GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7PM - 9/23

jagknife

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Devils fan NOT defending Martin Brodeur is like a human NOT breathing oxygen. If you can live with oxygen, you aren't human. And if you don't defend Brodeur, you aren't ............ nevermind.

It's the preseason.

Yeah and he looked exactly the way he does against the Rangers in the regular season post-lockout, just good enough to lose and allow a backbreaking clunker every game :P

But Marty does tend to get off to slow starts in general...the one year he got out of the blocks quick since the lockout was '08 and he got hurt after ten games.

And lol at the Devils' 'Opening Night White' theme...so now we're going to wear all white when the Flyers are going to be the team wearing white? At least they're giving away a 30th anniversary t-shirt then, hopefully the Flyer fans don't back up the toilets with them the way Ranger fans did with our rally towels.

I loved Larsson tonight. I feel that it would be wiser to pair him with Tallinder. He looked much better on the defensive side of his game when he was paired with him.

Anyone agree that Volchenkov and Greene both looked shaky ? Also Salvador wasn't very good, but its been a while and I don't think he can get his game a 100% back just like that.

Fayne was a little bit invisible IMO. Brodeur rusty, but that's all normal. Henrique impressed me even tho he kinda had a great first period and two decent other ones.

Tedenby, should've finished the job on 2 occasions and lost the puck a little bit to much especially on the PP, but his speed is just a constant threat for the other team. Josefson was just WOW. I didn't even know he could shoot like that. Looked so mature on the ice. He knew what to do with the puck and I was wondering if anyone noticed that his skating is better than last year. He seems to be skating faster and smoother.

Even tho we lost and we maybe didn't play a great game in all the areas of the ice, this game really made my night with all this young talent showing such great things.

Edited by SS-SS

Larsson was our best D-Man....2 nights in a row. Pretty safe to say we hit the jackpot here. His hockey sense is downright insanely good for a kid of his age. Niedermeyer had nowhere near the hockey sense this kid had at the same age. Not even close. Yep, only two games in, but it's like seeing a young pitcher throw 100 MPH. You don't need to see much to know he has the goods and we're all witnessing the next great NJ Devil.

Henrique was very good tonight. He has obvious high end skills and he needs a place on this roster.

Kovy just seems possessed out there. He is going to be an absolute beast this year and God forbid anybody ever takes one of his one timers in the chest.

Marty lost this game, and he's been too good for too long to worry, but if he's going to be an average goalie I'm all for getting the kids some NHL experience this year. This could have been a game where we focus on the offensive potential of this team and Marty being Marty (remember, Parise and Elias were watching from the box) and even start to look forward to a power play. Sure, it's only preseason, but after last year's horrendous start, ya, I want to win every frickin' game, even in the preseason and especially against the Rangers in our house. It DID matter and by the look of the Devils players at the end of the game, it mattered to them too. And that, I was happy to see.

And....GOD I'M JUST SO HAPPY HOCKEY IS BACK! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!

Same here, I jumped out of my chair a few times during this game. I had to remind myself it's only a pre-season game on several occasions. Boy was this a longggggg off season.

I didnt care, i let loose. haha. way too pumped for hockey to get back, and i freaking hated most of the Ranger fans around me minus the family behind me and the cute girls a few rows ahead. [yes, i did say there were a few cute ranger fans. sorry]

He pretty much fell out of bed and played in the game. What do you honestly expect? :lol:

The defense was also pretty woeful.

Anyways, taking premature insanity out of the equation, Larsson looks ready offensively and his skill level is great, but man they're gonna have to protect him off the bat.

Larsson was less impressive tonight, but he does have a ton of confidence in himself, which is a pretty good sign.

Fayne and Taormina both were disappointing - neither did much of note.

Another 0 shot night for Palmieri, which leaves the door open for Bernier.

Goal scorer's goal from Henrique - he is going to be a solid player in the NHL sooner than later. He's got NHL speed, too.

Having just watched back the game one of the things Larsson already possesses is a certain intimidation factor, not physically (which i think he will eventually gain) but with what he can do with the puck.

On the PPG you could see the rangers players were being drawn to him, the rangers lost thier shape and kovy had more time and space to finnish. That alone and his first pass out of our zone are enough to warrant a place on the team.

He does not look like he will gain anything from a season in the AHL other than conditioning.

Henrique's finish was a thing of beauty, hope he makes the team.

Josefson looks like he has added considerably to his frame and his skating speed. All great signs. Tedenby still needs to bulk up more.

We should all congratulate the Ranger fans in attendance on that Stanley Cup they acted like they won tonight.

i think they just wanted to prove (again) that they are the worst hockey fans in the league. seriously, rangers fans are such obnoxious dipsh!ts. on so many occasions i wanted to get up and leave my seat last night, and not because the devils were losing, but just because i didn't want to listen to the morons yell their bullsh!t anymore.