GDT: Devils @ Kings 10:30PM

PWW

Dan Boyle is better with age. Burns is a monster offensive or defensive. Good goaltending. Some of the best offense in the league. Stanley cup built and can win it. But they fizzle in the conference finals twice. There time is due soon. Great staff behind the bench. Great team. My team out west that I always watch besides the devils.

They just never ever impressed me, always off to hot starts and then nothing. We'll see.

Just got home from the game...couple of observations:

1. Staples Center (as expected) is phenomenal...feels like a massive mall/food court with tons of food/beer/drink options and a sick ass sound and lighting system and video board. Top notch facility...no surprise because the Lakers/Kings/Clippers all call it home

2. Fans...I had heard LA fans were wishy washy, come late, get decked out and leave early kinda crowd...NOT TRUE FOR KINGS FANS...these people were parked in their seats 10 minutes before the puck dropped, place was packed to the gills, sold out, and this was the LOUDEST ARENA I have ever been in...the fans were very, very loud and the music and sounds were very, very loud.  These Kings fans are super serious.  No bullsh!t like the rest of LA fans.  The arena/fans were literally 10-12 times louder than any regular season Devils game I have ever been to...probably twice as loud as the last Stanley Cup run.

3. Hockey-wise...we lucked out big time pulling this game out.  To get outshot like that and even be in the game going into overtime was a miracle in and of itself.  This team owes Schneider a massive trip to a stripclub and bottle service with many HJs and BJs coming his way.  The kid was nothing short of miraculous and we didn't do a whole lot to bail him out.

-Gelinas--that kids shot is serious, especially up close

-Jagr--great hands, very slow side to side but has something left, obviously

-Schneider--cool, calm and steady

-Gio/Bernier/Carter--game puck goes to that line because they brought the heat when everyone else was struggling all night long...this win is thanks to them/Schneider/Jagr's game winner.

Also, Kopitar is a beast.  This dude is the real deal. He is quick end to end and he is very dangerous with the puck on his stick.

Another also...and this is LA vs. NJ in general so it comes with the turf...their "Ice Girls" are like Victoria's Secret models and our "Ice Girls" are like the Lunch Ladies at William Paterson.  No contest.

WOW. What a game.  Can't wait to get back to Staples Center to see more hockey because these Kings fans are serious about their hockey.

Edited by mikepeluso8
  • Like 1

Those are the teams we've beaten.

Rangers (11-11-0)

Bruins (14-6-2)

Lightning (14-8-0)

Flyers (9-10-2)

Predators (11-9-2)

Rangers (11-11-0)

Penguins (14-8-0)

Ducks (15-6-3)

Kings (15-6-2)

COMBINED: 114-77-9 (82 AVG: 47-31-4)

Conversely, let's look at the teams we've lost to.

Penguins (14-8-0)

Islanders (8-11-3)

Oilers (7-15-2)

Canucks (11-8-4)

Flames (7-11-4)

Jets (10-11-3)

Senators (8-10-4)

Blue Jackets (8-11-3)

Canucks (11-8-4)

Flyers (9-10-2)

Wild (14-5-4)

Maple Leafs (13-10-1)

Kings (15-6-2)

COMBINED: 135-124-36 (82 AVG: 38-35-9)

What does this data tell me?  Well it tells me the Devils have played really well against the good teams, but not so good against the bad teams.  But many of the games we lost to bad teams was right in the beginning of the season, and right now this team looks completely different than it did in October.

They just never ever impressed me, always off to hot starts and then nothing. We'll see.

They have won 3 of 4, but they haven't dominated anybody until tonight.

3-2 over Calgary in OT.

2-1 over Vancouver in OT

3-1 over Edmonton

1-5 loss to Chicago

5-1 beating over Tampa tonight.

Man, I couldn't stay awake for any of this game, but I just woke up to saw we won. Only 2 goals for Cory, but it was enough to win so color me thrilled. 3 in a row against 3 very good teams- let's keep it rolling boys!!

The first 45 minutes of the game were brutal. Consider yourself lucky you didnt have to witness that ****show

The first 45 minutes of the game were brutal. Consider yourself lucky you didnt have to witness that ****show

Yeah I was just checking out TG's Twitter and saw the shot disparity. Outshot 14-2 in the first, 5 shots through the second, and only 12 for the fvcking game? I guess Schneider did steal this one. How the hell did they win this game with 12 shots on goal?! I'll take it, but 12? Man alive lol.

