Janne Ojanen

sundstrom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Morris

Sergei Starikov

I remember going to a game during his brief stint in '89-'90 when he came with Slava. He was friggin' beat ass red in the face huffing and puffing he was so out of shape.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Jon Morris

Sergei Starikov

I remember going to a game during his brief stint in '89-'90 when he came with Slava. He was friggin' beat ass red in the face huffing and puffing he was so out of shape.

Neil Brady

RE: Starikov, supposedly he was so happy to be coming to America he partied his ass off for several weeks before he arrived. And yeah, because of that he was horribly out of shape.

i don't remember the goals, but i remember him being on the team. i feel like he got replaced by steve guolla.

The following year? Guolla played the entire 2001-2002 season with Albany and played 12 games with the Devils in 2003. Gardiner only played 7 games with the Devils in 2001-2002 and the rest in Albany. I guess he was just a call-up when someone got hurt.

Deron Quint, I think he had a quicker appearance to dissapearance than Esa Tikkanen.

Vlastimil Kroupa's pretty random too but he was supposed to be a big deal at one point :lol:

Good ol #7...Vlastimil. The Devils coughed up a 3rd rounder for him, thinking they were getting a steal (he was a former 2nd-rounder of the Sharks, and Lou thought playing for the Devils could smooth out his rough edges). He played all of two games with the Devils...apparently Lemaire was so horrified by what he saw that he wanted nothing more to do with him. I know he made the AHL All-Star team after being demoted, but he never saw NHL action again.

I just saw that the guy's still playing BTW...for Litvinov CHP HC (Czech). He been playing in the Czech leagues for about 10 years. Former NHLers Robert Reichel and Jiri Slegr are two of his teammates.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I don't consider Conacher obscure at all. Heck, I think he was the first guy to play for the three area teams. He battled hard.

Meh. I guess my favorable opinion comes from when he was in the lineup, the team won...for some reason at it seemed he didn't really contribute much on the ice.