Andy Greene in "NHL Revealed" ?

msweet

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/nhl-revealed-a-season-like-no-other-to-offer-the-most-comprehensive-behind-the-s

NHL-Revealed-release-thumbnail.jpg

NEW YORK (Nov. 18, 2013) – National Hockey League fans will get an up-close, all-access look at many of their favorite stars with the upcoming “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” that will begin in mid-January on NBCSN (Jan. 22) and CBC (Jan. 23) and re-broadcast in Canada on Sportsnet (Jan.26). The joint announcement was made today by the NHL®, NHLPA, NBCSN and CBC.

NHL Revealed™ is a seven-part series that will tell the stories of more than two dozen of the League’s top stars – on and off the ice – as they participate in 2013-14 regular-season games, including the four 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ games and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™. Additionally, the cameras will follow the stars to Sochi and back in February.

The series is being produced by Toronto-based Bristow Global Media Inc. and its principal, Julie Bristow with Ross Greenburg as an executive producer on behalf of the NHL. Bristow is a former executive at CBC whose duties included overseeing production of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada and creating and producing other top CBC programming. Greenburg, the former HBO Sports President and winner of more than 50 Sports Emmys, served as executive producer of HBO’s initial “24/7: Road to the NHL Winter Classic.” Steve Mayer, the Senior Vice President and Executive Producer of IMG Productions, also is serving as an executive producer on the series. Mayer oversees IMG Productions’ entire New York-based production unit, which produces hundreds of hours of television each year.

I've always found it funny that, if I saw Andy Greene on the street and didn't follow hockey, I'd probably think he was just some regular Joe Schmo going about his business.  He just doesn't look like a professional athlete, with the slim physique and receding hairline.

Which isn't a bad thing by any means, just a funny observation.

No matter what, it is going to be an interesting series.  The HBO 24/7 programs on boxing and the Winter Classic are fantastic.  If this could be 1/2 as good, then it will be a winner for the NHL.

HBO is by far and away, the gold standard for TV. Everything they do is awesome.

• Like 1

Win/win for everyone involved. I'm sure it won't be as intrusive as HBO 24/7, its draw in the US will be mostly big-market NY metro area and LA, leads right into NBC's Olympics coverage, etc...

Good for hockey, good for the NHL, good for the Devils, if they do some coverage of Brodeur, Jagr, Henrique, and some of the Newfies on our team like I'm almost positive they'll do. We have a lot of players that fit the narrative (Canadians, who played outdoors as a kid). 

Edited by DJ Eco

HBO is by far and away, the gold standard for TV. Everything they do is awesome.

I agree across the board their series are great.

But there are some singular shows out there like breaking bad and homeland that I think are just as good.

And by the sound of the series it's going to be player(s) from every team in an outdoor game, so it would logically include us, or did I misread that?

I agree across the board their series are great.

But there are some singular shows out there like breaking bad and homeland that I think are just as good.

And by the sound of the series it's going to be player(s) from every team in an outdoor game, so it would logically include us, or did I misread that?

Homeland went from awesome to worst show on TV pretty fast though. I stopped watching after that awful Shyamalan-esque plot twist where Carrie is a double double agent. The show used to be so much grittier and realistic and now it wants me to believe that Carrie was in a mental ward mumbling about Saul being a jerk, all the while knowing that it was part of the plan? Insanity.

They should have just killed Brody after last season. I mean, what in the hell was that whole Caracas tenement slum where he's shooting up heroin now?

Never got into Breaking Bad though.

Edited by ATLL765

It wouldn't shock me if no Devils appear in this. Hopefully they feature at least one Devil, but I think assuming Greene is going to be in it based off of that picture isn't a very safe assumption. That's just from the media day for the Stadium Series, it has nothing to do with this "announcement."

It wouldn't shock me if no Devils appear in this. Hopefully they feature at least one Devil, but I think assuming Greene is going to be in it based off of that picture isn't a very safe assumption. That's just from the media day for the Stadium Series, it has nothing to do with this "announcement."

I like Greene and he's playing real good these days, but the article did say "stars of the NHL" so if they do something on one of the Devils it would probably be Marty, maybe Jagr or Elias

and why are there two maple leafs in that picture????

Edited by The 29th Pick

I'd be shocked if Andy Greene was profiled.

From that article:

Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Canucks; John Tavares of the Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Kings.

Just following star players seems dumb to me. Aside from Bryz, it's the guys like Talbot, Girardi, Hendricks, Simmonds etc who make shows like 24/7, not Lundqvist rocking out with John McEnroe 

Edited by DH26

From that article:

Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Canucks; John Tavares of the Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Kings.

doesnt sound like he fits in with the rest of the players mentioned there

From that article:

I'm sure this was some kind of press release that was prepared a month or more ago.. I don't think they knew what the Devils' situation would be like. Jagr wasn't even around for camp or preseason, Brodeur had a shaky start and was all but considered to probably be the number 2 this year. 

I'd be shocked if Brodeur and Jagr aren't featured on the show now. These two 41 year olds past their prime, who are carrying the team still, that's a pretty compelling story; they make movies about that kind of thing. Don't forget their sense of humor and international draw are no-brainers for a show like this.

Remember... the new ownership want to promote the team... on ice operation belong to lamoriello, but the promotion of the team is no more on him... I believe one of our player could be on the show.

And this ^^

Edited by DJ Eco