The Fourth Periods Top 25 Ufa

Elias26

.... Also interesting or sad that NJ is not listed as a team of interest for anyone except Patty and Jamie.......joy. :saddevil:

I noticed that too, but if we can re-sign our big contracts, there will only be low level fill-ins to pick up anyway.

Interesting rumor on that same site that has havlat coming to NJ for gionta or gomez. Says that Havlat and Elias are good friends and want to play together...Stinks like the Brother Niedermeyer debacle all over again

Reminds me more of the Selanne and Kariya debacle from a few years back. How long before someone starts photoshopping pictures of Havlat and Elias smooching?

<JESTER>

instead of spending 7.5mil on elias ( sorry thats too much bling for 1 player)

how about going after 2 UFAs ...

Jovo & Shanny???

elias is still my first choice, but if he left, i would be fine with giving jovo $4.5/year for 3 years and shanny a one year deal for $2.5 if it means that gomez is signed longterm.

elias is still my first choice, but if he left, i would be fine with giving jovo $4.5/year for 3 years and shanny a one year deal for $2.5 if it means that gomez is signed longterm.

You can't expect these to be the prices these players draw - right?

Jovo's getting 5+ and Shanahan will probably get 5+ or 4+ if it's a 2-year deal.

You can't expect these to be the prices these players draw - right?

Jovo's getting 5+ and Shanahan will probably get 5+ or 4+ if it's a 2-year deal.

nope. i was being a bit sarcastic but in re-reading, i see it didn't come out that way.

i agree that jovo will end up at about 5 a year, but i acutally think shanahan will not get more than 3. he's an older player and i don't think that we'll see teams that want to sign a ufa that didn't get the #1 guy give their plan b an inflated price (which shanny at anything more than 4/year is).