alexei Ponikarovsky and David Clarkson on the third line. The fourth line remains the same with Stephen Gionta centering Ryan Carter and Stephen Gionta.

I know Gionta has been good, but thats asking a bit much!!!

I'd say it depends on how they lose...if they lose 4-3 but got a few past Lundqvist I'd feel a little better than if they got shut down again offensively (one could argue that the Devils will have wasted a game where they actually solved Lundqvist in such a situation, but I can't stress enough how important I think it is that the Devils simply get some pucks in the net against this guy). If they lose 2-0 or 4-1 or something like that, I think their confidence takes a big hit, especially because of who's in net. If it was a Bryzgalov-type, even after two games I think the Devils would still be OK confidence-wise.

You might be right...except going down 2-0 would stink either way because I can't see us sweeping the home games here since it won't be a huge home-ice advantage. So at best, we'd probably have to win 5 & 7 at MSG.

Ehhh... Not sure about this. Larsson was one of the only people firing away in Game 1.

Almost feels like DeBoer and Co. are already in "uh-oh" mode. Hope this works out.

You might be right...except going down 2-0 would stink either way because I can't see us sweeping the home games here since it won't be a huge home-ice advantage. So at best, we'd probably have to win 5 & 7 at MSG.

While I too don't (and everyone doesn't) want to go down 2-0, The Devils have proven themselves a resilient bunch. It's been a recurring theme in a lot of series that home ice advantage hasn't meant much this year. Hell, we went 2 for 3 in Philly. We can handle MSG tonight (it's not a particularly loud or difficult building at all and we all know that), and if not, a couple thousand Rangers fans in our building won't rattle them. I think they're beyond that.

Im not overly worried about tonight, nor do I feel it is "must win". If the Rags hold their home ice tonight, then we have to win at home and if we cant do that, then we dont deserve to advance. 2-0 is not a killer by any stretch.

Im not overly worried about tonight, nor do I feel it is "must win". If the Rags hold their home ice tonight, then we have to win at home and if we cant do that, then we dont deserve to advance. 2-0 is not a killer by any stretch.

2-0 IS ABSOLUTELY A KILLER against Lundqvist. His career numbers against us are not dominant for no reason. We CANNOT consistently beat him. If we go down 0-2 in the series, we are not going to win 4 of the next 5 games, with 2 of them being at MSG. MUST WIN TONIGHT!