2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Per Hockey Tracker

ESPN reports the agent for Jaromir Jagr met with #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago presumably to discuss an extension

so i guess if this is legit, out of anyone i should be the one giving credits to Lou

hopefully this is true

I remember Jagr playing against us as a Flyer in the 2012 playoffs. He looked slower than he does now. Just dragging his ass all over the ice, losing the puck. No power in his strides. Maybe he was injured I don't know, but he looked close to done at that point. 

He has 99 points in his last 121 NHL games. Incredible for a man his age. Somehow he coaxed a career resurgence out of that 40+ year old body

Edited by '7'

When did ESPN report that?  I saw no such thing.  Since again this comes from a garbage Twitter account and not a verified account, I imagine this is false.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/29822/rumblings-callahan-staying-in-tampa-canucks-making-changes

Jagr, Devils to talk extensionThere was also activity on the Jaromir Jagr front. The future Hall of Famer is a pending UFA but has really enjoyed his time in New Jersey. 

A source told ESPN.com Tuesday that Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, met with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago and both sides expressed a desire to get Jagr extended. However, those talks would wait to get going for real until after the season. 

When did ESPN report that?  I saw no such thing.  Since again this comes from a garbage Twitter account and not a verified account, I imagine this is false.

Well if not true i'll just take back the credits i gave him and continue to think he's a stubborn mother F.

hopefully this is true

I remember Jagr playing against us as a Flyer in the 2012 playoffs. He looked slower than he does now. Just dragging his ass all over the ice, losing the puck. No power in his strides. Maybe he was injured I don't know, but he looked close to done at that point. 

He has 99 points in his last 121 NHL games. Incredible for a man his age. Somehow he coaxed a career resurgence out of that 40+ year old body

I know he has a history of hip and/or groin problems. Maybe he was in a bad way in 2012. I also remember him looking like he was done at the time.

With Josefson playing well the last couple of games and Zubrus struggling, I think we should bump JJ up to line three.  Assuming Gionta comes back and Clowe is out, I'd like to see:

15-19-68

14-26-9

12-16-17

20-11-8

Bernier hasnt done enough to warrant a spot

With Josefson playing well the last couple of games and Zubrus struggling, I think we should bump JJ up to line three.  Assuming Gionta comes back and Clowe is out, I'd like to see:

15-19-68

14-26-9

12-16-17

20-11-8

Bernier hasnt done enough to warrant a spot

Josefson needs to be extended, give him 8 years. He's the only one who can score in the shootout. Well him and Jagr.

Oh my god, please not 3 years.  2 years, that's a maybe, but one year would be best, but when I hear extension, I shudder at the thought of him breaking down over the course of year 2 or 3.  That isn't a slight against Jagr, the man has proved he deserves to be rewarded and wants to take this team somewhere that doesn't include missing the playoffs for a 3rd straight year.

I don't think Jagr wants more than one year. His last few have been one year deals, and I think he's just going year by year. I'd love to see him back.

In all seriousness, I definitely don't think Jagr wants to do anything but one year deals at this point. He seems like he doesn't want to be locked up anywhere; he wants to be able to run if need be.

In all seriousness, I definitely don't think Jagr wants to do anything but one year deals at this point. He seems like he doesn't want to be locked up anywhere; he wants to be able to run if need be.

100% agree. I can't find the interview but he has also said he wants the ability to get the most playing time he can and some freedom to move on as he doesn't have alot of quality time left in the NHL. He wants to be easy to move so he can play. He won't get that on a long term deal.

take jagr coming back here with a grain of salt... if he does i mean great i would obviously love to see him sign another one year deal with us, but he did state he doesnt want to waste his remaining time in the nhl as he doesnt have much left he wants to be somewhere he has a real chance at winning the cup... hes obviously got to know that isnt going to be here for a while anyway

take jagr coming back here with a grain of salt... if he does i mean great i would obviously love to see him sign another one year deal with us, but he did state he doesnt want to waste his remaining time in the nhl as he doesnt have much left he wants to be somewhere he has a real chance at winning the cup... hes obviously got to know that isnt going to be here for a while anyway

Why not here?

Why not here?

i stated in my previous post why it could possibly not be here.. He wants a real chance at winning another stanley cup, this team may miss playoffs again this year...they are no where near cup contenders and won't be next year either.

i stated in my previous post why it could possibly not be here.. He wants a real chance at winning another stanley cup, this team may miss playoffs again this year...they are no where near cup contenders and won't be next year either.

I wasn't stating, "Why no Jagr?" I was asking, "Why not a cup here?" Being a cup contender and winning the cup are two very different things.  My evidence, 2012 Playoffs.  Not one critic or any one of us would have predicted it would have been a Kings v. Devils SCF.   There could be big changes coming during this offseason.  You have no evidence to back up that we won't be more of a contender next year. That being said, I don't have any either other than an expectation of changes.

If you said was true, he would have been traded at the deadline. At this point he wants stability.

Then why would he keep signing one-year deals and pretty much state that he wants to go where he can win because he doesn't have much time left?

Lots of wishy washy hypotheticals there, but that section about Marty coming back is pretty telling, imo.

If Lou makes the mistake of bringing Marty back, you can probably say goodbye to any extension Cory might have otherwise signed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If he wanted to stay here, then he wants stability. IInstead of having two different teams a year anymore. He seems to want that, other wise he would have asked for a trade. But he didn't. So no.

The idea that him wanting to stay here this season means he wants to be on one team long-term is laughable. He's in his 40's. He is going to go where he thinks he can win.