on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

snartly

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

• Boo at him every time he touches the puck
    • applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils
    • Chant "Kovy's better"

Wow what closed-minded bitterness. Its like a bunch of 9 yr olds that didnt get their way on here, which is nothing new around these parts.

Lets see:

Play for NJ who just made it to the cup finals, youre the captain of the team, and familiar with everyone, yet its an aging team, youre absolutely underappreciated by the fans, and play in front of half full buildings with fans wearing their new kovi jersey that know nothing about the game.

That last part about fans not knowing anything is pretty funny, considering you apparently don't even know how to spell his name. Hahahahaha...

Zach didn't really accomplish much during his tenure here, and that's a shame. I won't boo him, but i certainly won't cheer. Really he doesn't even deserve a response, now he's just another guy in the league that's in our way, so all I want from that game is 2 points.

• Like 1

Zach didn't really accomplish much during his tenure here, and that's a shame. I won't boo him, but i certainly won't cheer. Really he doesn't even deserve a response, now he's just another guy in the league that's in our way, so all I want from that game is 2 points.

He was a good to very good player who lived up to his billing. Maybe he didn't win a Cup, but players don't win Cups alone. His body of work here was very good. Think the Devils would've made the playoffs all of those seasons he played here if he wasn't around? Notice they didn't make it the one season he played in just 13 games...clearly a lot of things went wrong that season other that him being hurt, but he was definitely missed. He was a big reason why the Devils were competitive since he came up. But no matter how I slice it, he won't ever be $98 million good.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

While Minnesota is my favorite West team (cuz I like the underdog like that) and I understand going "home" to play, I will still BOOOOOO him this year for leavin and then chant Trai----tor, Trai----tor when he does something to warrant a direct chant. Feel free to join me if you wish. koolaid.gif

While Minnesota is my favorite West team (cuz I like the underdog like that) and I understand going "home" to play, I will still BOOOOOO him this year for leavin and then chant Trai----tor, Trai----tor when he does something to warrant a direct chant. Feel free to join me if you wish. koolaid.gif

Someone should make a sign for warmups. "Don't worry, we won't boo you." :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8

Zach did not bring us a Cup, strung us along leading the entire fanbase (and likely management as well) to think he would resign for a year...and OUT THE DOOR! As someone else pointed out, we owe him NOTHING. I will boo until my voice is gone...

Agreed we don't owe him a heros welcome, but like CR wisely stated, it's not like he did anything "wrong". I don't remember him once saying, "I'm re-signing with NJ" and if he did, feel free to correct me. He made statements about his upcoming decision, but it was us as fans who took every quote and overanalyzed it to death. And how can you blame us! He's an extraordinary talent that happened to fall into our laps and every Devil fan wanted him locked up for life. The intense emotion surrounding his departure stems from our shattered expectations, expectations that we conjured up in our own heads.

As for not doing anything for the team, he gave his heart and soul every shift, even when we were last in leauge and getting routed by basement dwellers. Like Lou said, he was a prototypical Devil and while you won't see me sporting my Parise jersey anytime soon, I wont be burning it in effigy either. To me, his departure ranks a notch or two above Gionta leaving for Montreal, simply because Parise is a more talented player. But in terms of how much they "screwed over the organization", they are pretty much on par in not at all. Parise is a loss, but it's a loss we can recover from.

Dont worry Zach- you'll never win jack sh!t. Thats what my sign will read by the glass for warm-ups that night. I'm, also going to bring my Parise jersey with tape over the nameplate with the word "QUITTER" in bold black marker. I will toss this jersey over the glass during warmups. I hope he fvcking trips on it and breaks his face.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Agreed we don't owe him a heros welcome, but like CR wisely stated, it's not like he did anything "wrong". I don't remember him once saying, "I'm re-signing with NJ" and if he did, feel free to correct me. He made statements about his upcoming decision, but it was us as fans who took every quote and overanalyzed it to death.

Fans to Zach after welcoming the team home from LA: "Don't leave us, Zach!"

Zach to fan: "Don't worry."

Throughout this process he said he wanted to get something done in New Jersey. But as soon as Minnesota came knocking and offered to bring his friend with him, he bolted. Its absolutely correct, its his choice, I don't blame him for leaving us and I'm thankful at the very least that he went to another conference.

I agree, he owes us NOTHING. But we don't owe him ANYTHING either. He's no longer a player on this team. What he did while here is now in the past. The only thing in our rafters that will remind us of him is an Conference Champions banner which led to the worst play in a Stanley Cup Final by this club that he was a Captain of. His name/# will never be in the rafters and he will never be part of a Cup team here. IMO, he doesnt get the same "pass" that guys like Gionta, Madden, and Ralfalski got after they left. Those 3 will always be cheered by a segment of the fanbase (myself included).

I dont get the holier than thou attitude in this thread. If fans want to boo him, GOOD! He's not on this team anymore and his contributions are not significant enough to warrant anything else. He's now an enemy as the majority of players from the other 29 teams are. Its not vindictive to boo a former member of this team.

