Matteau sent back to the Armada

SterioDesign

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this confirmed? i find it hard to believe that TG or Chere or the Devils have said nothing about this yet.

besides - why send him back to junior and not to Albany? keep learning the pro game. there's no advantage to the devils to send him to junior vs albany at this point.

is this confirmed? i find it hard to believe that TG or Chere or the Devils have said nothing about this yet.

besides - why send him back to junior and not to Albany? keep learning the pro game. there's no advantage to the devils to send him to junior vs albany at this point.

I don't think they can send him to Albany for some reason.  It's either juniors or here.

He needs more time down there, they didn't want him to accrue another year to FA if he wasn't going to play much anyway.

How would the Devils be able to send Matteau back to juniors again? I thought the cutoff date for that was 5 or so games into the season.

As far as I know:

5 games & 23 games were in relation to his ELC

He HAS to go to juniors until the season is over. Then can play in either NJ or Albany.

Similar to Boucher only being allowed to play in Albany after his season is over.

He was drafted out of the usndtp, he can play wherever the devils.wanted him too. Albany the Devils or juniors are all open. If he were drafted from his junior team going back to the q was the only.other option

no, he wasn't on a list of albany-eligible players at the beginning of the season, he can't go there until his junior season ends

no one has said whether this counts as an accrued season.  an accrued season in a normal season means 40 games on the roster.  seeing as how both grigorenko and matteau were sent down in the same week, i have to imagine that the accrued season clock hasn't started for him.  if the devils make the playoffs i hope he's back here.

Edited by Triumph