45 replies to this topic

#21 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread but this is slighty off topic. My work computer has an enormous problem handling some of the animated gifs or videos in people's avatars and signatures. It would be easier for me if the site didn't allow those but I'm not going to be upset if the site allows them. I just figured I'd throw that out there because maybe other people are having that issue.

I think you can turn avatars and signatures off.......

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#22 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread but this is slighty off topic. My work computer has an enormous problem handling some of the animated gifs or videos in people's avatars and signatures. It would be easier for me if the site didn't allow those but I'm not going to be upset if the site allows them. I just figured I'd throw that out there because maybe other people are having that issue.

I wouldn't mind that so long as Insanity_Gallops is granted an exception.

I know that someone (SammyK?) said he turned off avatars because one of my rotating maple leafs wasn't just causing browser issues, but was distracting when trying to read messages. So I have avoided animated gifs for the most part since then...
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#23 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

I think you can turn avatars and signatures off.......

Well sure, but the same thing can be said about the ones getting too big. :D It isn't a big deal I was just mentioning it for myself and maybe others on slightly less capable machines.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#24 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

the buttmunch you just love to slap!!

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !) http://www.crasherline.net (here's why !!)
THREE TIME (2005, 2006, 2007) NJDevs.com winner of the Ian Moran/Alexander Mogilny Award for the funniest poster in the land (geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!!

Keeper of the Immortal CRASH Line (funny cause I hate Holik more then a man should be allowed!!)... the Mrs Fields Cappuccino machine (which I don't drink anymore, in a building I will NEVER set foot in again!) and also less THAN official keeper of the Naughty Little Devils thread (which I am no longer the top poster in!)

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....

WOW

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#25 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

Well sure, but the same thing can be said about the ones getting too big. :D It isn't a big deal I was just mentioning it for myself and maybe others on slightly less capable machines.

Hmmm, perhaps you are looking at this the wrong way......time for a new computer at work :boogie: :P

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#26 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Is mine ok?
Posted Image

#27 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

If you have to ask, it probably isn't.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#28 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

It isn't please tone it down. I don't want to read that every time you post.

#29 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

i think i was a guilty one with the animated pics... it looks like they have been removed

#30 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Ah, finally a ruling on this. I keep sigs turned off so it doesn't bother me but it was really needed.

So does this mean CRASHER will have to turn the novel in his sig into a short story? :evil:

I would hope that includes editing posts Sammy. As a stickler for hating it (editing) you did it yourself a few days back...

#31 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

GrCenter, I just commented in your icebreaker thread. Yes, we can't have the videos it is too much. Thanks for understanding.

#32 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

GrCenter, I just commented in your icebreaker thread. Yes, we can't have the videos it is too much. Thanks for understanding.

its totally cool.... you are the owner and the admin... i have to adhere to your rules.. i just dont want to mess up everyone elses viewing pleasure

i feel like Vince Vaughn in Swingers when he was like "yea thats right i'm the as...." haha

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

I didn't get a message, but if someone would like to tell me how to resize images I'll do it. I haven't worked with HTML since...middleschool. Man time flies

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

If you reject someone's sig can they take you to arbitration? :uni:

#35 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

If I make my resolution 128000 x 104000... do I still get to follow the 2-3 inch rule? :D hardy har har.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#36 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

I didn't get a message, but if someone would like to tell me how to resize images I'll do it. I haven't worked with HTML since...middleschool. Man time flies

Pretty sure (the sig I'm looking at right now for you) is fine, it's barely any bigger than the member infobar on the left.

but of course I'm not making the calls so take with a helping of salt

Edited by Ollie McKraut, 23 July 2010 - 10:49 PM.

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#37 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

If you reject someone's sig can they take you to arbitration? :uni:

This is forum.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#38 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

This is forum.

Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#39 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

This is forum.

:cheers:

#40 Easy Parise

Easy Parise

Albany Devil