Elias torches Clarkson and Leafs in interview

Marshall

That's the thing...we wouldn't have gotten Jagr.  He was clearly a response signing to Kovy leaving.  Dare I say Jagr (at least short-term) is actually a better fit than Kovy :blink:  Then again they haven't moved Jagr off RW the way they did Kovy off LW.

I've heard it both ways.  And I think there was something to the rumors last season that Lou was trying to get Jagr at the deadline.  It was reported by the same Czech source that had Jagr signing with the Devils this offseason. 

That's the thing...we wouldn't have gotten Jagr.  He was clearly a response signing to Kovy leaving.  Dare I say Jagr (at least short-term) is actually a better fit than Kovy :blink:  Then again they haven't moved Jagr off RW the way they did Kovy off LW.

i think jagr still would've been here - zidlicky and ryder would not be.

Steve Thomas wasn't the worst player of Wendel Clark and Claude Lemieux - he was probably the 2nd best player.  Thomas was just miserable in NJ and 96 was the only year where he had a large role.

I'm surprised he didn't have a mental breakdown in 98 after Carp got hurt.   They brought up Morrison and him, Thomas, and Rolston clicked pretty well as an offensive oriented line.   But then Carp came back and it was back to mindless checking and matchups.   I would say that role was a large role, though, because Carp played a disproportionate amount of ice-time.   Just probably not the role any scoring forward would WANT.

Edited by maxpower