1. Another atrocious game from the refs

2. Schneider...wow

3. The LA crowd sounded great. The organ even encouraged to use that dreaded 'S' word that is now blasphemy in our puritanical arena.

4. We were sooo close to getting a salute!

Edited by devlman

Yeah I was just checking out TG's Twitter and saw the shot disparity. Outshot 14-2 in the first, 5 shots through the second, and only 12 for the fvcking game? I guess Schneider did steal this one. How the hell did they win this game with 12 shots on goal?! I'll take it, but 12? Man alive lol.

It was 15 shots. And we were the better team in the 3rd.

But remember when we lost two games in a row when we allowed a total combined shots of 25. That was against the Leafs and Sens last year. So this happens both ways.

1. Another atrocious game from the refs

2. Schneider...wow

3. The LA crowd sounded great. The organ even encouraged to use that dreaded 'S' word that is now blasphemy in our puritanical arena.

4. We were sooo close to getting a salute!

If we used the S word in the manner they did instead of during the goal song, it would be more fun. Chanting it during our goal song is what I have a problem with.

Man, I couldn't stay awake for any of this game, but I just woke up to saw we won. Only 2 goals for Cory, but it was enough to win so color me thrilled. 3 in a row against 3 very good teams- let's keep it rolling boys!!

Yep...same here! I was crashed out just as the 1st period ended, getting up early and trying to stay awake late is not working. :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Yikes.  Devils were getting outshot 29-6 when Carter scored.  I couldn't stay awake for much of it, but something tells me I should be glad I couldn't.   

Well, after the past two nights, we definitely can't complain that the breaks never go the Devils' way. 

One last game in the schedule from hell, and the Devils have clinched NHL .500 for that stretch, at the least.  It's where I thought they'd be, so I'll take it. 

If they actually go 3-0 on this trip...damn. 

was exhausted trying to stay up for this one but after jagr popped out of the box and sealed the deal my god i was pumped and couldnt fall asleep lol.. cory once again is just amazing.. cant believe they snuck out with two points in this game i didnt even think we were going to end up with one. Saturday will be a tough game but hopefully the team will be re energized with time to rest they looked really slow and tired last night

So what is it that Salvador is NOT bringing to the table?   How is it we lose with these integral role players with top notch work ethics on the roster and squeak by without them?  It's not coincidence. 

So I guess this is Pete's problem to sort through.  or Lou's  - what is it that these guys lack -- it's not merely the wrong mix of skills or the right skills at the wrong time.  No one is really that incomplete of a package.

It's very hard to say I dont care what these guys are bringing if they can't bring home the points.  I just dont think they should have such a huge role on ice when we need to rack up points.  I think this has been solved in a pretty decent way.  Get the standing half/live wood off the the ice, rack up the points and haul them out when you need them.  These guys have just as much rust rested or not...

what do I know?  I'm just blabbing  I just dont want to read Oh hey soandso (who we all know sucks) and who gave us a shining loosing record are sorely missed at bladdy-blah times.  Well who gives a sh!t if we can't even GET to the point we're missing them if they are on ice? 

I just don't envy DeBoer's position.  It's very difficult to see the forest or (not for, I do mean OR) the trees with this team.  You know they took steps (or had some lucky injuries - whatever with all that :blink: ) -- it worked and you know maybe it will come back at bite 'em in the ass -- but at least you're set up for success in the standings.  BAHHHH!  barnie.gif

Edited by Pepperkorn

Honestly, who woudl have thought Jagr had that much in the tank. I think he is making me apprecaite the difference between the greats and the very good. The fact that he is still able to do this at this stage is just amazing. Awesome to see the devs steal a win for once.

i just hope he doesnt run out of fuel like a lot of people are predicting mid way threw the season... he conditions and trains like no other that has got to play a big part in it.

I turned the game off after the second period......cause I didnt want to go to sleep all PO'd (we looked like crap for the first and second)  but it looks like I shoulda stayed up

They are replaying the game on MSG plus right now.....cant wait to see the third and OT

Go Jags !!!!!!!!!!!!!