GDT: SENS AT DEVS - 7PM Blizzard's Coming! MSG+

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sequence shows a big difference between the two teams tonight. There are still Sens players *cough* Heatley *cough* that don't find it necessary to move their feet when they don't have the puck.

On that goal, the Devils were moving, creating confusion, getting in a position to be effective. In short, playing hockey. And it didn't take long to score a PPG. How novel.

The sens controlled that period till the Brookbank penalty. He just missed. Great job by Elias though along the boards to deflect that puck to Martin and then Elias got the goal. We need to play another 20 good minutes and get us 2 points.

Meh. Not really. The Sens got a lot of "chances" early, but it was still a case of them standing still without the puck and playing dispassionate hockey. Those "chances" were simply decent shots, not real threats at scoring opportunities. They "dominated" because the Devils were sitting back and playing still effective defense. There was no real offensive threat until after the shorthanded goal and then the Devils responded in kind.

Once Jersey was only up one, they got offensively aggressive again and brought back the two goal lead eventually.

Dominated never happened as I saw it.

LET'S GO DEVILS (though for some reason I have a bad vibe about this game)

I love being wrong. This Senator team really is a mess. I wonder if Spezza is going to be scratched in Ottawa's next game, as their head coach implied before the game.

This team is starting to remind me of the '00-'01 squad. Fun to watch.

Welcome back Patrik. THIS is the guy we all thought we'd be watching two years ago. It's great to see him again now...and so damn HAPPY! :boogie:

that was a really good complete game. i really like how this team has been playing since marty went down.

Pretty hard not to.

The Sutter detractors are going to have to tone it down for a while. Last year the guy overachieved with 99 points, this year he's got the team playing some terrific hockey AND he doing it with Scott Clemmensen as his #1 netminder!

Pretty hard not to.

The Sutter detractors are going to have to tone it down for a while. Last year the guy overachieved with 99 points, this year he's got the team playing some terrific hockey AND he doing it with Scott Clemmensen as his #1 netminder!

Not to mention the same offense that looked so god-awful last year is lighting it up big-time this year.

I haven't had as much fun watching a Devil team since the end of '06 (especially given the obstacles they've been overcoming) and this team is starting to look like they have the mental toughness of the '03 squad. It shows you something when the first words out of Elias's mouth in the postgame interview were how the Devils floated around in the latter part of the second period.

It may be a year late but Sutter is finally able to implement the changes he talked about when he first got here and look at the results. Clemmensen with his tenth win tonight, that seemed unfathomable even after Marty's injury.

Edited by Hasan4978

I love being wrong. This Senator team really is a mess. I wonder if Spezza is going to be scratched in Ottawa's next game, as their head coach implied before the game.

This team is starting to remind me of the '00-'01 squad. Fun to watch.

Welcome back Patrik. THIS is the guy we all thought we'd be watching two years ago. It's great to see him again now...and so damn HAPPY! :boogie:

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game tonight bro. This is the most balanced team we've had since '01 bar none. We're rolling 4 lines and we have great depth. VERY reminiscent of '01. When Marty comes back, I feel this team is a legit Cup contender. Some tough ones coming up with the Fly-f*gs and Boston though.