UPDATED-Roller hockey meet!

Aznjsn

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is worse than a coward like that, it gets me angry just sitting here thinking about it. I played on the North Stars, The Foot Clan, Rolling Thunder, and a few other teams in C,D and E leagues.

Yean i've def played against both of you guys. And i was on the Foot Clan for about 7 or 8 seasons so i def played against you at some point.

think we all can agree whenever we do hold this event, it'll be no checking? i really do not want to have to find shoulder pads knowing someone might take a run at me and all, lol

Just stay outta the goal crease and you'll be good :evil:

think we all can agree whenever we do hold this event, it'll be no checking? i really do not want to have to find shoulder pads knowing someone might take a run at me and all, lol

Def no checking, this will be a friendly game between Devs fans in which many of us aren't that experienced.

I live in bergen county and play a lot at Patruska park in Paramus. They just put in new boards and the surface is decent. I used to play up in morristown but the surface there sucks its like a waxed gym floor haha. im def down for a game though so whens this going on and where?

I live in bergen county and play a lot at Patruska park in Paramus. They just put in new boards and the surface is decent. I used to play up in morristown but the surface there sucks its like a waxed gym floor haha. im def down for a game though so whens this going on and where?

Not sure where in Bergen you are but if you ever want to make the trip up to Orangeburg, NY, I'll skate with you at Veteran's Memorial Park. Decent rink there, they're going to have to fix at least the boards behind the south goal since someone put a small hole in it over the winter but its still an even surface and they left one net out.

finally a rink that is kinda close...love this rink...its huge and the surface is pretty good...im down for here...anyone else like this rink?

I live in Jackson. I don't know how many people are from that area but the Justice Complex has a rink.. great lights.. we play until midnight with no problems. There is a about 6 of us that go every other day or so and are trying to get a few games together without having to join a league and make that sort of weekly dedication. half of us are eh so so and a couple guys are real good. some people dont have all equipment yet so we tend to avoid too many slapshots and if its just us there we play half ice, hit the post, but its a lot of fun. if your in the jackson area and just want to come out let me know because im pretty much ALWAYS there. havent played in a couple years and trying to get my footing back doing a lot of drills so if you're not very experienced and just want to shoot around and do some practicing defeintely come out... BTW i took the tour of the Pru Center today and will be purchasing my 2011-2012 season tix this week probably in section 106!!! MY FIRST TIME and im very very excited. I never took notice of how that section really is though during gametime. Hopefully there are some fun people who sit there. But yeah again we are looking for some people to practice with and maybe get a few teams to play on the reg for some pre-game fun (hit the bar for a devils game right after for some drink and a good time) After a shower of course... ehh maybe not sometimes ha.

Edited by TheRadHeedan

My name is John. I think the year I played with those guys was after you left, but I had some fill in games previously while you were still on the team. I definitely remember the name. I played ice hockey at Johnson with Yawlak and those guys.

Small world. I'm sure I'd recognize you if i saw you. Hopefully we can catch up when we all get together to shoot around.

So does everyone want to do this at an outdoor rink? As I said the rink in Edison is rentable, and if we get a lot of guys it really wouldnt be much money for a few hours.

If outside I gotta grab a new stick/wheels.

Puck? Ball?

Im in Woodbridge by the way.

I say definitely an outdoor rink. I feel like the general consensus is that this would be a nice way to meet people and put faces to the user names and avatars, so I don't think it's necessary to have to pay money for it, especially when a few people in this thread have shown interest who don't have a lot of experience. Also, if we rent a rink we have a time limit. If we play outside we can mess around for as long as we want without paying a dime.

The Rutgers rink is outside but the surface is smooth enough that you can use a puck without worrying about it taking annoying bounces and stuff. The only issue we may run into there is that they run an intramural league in the spring, so we just need to make sure that won't be going on at the time. A phone call should be able to let us know when it's open.

