NFL Week 7.....

CRASHER

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may be assuming a lot here, but looking at your schedule, even if Flacco is merely decent over the last 10 games, you should be able to win at least 6 of them (probably more). That'll get you to 10+ wins, and likely the playoffs.

Again, I am not worried about the playoffs, our defense can get us there by itself. To win the last two playoff games Flacco has to raise his level of play and just be better than Brady, Rodgers, or Rothelsberger or who ever we meet in the last two playoff games.

The Ravens really need Flacco to step up in the playoffs; he's been absolutely atrocious in 6 of his 7 career playoff games. You don't get by with that kind of sloppy QB play, good running game and defense or not, and that has reflected in what they've done in the playoffs the last 3 years (zilch).

And when I say "step up" for Flacco, I don't mean he needs to be a top-level QB like a Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc. I mean to just be the regular season Flacco of 2009 and 2010 -- the good-but-not-great QB -- and I think that would be good enough for them to have a legit shot at the Super Bowl.

But there's no question his brutal play in the postseason has held them back the last 3 years; maybe it's just bad luck, or poor preparation, or just really good teams shutting down a QB that isn't as good as his regular season numbers would say he is, or a combination of everything... but they definitely are going to need him to succeed. The level of performance he's shown in the playoffs and so far during this season won't work.

And yeah, trusting him more than Dilfer isn't really saying much. The current, ugly 2011 Flacco may be nearly as good as Dilfer was in 2000. :lol:

exactly my point.

Edited by MantaRay

Who the hell needs Flacco when you have JP Losman? :P

Hey bro, he's (at least) got something Henne don't.. a Championship.... kinda.

Champring.jpg

..no seriously though, solid signing for Miami. Losman's a better option than anyone/everyone you've got now.

It goes to show you that the Dolphins aren't trying to go 0-16

Hey bro, he's (at least) got something Henne don't.. a Championship.... kinda.

Champring.jpg

..no seriously though, solid signing for Miami. Losman's a better option than anyone/everyone you've got now.

Lmao, Ross would never admit it publically, but he's on board with Suck for Luck, its been reported in more than one place. Besides, this team doesn't need to tank, they flat out blow. I absolutely want Luck, its not even an issue. Lose 'em all if it means getting Luck. And I read earlier that Cowher and Gruden have very quietly let it be known they are interested in being the Fins coach next year once the job is open. Luck and either Cowher or Gruden? I'll go 0-16 this year for that.

Edited by MadDog2020

Lmao, Ross would never admit it publically, but he's on board with Suck for Luck, its been reported in more than one place. Besides, this team doesn't need to tank, they flat out blow. I absolutely want Luck, its not even an issue. Lose 'em all if it means getting Luck. And I read earlier that Cowher and Gruden have very quietly let it be known they are interested in being the Fins coach next year once the job is open. Luck and either Cowher or Gruden? I'll go 0-16 this year for that.

Cowher in Miam would be assume. Mario could be the QB coach and Shannon Sharpe the TE coach and James Brown the spokesperson.

Flacco is Rob Johnson 2.0.

That is all.

We will see.

I want to win a game. At least 1. A) we're still getting a top 3 pick. B) Landry Jones is no slouch. I'd be happy with him too.

I want to win a game. At least 1. A) we're still getting a top 3 pick. B) Landry Jones is no slouch. I'd be happy with him too.

Screw that. I want Luck. Period, end of story. I want the sure thing that will turn the franchise around. Landry Jones isn't turning the franchise around right away- both on and off the field- the way Luck would. 16 starting QB's in 11 years. Enough. Give me Luck or give me death.

Screw that. I want Luck. Period, end of story. I want the sure thing that will turn the franchise around. Landry Jones isn't turning the franchise around right away- both on and off the field- the way Luck would. 16 starting QB's in 11 years. Enough. Give me Luck or give me death.

I want Luck...don't get me wrong. Luck is a stud and would instantly change the QB position for us. BUT...if we don't end up with the 1st overall pick (which we might not with the way the Colts are sucking) then it's not all lost. I do want Luck though...very very badly. I just...well...it's hard to root for your team to lose. I end up hoping they pull it out in the end every time.

