401 replies to this topic

#301 Bullshockey247

Bullshockey247

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Has Pierre wiped the sand out of his pants yet, with his constant complaining about Bernier's "embellishment" on a stick that actually did hit him in the face? How about Prust's slash that was missed Pierre? Or how about the phantom penalty call on Poni to start the second you f'n twit?

Anyone notice how sad Pierre looked when Torts shook Debo's hand? Priceless.
Sources also confirm that there is no one left in Canada who can remember when hockey was a simple game, played for fun.

#302 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

repost everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqSiStYIfTI

or just enjoy the fact that our fvcking team is in the FINALS!!!!!!!! :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

GOLD! F'n Great

#303 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Awesome win. I am so proud of this team. I've been trying to save money for the past few months and living off of ramen noodles, but fvck it, time to break open the bank since I have to go to these games.

#304 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

GOLD! F'n Great

made that video in '09 and its STILL RELEVANT!!

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#305 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

In a twisted way, it almost feels better that we beat them after giving up the 2-0 lead!

I don't know about better...but it feels like it HAD to happen that way. If we were going to get rid of '94 and the stigma of that series and all the other series against the Rangers since then we were going to have to face down that ghost, and blowing another two-goal lead in Game 6 basically gave us no choice but to either relive history or break the '94 nonsense once and for all.

It almost feels like someone's watching this team from above. Whatever happens in the Finals, this has already been an EPIC run. Beating the Panthers in double OT in Game 7 after blowing nine million leads and staring down the Game 7 ghost from 2009. Beating the Flyers and gaining revenge for '10, and finally the Rangers and putting the Henry owns Marty thing to bed once and for all. Forty years old, and Marty had his two best games of the playoffs when he absolutely needed them...tonight, and Game 7 against Florida. What a thing of beauty.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 May 2012 - 12:07 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#306 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

I just got back from the game. What an amazing night!! I was very worried when the rags tied it but once again the Devils pulled through. I can't wait for Wednesday. We Want The Cup!!

Edited by zachattack9, 26 May 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#307 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

It almost feels like someone's watching this team from above.

Thank you Coach Burns. :koolaid: :cheers:

Edited by thelastonealive, 26 May 2012 - 12:18 AM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#308 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Nice.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#309 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

WE TOOK DOWN THE QUEEN! NOW ITS TIME TO TAKE DOWN THE KINGS!

This was one of the best nights of my Devils fan life. I love every single one of you guys and girls. This is amazing.

#310 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

this is the biggest thing in my life right now. fvck work, fvck bills, fvck everything else. this is the happiest i've been in about 10 years (go figure).. i love this team, and i love this board. on to the cup finals, man.. it feels like its been so much longer since we've been here. i really don't know what else to say.. im just gonna keep celebrating this tonight and hopefully have something more meaningful to say tomorrow.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#311 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

can anyone else see this one?

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#312 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

"THREW ONE IN FRONT, BLOCKED THERE! SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE, THEY POKE AWAY AT IT. STILL IT'S LOOSE! POKED OUT BY KOVALCHUK! THEY SCOOOOOOOOORE! HENRIIIIIIIIQUE! IT'S OVER!!"

#313 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Matteau! Matteau! Matteau! "THREW ONE IN FRONT, BLOCKED THERE! SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE, THEY POKE AWAY AT IT. STILL IT'S LOOSE! POKED OUT BY KOVALCHUK! THEY SCOOOOOOOOORE! HENRIIIIIIIIQUE! IT'S OVER!!"

Fixed.

#314 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

Fixed.

Good call! I'm not gonna lie, I've listened to / watched this clip about 50 times in the past 30 minutes. I can't stop. What a night.

#315 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Good call! I'm not gonna lie, I've listened to / watched this clip about 50 times in the past 30 minutes. I can't stop. What a night.

Wow, that's a serious ratio!

#316 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

I think its about time I post in here. I have stayed away because it seemed to be working out for the team. Eastern Conference Champs!

Devils in 6 to win the c word.

You too man?? I have been avoiding to post on GDT all-season because it seems that when i do post the Devils lose :cheers:

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#317 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

I had the same thought walking out of the arena, to be honest...that was kind of my vague reference - with the way things have been going around here since last January. Some of these things are just unexplainable...the fourth line being our best line the last two games, blowing five multi-goal leads and STILL winning four of those games, Marty at 40 coming up with his two best playoff games since '03 when we needed them the most - tonight and Game 7 in Florida.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#318 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

Wow, that's a serious ratio!

I only deal in serious ratios... or something. Whatever, the Beam is hitting me pretty hard!

#319 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

check and mate
Posted Image

#320 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Anyone notice how sad Pierre looked when Torts shook Debo's hand? Priceless.

I think he may have had a tear in his eye . . . . but then again WHO CARES about pierre the one trick one way pony

GREAT DEVILS WIN, an honor to be in the bldg and celebrate with all the fans :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users