GDT- the devils vs the sabres-7 pm eastern

JRZYRIPPER

Why do you guys even bother parsing the NHL front page? That ain't the first place I'm looking for Devils news before the Devils' own site, TG's Fire and Ice blog or message boards like this. Honestly I think some of you aren't happy unless you have something to complain about :P

its just that no wonder Kovalchuk is getting so much hate... he's on the main page when he's scoring in his own net, he's on the main page when he's losing the puck on a penalty shot but then he's having a hat trick and 4 pts night and its nowhere to be found

its just that no wonder Kovalchuk is getting so much hate... he's on the main page when he's scoring in his own net, he's on the main page when he's losing the puck on a penalty shot but then he's having a hat trick and 4 pts night and its nowhere to be found

Hat trick? Is he a magician or something? Psst Pssst Pssst.

New York is a major market team and a the city is a huge media market. Of course it's going to be the front page news. Plus, the NHL is so out of touch with their fans, they only think NYR, PITT, CHI, and PHI have fans. Why else would they have like six headlines covering whether or not Sid the Kid took ibuprofen or whatever.

The NHL and the moneyed interests shape the season narrative, not teams or fans.

That's not quite it. Ignored isn't the problem. But not having anything on Koby's trick. I remember the other night when the Devs beat the Rangers thanks to Clarky's tying goal, the words "bad bounce" were boldened and led to a review talking about how the Rangers bad luck ruined their win.

That's not quite it. Ignored isn't the problem. But not having anything on Koby's trick. I remember the other night when the Devs beat the Rangers thanks to Clarky's tying goal, the words "bad bounce" were boldened and led to a review talking about how the Rangers bad luck ruined their win.

That's my point. The Rags are a cash cow so the NHL shapes their season narrative much like Crosby and the Pens.

That's my point. The Rags are a cash cow so the NHL shapes their season narrative much like Crosby and the Pens.

That's taking it too far imo...there just isn't enough regulation on that site. I think whoever is in charge of that review and editing the site can post whatever they want, unedited.

when they beat the flyers 6-whatever the nhl headline was "hung-on"

i was worried about this one and still for friday, hiller will get up for it and they play pens tomorrow and pens play flyers sat.

flyers vs sabres thurs...why do their schedules look so much easier

Um does anybody realize the Devils are 1 point out of 4th?

Yep, and that should really be the focus at this point. The Devils are 11 points out of first in the Atlantic, and the Rangers have a game-in-hand. It's going to be near impossible to catch them, especially with Lundqvist playing so well. But yes, the Devils are in thick of it, in terms of 4th and possible home ice in the first round. It wasn't so long ago that the Bruins looked so unbeatable, but the Devils are now within two points of them...yes, Boston has two games in hand, but just the fact alone that the Devils are that close to them is a feat in itself.

Pretty amazing for a team that was just 12-12-1 after its first 25 GP, and had just 6 regulation wins in that stretch. They've since gone 20-8-3, with 14 of those wins coming in regulation.

Just out of curiosity, what could you possibly say that could piss off Ranger fans? Considering the way the Rangers have played and where they are in the standings, as a Devil fan I'd think it would be wiser to lay low.

Found this exchange between Chico and Cangialosi puzzling last night...

CHICO (CHEWING): "Damn, this cheese is great. It's creamy and delicate and has a vibrant flavor to it. It's rich, it's velvety and really pops in your mouth! You want some of this good stuff, Steve?"

STEVE: "No. Knock it off with the cheese already, will ya?"

CHICO (EXCITED): "I'm sorry, man! I just can't say enough good things about this cheese! I love this cheese! Love it, love it, love it!"

A couple things from last night.

Wow, Foster is so awful. He lost his stick twice and his turnovers led to glorious scoring chances by Buffalo.

Fayne and Tao are really impressive.

Kovy is on fire and we are rolling 3 impressive lines. Fourth is still a toss-up.

Anyone catch Chico's mic still on during DeBoer's post-game press conference in which I heard something along the lines of ..

Chico- "hey, if you wanna go that way, won't hurt my feelings. Go ahead and go."

Who was he talking to??? hahahaha

Edited by Aznjsn

Found this exchange between Chico and Cangialosi puzzling last night...

CHICO (CHEWING): "Damn, this cheese is great. It's creamy and delicate and has a vibrant flavor to it. It's rich, it's velvety and really pops in your mouth! You want some of this good stuff, Steve?"

STEVE: "No. Knock it off with the cheese already, will ya?"

CHICO (EXCITED): "I'm sorry, man! I just can't say enough good things about this cheese! I love this cheese! Love it, love it, love it!"

STEVE: You pooped in the refrigerator ...

CHICO: Yep.

STEVE: ... and ate a whole wheel of cheese?

CHICO: You betcha.

STEVE: How'd you do that?

CHICO: Ooooooh boy! Is that a hot dog on the floor?!

STEVE: Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing!

CHICO: (talking with mouth full) Floor hot dogs are the best hot dogs.

STEVE: I love you.

CHICO: (farts)