Even if the Phins don't get the 1st pick I could see them going all-out to trade for it... I'm not sure if that'll even happen -- I tend to think, even with Peyton returning, the Colts would be smart enough to still take Luck -- but you never know. Of the teams in the Luck sweepstakes, I think the team that would most realistically consider trading that pick would be the Rams. They have Bradford who has shown signs of being a good QB and has only looked awful this year thanks to a poor receiving group and horrible offensive line play. Fortunately for them, there's some good offensive linemen in the draft like Matt Kalil, David DeCastro, and Jonathan Martin (the latter 2, funny enough, are from Stanford like Luck). There's also some good receivers that could go within the 1st round or early 2nd like Justin Blackmon (the top guy, probably will go off the board within the first 15 picks), Alshaun Jeffrey, Michael Floyd, Nick Toon, etc., so trading down might be beneficial to them if they believe in Bradford.

I want Luck...don't get me wrong. Luck is a stud and would instantly change the QB position for us. BUT...if we don't end up with the 1st overall pick (which we might not with the way the Colts are sucking) then it's not all lost. I do want Luck though...very very badly. I just...well...it's hard to root for your team to lose. I end up hoping they pull it out in the end every time.

I think your overrating Luck. I was listening to Phil Simms over the weekend and he doesn't feel he is worth the hype. Compared him more to Tebow.

I think your overrating Luck. I was listening to Phil Simms over the weekend and he doesn't feel he is worth the hype. Compared him more to Tebow.

I'm no scout by any means but I've seen both play and I could certainly understand why they are regarded the way they are (that is, Luck as a potential top flight NFL QB and Tebow as a non-NFL QB). Phil Simms is high if he really believes the two are even the smallest bit comparable.

Edited by nmigliore

Tank baby. It is so worth it. I have followed the Panthers since 1996, and they have had maybe two and a half solid QB years. To finally have a QB changes the game. I have never enjoyed watching the Panthers more in my life. It is a breath of fresh air. Last year was hell every Sunday, but the end result is fantastic.

I was absolutely devastated when Andrew Luck decided to return to Stanford, but now I can't imagine wanting a QB more than Cam Newton. I will say this. The Dolphins have so many holes that I think Luck might have some tough years before things get straightened out there.

I'm no scout by any means but I've seen both play and I could certainly understand why they are regarded the way they are (that is, Luck as a potential top flight NFL QB and Tebow as a non-NFL QB). Phil Simms is high if he really believes the two are even the smallest bit comparable.

I have seen neither play in college, so I lack the background to make the assessment.

I think Simms stood out, to me, because every other analyst seem bent on just repeating the same gibberish about a highly touted player. It was the first time I had heard an analyst buck the trend. It was refreshing.

I would have thought the Dolphins would have built up their offensive line in recent years. But they don't look very good.

First...Phil Simms is an idiot. Luck is the highest rated prospect in forever. And comparing him to Tebow is well...just dumb.

However, and like I said before, I don't think Luck is the be all, end all of the QB prospects this year. He's the best, true..but it's not a total loss if the colts finish first and the phins second. Landry Jones may not be Luck...but he'll be the best QB the dolphins have seen since...well...you know who.

First...Phil Simms is an idiot. Luck is the highest rated prospect in forever. And comparing him to Tebow is well...just dumb.

However, and like I said before, I don't think Luck is the be all, end all of the QB prospects this year. He's the best, true..but it's not a total loss if the colts finish first and the phins second. Landry Jones may not be Luck...but he'll be the best QB the dolphins have seen since...well...you know who.

Considering the best guy since #13 was probably Chad Pennington....the bar is set looowwwwwww :lol:

If we're not talking Tom Brady, there's not a QB in the league who belongs in the same sentence as Jo-Mo thank you!

Tank baby. It is so worth it. I have followed the Panthers since 1996, and they have had maybe two and a half solid QB years. To finally have a QB changes the game. I have never enjoyed watching the Panthers more in my life. It is a breath of fresh air. Last year was hell every Sunday, but the end result is fantastic.

I was absolutely devastated when Andrew Luck decided to return to Stanford, but now I can't imagine wanting a QB more than Cam Newton. I will say this. The Dolphins have so many holes that I think Luck might have some tough years before things get straightened out there.

Absolutely. This is a rare opportunity to get a franchise changing talent- if he lives up to the hype, a generational talent. Teams never get a chance to draft a player like this. Peyton Manning was the last guy who was hyped this much. 0-16 is something I'll live with to get that type of player. As to the rest of the team- work to do in some areas, but there are some players. Pouncey is a solid center, and Long is a franchise LT. Bess, Daniel Thomas, Vontae Davis, Dansby, Wake, Marshall (if he isn't traded or cut)- the team isn't totally devoid of talent. There just isn't enough of it, especially at the most important position. They are also HORRIBLY coached. Add Luck, Cowher/Gruden, and fill in a few blanks, and we'll compete within 2 years.

Edited by MadDog2020