I really hope we could get this going. I think RU is a great meet up for anyone in the central jersey area. I'd love to play more roller hockey but now that I'm 25 and have a full time job it's really a matter of finding the people to play with. Who better than a group of loyal Devils fans?

While we're on the topic, does anyone know of any good roller hockey leagues I can register in this spring? I live in North Brunswick and I already know of Inman. Maybe some of us can get a team going this spring? Thanks for the input...

If you have a facebook account you should search for the group "Open Skate at Cook/Douglass Roller Rink." People post when they're going to be there so you always know when there will be other guys. There's a new facility that opened up in Metuchen called Metuchen Sportsplex. I haven't heard anything about the league other than that it is cheaper than Inman and the regular season games actually matter as opposed to Inman where the standings are almost completely meaningless.

I say definitely an outdoor rink. I feel like the general consensus is that this would be a nice way to meet people and put faces to the user names and avatars, so I don't think it's necessary to have to pay money for it, especially when a few people in this thread have shown interest who don't have a lot of experience. Also, if we rent a rink we have a time limit. If we play outside we can mess around for as long as we want without paying a dime.

The Rutgers rink is outside but the surface is smooth enough that you can use a puck without worrying about it taking annoying bounces and stuff. The only issue we may run into there is that they run an intramural league in the spring, so we just need to make sure that won't be going on at the time. A phone call should be able to let us know when it's open.

If you have a facebook account you should search for the group "Open Skate at Cook/Douglass Roller Rink." People post when they're going to be there so you always know when there will be other guys. There's a new facility that opened up in Metuchen called Metuchen Sportsplex. I haven't heard anything about the league other than that it is cheaper than Inman and the regular season games actually matter as opposed to Inman where the standings are almost completely meaningless.

What type of surface is it?

Im open to whatever, I was just throwing the Edison thing out there. It would be like $10-20 bucks for a couple hours.

Edited by Blown01NJ

Unless we had around twenty ppl interested in rentif a rink indoor, we will probably have to wait til springtime for a free public rink.

Come springtime, our first meet will most likely be in Central Jersey like at the RU rink. From there we can decide how regularly we want to meet and try and rotate rinks to accommodate ppl from the northern and southern areas of NJ or even NY so that the same ppl don't have to drive so far all the time. I'm going to ask that people PM what days they prefer/available to play as in Fri/sat/sun morning/afternoon/evening/all day and what town they reside in so I can organize and map out where our we r all from. I'll introduce myself and tell you what I'm looking for.

My name is Jay, I live in Woodbridge and I can play Friday evenings/Saturday all day/Sunday nights. I prefer to play sat mornings.

Thanks guys, and continue to post up all rinks you know of and any other suggestions you have. I def look into everything that is posted here.

My name is Danny. I'm in Brooklyn, but my parents are in Glen Ridge, so north/central Jersey is definitely doable. I can play Friday evenings, Saturdays all day, and Sunday mornings. I'd prefer Saturday mornings as well.

BTW, I played ice hockey badly for a couple years, and I'm worse on roller skates.

I haven't played in a while, but my wheels are meant for an indoor rink, so I'm only interested if it's indoor. :noclue:

Plus I assume if we play outdoor it will have to be ball hockey, because a puck doesn't really glide good on anything outdoor. Puck > Ball.

Not true at all. On most outdoor rinks (RU, Old Bridge, Manalapan, Marlboro, Monroe, Jackson, etc) all work perfectly fine with a puck. Not an ice hockey puck but a roller hockey puck. At least IMO.

Not true at all. On most outdoor rinks (RU, Old Bridge, Manalapan, Marlboro, Monroe, Jackson, etc) all work perfectly fine with a puck. Not an ice hockey puck but a roller hockey puck. At least IMO.

SOME

places like Woodbridge, Short Hills, Maplewood are all better off with a ball.... and like people said above... do you really want people getting clipped in the shins with a puck....kinda nasty.....

I get the whole "puck is greater then ball" thing... on an IDEAL surface.....

But also context of the game, players etc .... this may not be the case here.....