GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Rangers - 12:30pm on NBC - Stadium Series Editio

Colin226

For everyone leaping off the ledge, keep in mind that despite all the pomp and circumstance its a regular season game. It sucks, but days like this happen. Don't slit your wrists.

TRUE. But keep in mind that because of all the pomp and circumstance it is the worst time to fall apart. This team just lost complete legitimacy with this game.

I got to see Alain Vigneault's pre-game speech and not Deboer's one. I can guess why. If I was in the media I would make sure THAT would guarantee the Devil's didn't see a game like this for a while.

Yeah everything added together. The refusal to give access and play ball leading up to

It, plus laying an egg on top of it all.

Hope Cory gets the start Tuesday against blues

He is. This game pretty much solidified Cory as the starter for 85-90% of the rest of the season.

TRUE. But keep in mind that because of all the pomp and circumstance it is the worst time to fall apart. This team just lost complete legitimacy with this game.

Meh, I think that's an over-statement. They played a bad game. It happens. I don't see how it soils the reputation of an organization that has an established track record of success because of one sh!tty afternoon in January.

He is. This game pretty much solidified Cory as the starter for 85-90% of the rest of the season.

Wait until Pete gets up there and says that Brodeur was the victim of bad luck and bounces and the defense didn't help him and it was one of those days...blah blah blah. 

I said earlier this season in a thread that Brodeur getting embarrassed in this game would spell the end for him, but he wasn't embarrassed as much as the score suggested and Pete's going to see it in that way, too.

Thing that sucks is that this team deserves more attention. They've won the cup the second most amount of times in the past 20 years and have arguably the best goalie of all time. But, Kovalchuk splitting, not having a first round pick in what looks like a top 10 spot this year, plus losing terribly in a big event will keep this club in the media basement and an embarrassing organization.

Meh, I think that's an over-statement. They played a bad game. It happens. I don't see how it soils the reputation of an organization that has an established track record of success because of one sh!tty afternoon in January.

I agree. I saw the interview with Lou during yesterday's televised practice. He seemed very happy to have the Devils participate.

Did you watch the coverage leading up to the game. The media and Bettman's NHL has a complete disregard for this team's reputation. Hockey fans in the know do know that the Devils are a world class organization, but the casual fan has no clue.

Thing that sucks is that this team deserves more attention. They've won the cup the second most amount of times in the past 20 years and have arguably the best goalie of all time. But, Kovalchuk splitting, not having a first round pick in what looks like a top 10 spot this year, plus losing terribly in a big event will keep this club in the media basement and an embarrassing organization.

An 'embarrassing organization'? Are you on paint thinner? My God, the overreaction is ridiculous...

An 'embarrassing organization'? Are you on paint thinner? My God, the overreaction is ridiculous...

Yep, they're a mess but in the big picture this game means nothing.   Unless every time in the league is going to press them as hard as humanly possible to draw them into 7-3 clusterfvcks

I'm not accusing the Devils of being embarrassing. However, the way that the Devils are portrayed and their success is ignored they are painted as the Mickey Mouse organization that Gretzky named them.

Another failure by the HC and Marty. Just terrible. You can't be a playoff team when you can't hold leads and don't play more than 25 to 30 minutes of quality hockey.

Hopefully we sell after the Olympic break. But we won't and we will realize its a mistake only afterwards.

First, I'm sure glad I didn't pay those ridicules prices to see this game. Also, funny how people want to scream about how bad we are...were you screaming when we were up 3-2? I put a significant portion of blame on the coaching staff. I love Marty, but to leave him in as long as we did, was bad coaching.

For those ripping Lou, let me remind you that this past off season, and probably last one too, Lou was hamstrung by the ownership situation. He was clearly limited in what he could commit to based on the fact the team was for sale. In hindsight, I'll bet the whole Kovalchuck situation was the result of the Devs finances. It's ridicules to start screaming about Lou.