Letsgoavalanche.com

sammyk

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't SBT say that when he posts on the Avs board he would have Devils stuff in his signature/avatar etc because he wanted to share the love and whatnot, like he did here?

....I wonder if that's our SBT, too, because he sure posts in a different style.

Bah.

Didn't SBT say that when he posts on the Avs board he would have Devils stuff in his signature/avatar etc because he wanted to share the love and whatnot, like he did here?

....I wonder if that's our SBT, too, because he sure posts in a different style.

Bah.

Oh it's him...did you see the sig? Also, NJWildfan = Dr. Death.

Check out this thread:

http://www.letsgoavalanche.com/forums/inde...owtopic=220&hl=

Dr. Death sent me the link -- and the SBT belongs to no one

...except maybe Teemu and Pauly... I hear SBT's volunteered to be flower boy at the wedding :P HOS wants to be too though so I'm thinking they'll cancel each other out and Hinote will do the honors.

This was the best:

"To be honest, I've always been careful to not rub the Avalanche in their faces."

Careful not to rub the Avs in our faces? What about the massive Avs sigs and avatars? :angry:

On second read, it's not as bad as I thought - I was just more shocked than anything. Yeah, he always said he was an Avs fan first, but it just kinda pissed me off that he fed us the lines of "when I post on an Avs forum, don't you think I would do the same thing as here by having Devils-related avatar/sig....changes things up a bit!"

Well it explains why he took my advice when I told him to stop being dull & negative and get funny. And hopefully ^7^ and chort who fell right into his original trap will think twice before being quite so negative! :P

So if he HAD won most hilarious at least we could have back peddled and said because it was hilarious he was an Avs fan wasting all his time on a devils board. You know as far as I

what a retard.....

Seriously folks, and I'm only going to tell you guys this one time..

Some of you know I lurked here for about 2 years before ever being prompted to post, that I'm a Bruins fan first and foremost, and that I used this board and CrasherLine to follow Pando (who I've followed since his BU days) and eventually, in time, the Devils. My main reasons for not posting from the beginning were time (the old computer was a dialup) from reading through all the posts, and basically, not wanting to intrude. From reading what the members posted, though, what I found was a membership of the most level headed, cordial posters I had encountered.

What you may not remember is the thread that infuriated me enough to start posting. I'll never forget it. The thread was titled Boston Fans = Savages. Probably wasn't the best way to start my postings here, but even though my first post was defending all us "ma$$holes", you all still accepted me.

I always figured SBT was an Avs fan, and yet this board always treated him with respect and dignity, never discounting his opinions solely based on the fact he wasn't a Devs fan first. Most boards memberships will immediately trash a non fan's opinions, whether or not there is validity to them, solely because they root for the opposition. This is something I've never encountered here. This group consistently conducts itself with a class and dignity, and a respect for other's opinions, that boards like ESPN only drool about.

So, with that all being said, I, for one am glad I started posting here, and as for "the" SBT/HOS? Well, all in all, I guess it's his loss, isn't it?

I had a fun run on a Sens board during our playoff series with them... it was easier too cause it was a clean series and no real hate between us and them, but a good board does need a few outside the lines posters on it to keep ya honest, but hey no loss to me, right ?? :P

SBT always seemed to prefer style over substance. Sometimes he didn't say much but said it in a "fancy" way. Bah. Doesn't matter. In my opinion he didn't bring much here at all, just funny threads when he decided to show up. He could have said that he was an Avs fan ans just an Avs fan and we wouldn't care. We don't even hate the Avs that much. Look, one of our top posters is a Rangers fan, do we trash him? Or, at least, do we trash him often? He probably trashes the Rangers more than we do.

I think it's sad. I'm not angry or anything. I knew this guy was hiding something all along. Why so secretive? Secretive people have their reasons for being secretive.

And I do like how the other boards make fun of us for being homogenous. "Look, that board has friendly debate where users are intelligent and therefore reach the same intelligent opinions. They SUCK."

Just because we aren't trolls doesn't mean we're homogenous. We disagree a lot. But we keep it dignified, for the most part. Many boards don't. Don't make fun of the good parts of this board just because you don't have them at yours.