I just purchased nhl13

Sneax

They won sports game of the year I think 3 out of the last 5 years. once they introduced the skill stick controls they have basically been on top. NHL 12 was really the only once since 07 that took a step back

They won because the people giving those awards know zip about hockey. Its been a crap game for years...presentation to AI

Edited by devlman

And the things that stuck out to me the most.

5. Lunqvist is really easy to score on.

32 bit....64 bit.....10000 bit....they'll never have enough pixels to construct the actual size of Lundqvist's pads into a video game.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be so mad about the game if it hasn't been around for so long. The FIFA series has really good AI...and really good funding because so many people buy it. Instead of actually allowing the division of EA that makes NHL to spend the money they need to really produce a good game, EA will keep selling it as is. This is because the fewer people that do buy it keep buying it year in and year out with limited changes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out EA could make or has made a seriously upgraded game to what the consumer has; however, why implement 30 awesome changes to a game when people will buy it with just 2? Then you can keep milking the series for more money rather than making an end and be all so no one buys the new one the next year because you're out of ideas/changes/improvements. Basically my theory is they are holding out and just improving the game a little at a time even though they could just release a really good game. This keeps people buying it every year. 

But they know alot about video games and the capabilities available. Sounds like you want something that doesn't exist in this console generation.

No, because the things I feel are lacking with the NHL series arent from a video game production perspective, but from a hockey-based perspective. Commentary that hasnt been recycled every year since 2001, arenas that actually look realistic, uniforms that dont look like water-colored versions, winter classic (which they only JUST implemented), etc...Thats not console-based, those are just basic features as a hockey fan they have failed to produce for years. And thats just the presentation side.

Stereo you should send that off to EA, that has to be the worst and most unfair way of cheating the customer, instead of making the game harder they cheat against your skill, I like the game I never get enough time to play so I'm always on pro, but I have noticed that I can never seem to beat 4 in a row without it getting stupid. I thought they tried to make it realistic but this proves they are faking the outcome of games. Total BS still a fun time playing against someone else!

another thing that i noticed... sometimes i think im paranoid but since i mentioned it some of my friends said they saw it too.

obviously we all came across games were the game clearly decided you we're not winning that game lol. you could do all the cross ice one timer possible and crazy plays you wont be able to score and if you do well the AI will score on his next wrister from the blueline on an unscreened shot.

When that happen you can clearly see that the game won't let you do anything and one weird thing is that sometimes where the puck is, its like there's some kind of radius around the puck that your player can't go if he's going straight on the puck he'll be pushed around as if theres a big invisible bubble around it... its pissing me off.

or when you simply CAN'T score and you finally have a crazy obvious chance to score and the computer decide that you're not... like this... i had to film it.

th_IMG_0908_zpsbf734cff.jpg

Edited by Devs1965

or when you simply CAN'T score and you finally have a crazy obvious chance to score and the computer decide that you're not... like this... i had to film it.

We all know this has been a problem in the game for 12 years now but I have never seen something as atrocious as your goal-line force-field. Not looking forward to this years game.

So in my new GM mode [with Hjalmarsson] I lost Zidlicky for 3 months with a broken leg, Kovy [sprained ankle] & Carter [bruised back] in the same game, and Butler.

My lines look absolutely awful right now, & Zubrus is playing some of the worst hockey I've ever seen in a video game, lol.

another thing that i noticed... sometimes i think im paranoid but since i mentioned it some of my friends said they saw it too.

obviously we all came across games were the game clearly decided you we're not winning that game lol. you could do all the cross ice one timer possible and crazy plays you wont be able to score and if you do well the AI will score on his next wrister from the blueline on an unscreened shot.

When that happen you can clearly see that the game won't let you do anything and one weird thing is that sometimes where the puck is, its like there's some kind of radius around the puck that your player can't go if he's going straight on the puck he'll be pushed around as if theres a big invisible bubble around it... its pissing me off.

th_IMG_0908_zpsbf734cff.jpg

Holy sh!t....this just actually happened in the Devs-Caps game today. I guess it is possible.

• Like 2

I was literally coming on here to post the same thing. Legit laughed out loud when Wolski did that because all I could think about was that video.