GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins

NJCroMag

Moose made some excellent saves but i am sure even he will say he would probably want at least one of the shots that beat him back. But the rest of the team didnt help the guy out, he held up his end and gave them every chance to win , and they didnt take it.

Still think the team is missing a few key parts at forward, one of those parts returns when Henrique returns to the ice.

I would like to see a trade.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good game by the devils, they gave the bruins very little space all night. but gave them too many quick possessions in the 3rd. our sloppy clears were quickly regrouped in the nuetral zone by the bruins. so we just couldnt set up properly and the bears got shots off.

oh well. didnt like the ultra defensive sloppy ending but I can understand

when we skated with them things were equal which was very encouraging, I thought this was a reg. loss going in.

btw clarkson is playing strong

You and I were obviously watching different games because Moose was one of the reasons we were competitive in this game. It clearly wasn't our "outstanding offense".

Tallinder has proven that he is the odd man out. He was the main reason why Boston scored in the 3rd and made a lot of sloppy plays during the game. You mean to tell me that Tallinder is more of an asset to this New Jersey Devils team then the more aggressive Volchenkov? Please.

Package Tallinder and Tedenby with a pick for Setoguchi or Hemsky. Someone. Anyone.

Hello, sarcasm! I was being sarcastic in reference to Hedberg. You couldn't figure that out? Read my other posts...I've was friggin' DEFENDING Hedberg...I thought he was terrific, but some insisted on grading him on an unfair curve...when Hedberg gets you through 65 minutes of hockey and allows only one goal, regardless of the quality of the goal he dared to allow, I don't know how anyone could expect more than that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3-0-2, and the GDT is full of doom and gloom. I wonder why some people even bother watching hockey.

All things considered, impossible not to be happy with where this team is. They've scored just 12 goals, and no more than 3 in any single game, but have yet to lose in regulation. 8 out of 10 possible points. And they have yet to get anything from Henrique. They may indeed need another forward who can put the puck in the net, but the nice thing about a 3-0-2 start is that it buys you time...Lou doesn't have to panic. As long as the Devils can remain four or five games above .500 for a while, Lou can take his time waiting for a scorer (or semi-scorer) to become available.

This team doesn't need a scorer, just a competent third line, as talked about in chat last night

Henrique zajac kovy

Elias zubrus clarkson

? JJ ?/Anderson

Cbgb

I liked what I saw from Anderson. Played hard and aggressive. Much better than teddy. Felt like another carter. A Poni like player on that third line would be great

This team doesn't need a scorer, just a competent third line, as talked about in chat last night

Henrique zajac kovy

Elias zubrus clarkson

? JJ ?/Anderson

Cbgb

I liked what I saw from Anderson. Played hard and aggressive. Much better than teddy. Felt like another carter. A Poni like player on that third line would be great

It's still very early, don't want to diminish that, but the Devils have gotten four goals from Clarkson, at a 16.7% shooting%, and he's averaging 4.8 shots per game. Kind of hard to think that will continue, no matter great of a story Clarkson has become. Devils are also averaging 1.6 GPGA (eliminating the phantom goal that goes against them for losing the shootout). I can't expect that to continue either.

There are other guys who can step up when Clarkson cools off a bit (Kovy has a solid 5 points in 5 GP, but hasn't gone on one of his rampages yet...when he does, Zajac will start getting his assists), and like I've said, getting Henrique back is key. And it's like I said, I don't think the Devils necessarily need a sniper, just a guy who can score a bit, pitch in. But I think Henrique has to come back, and more games need to be played before the Devils can accurately assess what is needed where. I maintain that the 8-points-in-5-games start was huge...gives them valuable time to be patient.

It's still very early, don't want to diminish that, but the Devils have gotten four goals from Clarkson, at a 16.7% shooting%, and he's averaging 4.8 shots per game. Kind of hard to think that will continue, no matter great of a story Clarkson has become. Devils are also averaging 1.6 GPGA (eliminating the phantom goal that goes against them for losing the shootout). I can't expect that to continue either.

There are other guys who can step up when Clarkson cools off a bit (Kovy has a solid 5 points in 5 GP, but hasn't gone on one of his rampages yet...when he does, Zajac will start getting his assists), and like I've said, getting Henrique back is key. And it's like I said, I don't think the Devils necessarily need a sniper, just a guy who can score a bit, pitch in. But I think Henrique has to come back, and more games need to be played before the Devils can accurately assess what is needed where. I maintain that the 8-points-in-5-games start was huge...gives them valuable time to be patient.

I agree with most of what you said. It's not so much that I expect clarkson to keep producing at this clip, but that line has wreaked havoc in the o zone. I wonder what their possession numbers look like when together. Elias and zubrus will get going too.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

We've already seen Elias and zubrus do the heavy lifting with sykora, and now they have a guy strong on the puck and in the corners. If I'm deboer, I ride those three out as long as I can

Edit: iPhone from class really sucks for posting here. Fingers are too fat to type

Edited by Devils Pride 26

4.8 shots a game - yeah he won't keep that up. 3.5 shots a game, while playing on the #1 PP and with Elias and Zubrus? He just might. Elias and Zubrus's line are the only one not getting killed - in fact, they're way in the black. Hopefully adding Henrique to the top line will shore that one up (though I think DeBoer will for some reason split up Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson and move Zubrus with Kovalchuk)

I was just checking solely to see if anyone else caught this. That's Grade-A trolling by Clarkson right there. :lol:

Yeah -- but look where it got us <_< I hate it when that happens. Quality work going to waste like that. At least I dont think it was inspiring ... just confirmation Clarky picked the right target.

Edited by Pepperkorn

NJ had their chances and so did Boston. The bright side is that the mistakes in the defensive zone and that moose hadn't played only bit us once. In the new NHL you can't really be upset when you lose and only score 1 goal. We should send Tyler Seguin a nice thank you card for giving us that one point lol.