Bernier

smelly

you guys are all worked up on that hit calm the fvck down without bernier and the rest of the 4th line we would have never been here.

it happends get over it

Yeah, and Tom Glavine pitched a lot of good games in 2007. Bill Buckner got a lot of big hits in 1986. I could fvckin go on all day.

could take or leave him at this point. He was trying to be aggressive and ended up doing something unbelievable stupid...even though scuderi was turning and it should've been a 2...Bernier could've still held up a bit, or changed directions.

he's a pretty good 4th liner to have around. I can forgive this I suppose

Edited by '7'

I'm not gonna castrate Bernier. The call on Gionta should've been made, and Scuderi turned at the last second like the p*ssy he is. This is all on O'Rourke. If I see O'Rourke crossing the street, I'm speeding up and running a red light if I have to.

The Oilers forgave Steve Smith

Rags forgave Adam Graves

Long time ago. And Graves had quite a history in NY by that point anyway.

This is a 4th line guy who the casual fans have no idea who he is. I dont see him re-signed. I'm personally not against it, but I dont think Bernier is back.

I didn't like the hit but to act like the guy is going to be banished out of the NHL after this is a bit of a quick reaction...he's a solid 4th line player and I feel he still belongs in the league. He proved it to everyone this year...even if he turned off his brain there for a few seconds.

I'm not gonna castrate Bernier. The call on Gionta should've been made, and Scuderi turned at the last second like the p*ssy he is. This is all on O'Rourke. If I see O'Rourke crossing the street, I'm speeding up and running a red light if I have to.

this

I would take him back in a heart beat. He was a great find, and plays the game hard. When he really finds himself I can see him having a 20 goal season on a 4th line. Yeha the hit was dumb, but I'm not going to kill him over that. He was trying to get a big hit to get the team going (what the 4th line is suppose to do) and it did not work out. What we really should be talking about is the 3 goals we gave up. The team has to step up and kill that off not get flat on their heels and wine about the missed call before that.

Surprised he didn't win the Conn Smythe after his effort tonight.

In all seriousness though, I don't think the play was as dumb as everyone made it seem. Bernier didn't mean for it to be dangerous. I can forgive the guy, I feel for him I guess. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him back there. Who knows if the Devils would have been past the Florida series without him.

Steve Smith scored in his own net and the Oilers didn't make it to the SCF. The next year Gretzky handed Smith the Stanley Cup first.

Steve Bernier made a mistake that cost three goals that cost us the Stanley Cup. Next year Parise will hand the Stanley Cup to Steve Bernier first.

• Like 1

Steve Smith scored in his own net and the Oilers didn't make it to the SCF. The next year Gretzky handed Smith the Stanley Cup first.

Steve Bernier made a mistake that cost three goals that cost us the Stanley Cup. Next year Parise will hand the Stanley Cup to Steve Bernier first.

And the drunkest person on the board award goes to....Carpathian!!!