No. That vindicates his choice. I hope he never sniffs the playoffs or they go in as a 1 seed and get swept by the 8th seed Blue Jackets their next playoff appearance.

Bingo. I want this little fvckbag to start regretting his stupid decision by the end of year 2.

• Like 1

fvck that guys. being a devils fan > hating parise. Beating him in the Finals would come as close to justice being served as it will ever get.

It would be awesome to beat him in the Finals, don't get me wrong. But I'd prefer he never sniff anything close to the Finals again and is miserable fighting for 8th every year. He deserves it after the sh!t he just pulled. I'm sure Nashville fans think the same of Suter.

Wow what closed-minded bitterness. Its like a bunch of 9 yr olds that didnt get their way on here, which is nothing new around these parts.

Lets see:

Play for NJ who just made it to the cup finals, youre the captain of the team, and familiar with everyone, yet its an aging team, youre absolutely underappreciated by the fans, and play in front of half full buildings with fans wearing their new kovi jersey that know nothing about the game.

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

Unless you're talking about Suter, I don't think there are any laws against Zach doing that in New Jersey. And if you are talking about Suter, then the Caps, Bruins, Sabres, Rangers, and Islanders all play in a jurisdiction that would make more sense than Minnesota.

Other than that, the rest of your post is both accurate and not douchey at all.

It would be awesome to beat him in the Finals, don't get me wrong. But I'd prefer he never sniff anything close to the Finals again and is miserable fighting for 8th every year. He deserves it after the sh!t he just pulled. I'm sure Nashville fans think the same of Suter.

THIS. I hope him and Suter rot in Minny until the end of the very last year of their massive contracts, and NEVER make the playoffs. It is obviously unlikely, but I am hoping for it...

Even if they get in, with their current roster I do not see them making any noise whatsoever...

Zach played the devils fans and organization more than any of us will ever truely know. He's not the good old honest American boy we all thought he was. Leaving the Devils was well planned out. He talked with Suter all year about it while playing for the devils and giving us the lip service. There was even communication between them during the ECF that Zach admitted to the other day then began to back track on the topic. Chico Resch said all year if you talked to him off the record that Zach definitely wasn't coming back and that info came directly from his buddy JP. JP was even reportedly talking at the Pitt Draft that no chance Zach returns to the devils. Zach could have said all along " well see " when asked about returning to the devils. Instead he said that he definitely wanted to resign with NJ and it was a priorty to work things out with NJ yet he never even came back to Lou with a chance to match the offer, he was just gone to Minn. He said all along he wants to be a contender and wants to win and chooses the Wild?? Face it, he is an all American Liar and he should be treated as such when he returns. Toss Jerseys, chant he sucks, Kovy's better and boo him loud and endlessly!

I'll leave whats written on the bottom for you all to judge if it's true or not ( I pulled it from HF Boards ) but i certainly believe this is what really happened behind the scenes. Don't fall for Lou's saving face stuff about Zach choosing Minn to go home and Nj was second choice....

from HF poster....

I now know for a fact that Lou felt exactly like Poile did yesterday, but with the experience he has he didn't show it as much.

One of the guys I talk to actually spoke to one of our leading scouts last night (can't mention names), and they said they were all pretty much in shock, because they had basically been told he was coming back. The offer Lou presented them in Toronto was exactly the deal Parise and his agents were looking for and that's why Lou said it went very well.

When they found out about the decision Lou didn't take it very well at all. He was pretty upset with the agents. He was in a long conversation with them. Lou was actually supposed to have a conference call first, before Poile, but he was reportedly going bezerk on the agents, who he feels orchestrated this and sort of pushed Parise in this direction.

But he also said that in the back of everyone's mind they knew that there was a risk of this happening and that's why they kept the first rounder this year and picked Matteau and went hard after forwards. Matteau has the same kind of batteries that Parise has, less skilled, but won't be denied he said.

He said they are not worried, they have plans, but they're surprised and shocked because they were basically told Parise was coming back and not to worry. He just wanted to see the interest, similar to Marty and then come back to Lou. The money from Minnesota was better, but not substantially better.

remember, Zach went put of hisway to make the fans knew he did not want anyone booing Langs when he returned. Evidently, he doesn't like it when guys who used to wear the C come back and get booed.

Just sayin'

Was reading the HF Devils board, and between us over here and a lot of fans over there, there seems to be a consensus that November 11, we send Zach Parise a message he never forgets. I'm all in for that. Be it tossing your Parise shirt or jersey on the ice, tons of clever and insulting signs, 'F you Zach' chants- we must make it a night he never forgets. So its only loud when we play the Rangers, eh Zach? You're about to get a rude awakening bud. I want him to leave Newark crying on his BFF's shoulder that night. Bottom line, while booing is great, we need to take it a step further, in light of his blatant boldfaced lying to EVERYONE- not just the fans- his teammates and Lou as well. This must be, unquestionably, the most hostile and vile reception an ex-Devil has EVER received upon their return to New Jersey to play the Devils. So let's make it happen.

• Like 1