It's time, bench the entire team.

LucifersDog

Lou needs to start thinking about firing DeBoer. There are too many players stuck in a slump to mention. Hedberg needs to stop playing the puck, stay in goal. Kinkaid needs to get a shot in goal on NHL ice.  Some of these AHL players don't belong in the NHL, you know who they are. We have 4th line players at best playing on the 3rd line and maybe they shouldn't be with the big team. Lou trades will be difficult who wants what you have to give up?

Maybe this post will bring about an afternoon win on Saturday at 3 PM.

This ship must turn and soon.

Lou needs to start thinking about firing DeBoer.

If you were standing in front of me right now, I'd make a fist with my left hand, clench it really tight until it turned fiery red, rear back with all my might and...

...punch the wall, right before telling you exactly how displeased I was with that comment.

• Like 2

We are all frustrated and just like in the stanley cup they just don't have enough offense.  they just can't get the puck in the net.  I actually thought they played better last night than they've played in a couple of weeks (just couldn't get the puck in the net)

I'm a big fan of DeBoer though.  I think he's a big reason why they went to the cup last year.  I don't like how Lou pulls the trigger with coaches too often.  I still don't think Larry Robinson should have been fired in 02 because of a bad start (despite going to the cup 2 years in a row before that).  DeBoer is not the problem.  They just don't have enough offense.  Elias and Kovelchek have very nice games, but they don't have a lot of offense around them

Like I said though, they played their best game last night since the 2 penguins games (I thought they were pretty bad in even the wins against the flyers and caps).  sometimes it's just bad bounces and the other goalie playing lights out and I think that's what happened yesterday.  If they played the way they played yesterday for the rest of the season they'll be ok (they'll start getting some bounces again).  All the games before this (during this 8 game drought) they were out played, that wasn't the case last night.

I do understand your frustration though, but don't forget last year they had a bad start and played really well in the 2nd half.  This year's start was so good that it helps them to still be in playoff position (despite being so bad for the last 8 or 9 games)

Lou needs to start thinking about firing DeBoer. There are too many players stuck in a slump to mention. Hedberg needs to stop playing the puck, stay in goal. Kinkaid needs to get a shot in goal on NHL ice.  Some of these AHL players don't belong in the NHL, you know who they are. We have 4th line players at best playing on the 3rd line and maybe they shouldn't be with the big team. Lou trades will be difficult who wants what you have to give up?

I agree.  Just like Larry Robinson should have never been fired in 02, DeBoer should be here for awhile.  I love what I've seen from this team in the last year and a half that he's been here.  I've seen heart and toughness that I haven't seen since the 95-03 era.  DeBoer has helped bring the old grit back they lost for almost 10 years.

Really?!  Fire the coach who took his team to the SCF in his first year.  I think he is a phenomenal coach.  The team is just going through a slump and not finishing off their chances. 

Edited by GIANTS79

Nice  one, LD. Wasn't sure how you'd play this one. Hope the jinx breaking streak continues.

The Devils have a weak group of forwards right now and not much that can be added from an average defensive group, at least in terms of playmaking and speed/offense.

I dont see Lou able to do much with this bunch until the offseason.

Daniel - Just a quick side note - and at the risk of losing him forever... you do realize we all think of you as looking like the dude in your signature. 

Yeah, it was hard finding the image in the first place.  So, I think he's gone forever.  This is the age of austerity after all.

I think you're an idiot. We have injuries and and can't finish our chances. Chill out and go Devils!

Wow there wasn't that much reaction when Lou fired Claude Julian. I said Lou should think about firing DeBoer, think about. I do think this is not a slump since 2/12/13.

Bench the entire team. BTW anyone that thinks that Zubrus coming back will turn this around doesn't know the Devils.

You know it's funny, on the front page of the site - all I saw was, "It's time, bench..." I instantly thought to myself, "Oh who is it this time? You know LD, if we listened to you the whole team would be benched."......Touche sir, touche.

agree, Slump is a misconseption, more like a correction. how much more can we expect out of patty, greene and clarkson? Zubie is a support player, to an extent so is travis.  defensively we got old fast, zid looked like he was playing by a thread last year, that thread broke.  we knew there were too many goals that left the team.  the good thing is there arent that many strong teams out there and we have a decent system. so we'll be fighting for a PO spot.  heck maybe our superstar catches fire!  is it time to move patty up with zajac and kovy? or is that too much ice time where these 3 are sitting?

and the kings didnt have a place for him, what does that tell you?

It tells me that different players excel under different systems.

Or that Loktionov is a top 6 center who doesn't get a spot in the lineup over Kopitar or Mike Richards. The Kings haven't been so great this year either. I wouldn't say we're in that much trouble just because Loktionov is looking really good now.