NFL Week 10

CRASHER

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet McNabb didn't want to leave the immediate area, he probably has roots somewhere between Philly and DC. Probably a factor in signing the contract. That or he knows his best days are far behind him and it was a last ditch money grab.

But what a sh!tkicking Washington got last night. Welcome back to irrelevency, Redskins.

re:Arizona, that's going to be a sweet QB destination for anyone with half a level of competency that's a free agent. Two very good wide receivers, a third competent one, and a coach that's committed to balance in the attack to set up the play action pass. Willing to bet they back up the money truck for Vick if Philly doesn't make it happen (which I believe will be a mistake; that team and system needs an accurate passer). Either that or they give up a second rounder for Kolb, which wouldn't be a terrible move if they can get away with it. It's clear that Max Hall and Derek Anderson (ANDERSON!) are not the answers at QB. Basically, ARI either needs a durable running back and a quarterback on offense. Now their defense, on the other hand...

Well at least McNabb got to play the full game this week :doh1:

I'd still love to hear the logic and the discussion between extending the guy during a two-week period that you already pooped on his value anyway (unless this was supposed to be some way to make him feel better about the 2 minute drill incident), the whole damn thing was so BIZARRE :noclue:

Upon further review.... maybe the Redskins aren't THAT stupid after all....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

If they don't, then McNabb would stand to cash in. McNabb then would get to become an unrestricted free agent at a time when multiple teams will be looking to upgrade their quarterback, the position that commands the game's priciest salaries.

Upon further review.... maybe the Redskins aren't THAT stupid after all....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

If they don't, then McNabb would stand to cash in. McNabb then would get to become an unrestricted free agent at a time when multiple teams will be looking to upgrade their quarterback, the position that commands the game's priciest salaries.

I'm sorry, I have to dispute the bolded on the grounds that he's not head and shoulders above the pack based on his advanced age and advanced beating he's taken. Two teams come to mind for which this would be an upgrade, but not so much that he's gonna get a pricey free agent deal. In fact, depending on the draft I'm willing to bet McNabb has to settle for a contract to become a QB in this league.

McNabb is playing for his job for the last seven games, which is the only real good storyline going on in Redskin land. His most lucrative option is the guaranteed $37 million in Washington, and I don't think Shanahan likes Donovan enough to pay that out. Then again they did pay Haynesworth...

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

What happened to the '$40 million guaranteed' McNabb was supposed to be getting? :noclue:

And as for teams falling over themselves to get McNabb in the offseason, I think whoever Philly doesn't keep (Kolb or Vick) will be first on a lot of teams' wish lists - irony of ironies - before a declining mid 30's QB. Plus other teams that need a QB will draft one and then get a hold-the-fort vet to back up or stand in till they're ready.

Edited by NJDevs4978

"guaranteed" money in the NFL is one of the biggest jokes out there :P

I'd probably put McNabb in the top 3 on a list now of available possible FA/tradable QBs....

teams he'd be an upgrade to (least to me)

Tennessee (Collins is old and VY blowing off treatment and costing them the Miami game HAD to piss off Fisher)

Kansas City (I hate Cassel sue me :P )

Oakland (though I like Gradkowski)

49ers

Arizona

Seattle (he has more in the tank then Hasselbeck)

Minnesota

Carolina (but that's a better death sentence then Washington)

....you can add Miami to that if you want to... but I'm not giving up on Henne/Thigpen yet

....you COULD add the Jets to it too by the end of the year

....I'm so down on Palmer I might want to add Cinci to the list also

not the whole NFL beating down his door but enough to get a whiny brotha PAID eh???

Man does Phily look SMART ditching him and getting max VALUE for him.....

What happened to the '$40 million guaranteed' McNabb was supposed to be getting? :noclue:

And as for teams falling over themselves to get McNabb in the offseason, I think whoever Philly doesn't keep (Kolb or Vick) will be first on a lot of teams' wish lists - irony of ironies - before a declining mid 30's QB. Plus other teams that need a QB will draft one and then get a hold-the-fort vet to back up or stand in till they're ready.

McNabb has get his roster bonus of $10 million in April for that to kick in.

"guaranteed" money in the NFL is one of the biggest jokes out there

I'd probably put McNabb in the top 3 on a list now of available possible FA/tradable QBs....

teams he'd be an upgrade to (least to me)

Tennessee (Collins is old and VY blowing off treatment and costing them the Miami game HAD to piss off Fisher)

Kansas City (I hate Cassel sue me )

Oakland (though I like Gradkowski)

49ers

Arizona

Seattle (he has more in the tank then Hasselbeck)

Minnesota

Carolina (but that's a better death sentence then Washington)

....you can add Miami to that if you want to... but I'm not giving up on Henne/Thigpen yet

....you COULD add the Jets to it too by the end of the year

....I'm so down on Palmer I might want to add Cinci to the list also

not the whole NFL beating down his door but enough to get a whiny brotha PAID eh???

Man does Phily look SMART ditching him and getting max VALUE for him.....

You play to get the VALUE! Hellllloooooooo! :lol:

As much as I'd love to see the fail in New York, I think the Jets are sticking with Sanchez until his current contract ends. He's marketable to a heavily-hispanic market in NY/NJ, and he's still got upside until about year 3-4.

Miami will only fish for McNabb if they believe Henne is completely done. And even then it's probably draft first.

All the others I agree with. Most of the others I think a lot of them will have the reasons to keep their current. Carolina will welcome him with open arms, but he'd never sniff the playoffs again. Arizona is probably the best place for him, altough I'd laugh my fool head off if he replaces Campbell again in Oakland.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Carolina will welcome him with open arms, but he'd never sniff the playoffs again. Arizona is probably the best place for him, altough I'd laugh my fool head off if he replaces Campbell again in Oakland.

the NFL is weird like that... look at KC and Oakland this year (even Jacksonville)... you give me McNabb, Steve Smith and those two back for one year and you never know.....

I do agree in the perfect world he's a Cardinal... Oakland has massive comedy input :lol:

I know the Chiefs won't give up on Cassel... they just SHOULD!

071212_patriots_toons_1.300w.jpg

Funny stuff.. :giggle:

"..while nobody should remember the plot of the movie; Bring It On, Wikipedia reminds us all that it was Rancho Carne High School that had a cheerleading squad, which was accused of stealing the routines of the East Compton Clovers. So, Terrell Suggs is saying the Patriots stole other team's signals, much like Kirsten Dunst stole routines, as was discovered by the Boston Herald's Ian Rapoport. "It was bittersweet," Suggs said. "I was thinking Sunday night like, you know what.. if the Patriots were a movie, they would be Bring It On. They'd be like 'Yeah, they're a good team, but all their championships are fake." Now, the Patriots-Ravens rivalry has taken a new turn, this time invoking the spirit of early-2000s teen comedies."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/terrell-suggs-calls-patriots-championships-fake-in-comparing-team-to-movie-bring-it-on.html

Edited by Beezer34