Devils Select Legends as New PruCenter Food Vendor

Colin226

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus a majority of the sth's get food and beverage cards anyway so of course it'd be nice if the food options were better :lol:

If it wasn't for the f/b card though I wouldn't bother getting much at the arena. Especially with all the other places to eat nearby, plus I'm fortunate enough that I can eat dinner at home most of time before going to games. People commuting from the city don't have that luxury.

I think those cards are going to be scaled back big time moving forward. Those things were basically being given away.

The real question:  Will this be enough to get Chico out of retirement? :wub:

Lawrd strike me down, I just thought Hmm wonder if they'll have a segment called Dano dr... :mellow:  nevermind

Dano dreams?  :cheers:

oh wow.. sounds like we are going to be getting real food in the arena for a change.. thats nice to hear and hell..might even be the only thing to look forward to for next season.but something also tells me that with better quality food comes an even higher price tag than what we were already paying to eat in the arena

i always liked the chicken tenders and fries at the caa as a kid. i hope they get rid of the "nathan's inspired" fries or whatever it is they have at the rock - they are so gross and mushy and often not even cooked thoroughly. i remember how exciting the whole taste of newark thing was going to be with centerplate (or was it someone else who had that deal? i just remember a lot of sh!t going down with jimmy buff's when aramark came in and did knockoffs of all the other taste of newark stands), but everything was just bland. overpriced cardboard. i wonder how this will affect pricing and wait times overall - and yeah i know it SHOULDNT be the objective to EAT at the arena when you're going to see a game but when you're trying to pimp out a world class arena you SHOULD have somewhat decent food i'd think. this should be a nice experiment. hope it doesn't fail, it would be nice to see some of the amenities start to match up with the arena itself.

Edited by Weekes Head

I find it pretty funny to read people saying on here, other forums, FB and twitter something to the effect of "who cares about the food, they should concentrate on the on-ice product!"

Yet at the same time many of these same people were whining about the "game-day atmosphere" being "ruined" by these owners when they made changes such as the goal song. SMH

Anyways about Tastes of Newark:  That place was good when they had the different local vendors but I'll have to admit I didn't really feel bad for Jimmy Buff's.  Over the past decade or so they have been their own worst enemy as their quality has gone down and now other places make their Jersey Hot Dog better than them.  Hell I thought the corporate replacement for their hot dog stand did a better job at making their own hot dogs than when Jimmy Buff's ran it.

I find it pretty funny to read people saying on here, other forums, FB and twitter something to the effect of "who cares about the food, they should concentrate on the on-ice product!"

Yet at the same time many of these same people were whining about the "game-day atmosphere" being "ruined" by these owners when they made changes such as the goal song. SMH

Anyways about Tastes of Newark:  That place was good when they had the different local vendors but I'll have to admit I didn't really feel bad for Jimmy Buff's.  Over the past decade or so they have been their own worst enemy as their quality has gone down and now other places make their Jersey Hot Dog better than them.  Hell I thought the corporate replacement for their hot dog stand did a better job at making their own hot dogs than when Jimmy Buff's ran it.

Totally agree and I was just thinking this.. One of the biggest pieces of feedback the Devils new management received was about food quality, but once they move to improve it, folks are off to the next complaint.. Unbelievable.. And how stupid is it to think that this has any affect whatsoever on the team's operations? Lou handles that, and a whole swath of other people were hired specifically for Prudential Center management

Totally agree and I was just thinking this.. One of the biggest pieces of feedback the Devils new management received was about food quality, but once they move to improve it, folks are off to the next complaint.. Unbelievable.. And how stupid is it to think that this has any affect whatsoever on the team's operations? Lou handles that, and a whole swath of other people were hired specifically for Prudential Center management

I hate to say this, but a lot of it goes back to the goal song.  Up until then most fans were happy that their team were not on the constant brink of bankruptcy but were somewhat cautious as to their plans for the Devils (and rightfully so).  However, ever since they changed the goal song a lot of the fans are really stuck in the mindset that whatever these owners do from then on they can't do it right and I think that is unfair.

However it does seem like there are fewer and fewer who are thinking that way but they still seem to be very vocal on social media.

People who express their opinions about the Devils on social media outlets like the team Facebook or Twitter pages are (most of the time) the absolute bottom of the barrel dipsh!t hockey fan. Most of these people are so dangerously stupid that they should be required to pass an IQ test just to get out of bed in the morning.

People who express their opinions about the Devils on social media outlets like the team Facebook or Twitter pages are (most of the time) the absolute bottom of the barrel dipsh!t hockey fan. Most of these people are so dangerously stupid that they should be required to pass an IQ test just to get out of bed in the morning.

lol that is extremely blunt but very true at the same time.

Anyways if the Devils add a micro-brew inside the arena, I will be in heaven.

Speaking of beer, wasn't there supposed to be a beer garden being built between Brick City Bar and Grill and Loft 46 (or is it 47?) that was to be owned and run by BCBG?  Last time I saw they were re-doing that building but didn't know if that is still happening.

lol that is Speaking of beer, wasn't there supposed to be a beer garden being built between Brick City Bar and Grill and Loft 46 (or is it 47?) that was to be owned and run by BCBG? Last time I saw they were re-doing that building but didn't know if that is still happening.

Eisenflucht Beer Garden (or Biergarten?) was what that project was called. It's been two years since they announced it and I cannot find a trace of a web page, Facebook page, or Internet news/chatter about it. But I am not implying that it has been scrapped or altered.

lol that is extremely blunt but very true at the same time.

Speaking of beer, wasn't there supposed to be a beer garden being built between Brick City Bar and Grill and Loft 46 (or is it 47?) that was to be owned and run by BCBG?  Last time I saw they were re-doing that building but didn't know if that is still happening.

:pray:

I was just thinking this the other day, I couldn't agree more. I read it for the pure entertainment. I hate to be the get off my lawn guy, but if the youth of this country are a bunch of dipsh!ts. Did anyone see where some of our fans after hearing the whistling on TV thought they were doing the Rangers sucks and Flyers swallow chant at MSG for the playoffs? Humiliating.

I was just thinking this the other day, I couldn't agree more. I read it for the pure entertainment. I hate to be the get off my lawn guy, but if the youth of this country are a bunch of dipsh!ts. Did anyone see where some of our fans after hearing the whistling on TV thought they were doing the Rangers sucks and Flyers swallow chant at MSG for the playoffs? Humiliating.

I saw those posts too and I was beyond shocked. I understand that there are plenty of people who are part of those groups that are at best casual fans who do not invest large amounts of time into following the devils or hockey in general, but these were coming from self-proclaimed "hardcore" devils fans.

For example I am a fan of RBNY and know some stuff about them, but just because I buy a bit of their merchandise and go to a couple of games a year does not allow me to just start spewing nonsense on a fan group. I would at least spend a little time making sure I get the team and it's traditions down pat a little more before I start acting like I am a hardcore fan.

But like MD said FB and twitter is basically filled with these types of people and each with their own opinion. However you know what they say about opinions and a$$holes.

In a Twitter Q&A toward the end of the season, Hugh Weber said he was actively looking into featuring beers from Jersey/local breweries at The Rock for next season. Considering the other changes in the types of food vendors coming to the Rock, the local beer thing would seem like a no-brainer. I can't see it not happening considering what he said in the Q&A.

I'd love to see Flying Fish all over the Rock, or even NJ Beer Co.'s IPA, who are based in my town of North Bergen.

Edited by DJ Eco