Devils trade for Matt D'Agostini (STL)

Marshall

I'm not a fan of D'Agostini's but this is a guy who's basically another Bobby Butler, albeit more expensive.  I also don't like that Pesonen was the guy sent down instead of clown-shoes Sestito.  Also to qualify D'Agostini the Devils would have to send him a QO of almost $2M, which seems incomprehensible.

Lou stikes again

I think who is trying to see how many contracts he needs to hand out this off season. 

We have 11 RFA/UFA on the NHL roster right now.

Then there is Joferson / Teds / Kinkaid / frazee plus more in the minors. Bust off season for lou

Edited by socbrian

And the year after he left he put in 21 goals. But you're so terribly quick on making up your mind on how good a young, developing player is that you'll ignore that nugget of truth.

Not having time to look it up, I wonder if someone on the Blues got hurt that year, then D'Agostini got some time on a line that he ordinarily wouldn't have.  His numbers that season were almost a quantum leap over the rest of his career.  SOG per game were up a little that season, but not that much. 

I'm not a fan of D'Agostini's but this is a guy who's basically another Bobby Butler, albeit more expensive.  I also don't like that Pesonen was the guy sent down instead of clown-shoes Sestito.  Also to qualify D'Agostini the Devils would have to send him a QO of almost $2M, which seems incomprehensible.

clown shoes plays center and josefson is hurt. i think that's all you need to know there. they don't want elias/zajac/loktionov/henrique out of the top 6.

I've been told I'm very personable as well.  Hopefully we'll be getting Ted Ginn's family as a throw in.

haha! bitter dolphins fan strikes again.

He's faster and has proven to be more productive than Butler

clown shoes plays center and josefson is hurt. i think that's all you need to know there. they don't want elias/zajac/loktionov/henrique out of the top 6.

sure, but you can play a third line of carter-henrique-d'agostini that's capable of playing 11-12 minutes at ES without falling all over itself.  i guess i'm presuming that ponikarovsky would be back for this to happen.

Poni might be injured for a while.

He skated today.  Unless it's some kind of condition that won't fix itself, could get worse, and if it does get worse, would require surgery, this seems unlikely.  The Devils also have not IR'd him, choosing instead to send down Pesonen.

sure, but you can play a third line of carter-henrique-d'agostini that's capable of playing 11-12 minutes at ES without falling all over itself.  i guess i'm presuming that ponikarovsky would be back for this to happen.

fair enough - but again, i think that CBGB has shown them enough that they want to keep them together and until ponikarovsky is back for sure, henrique has to stay in the top 6.

as was stated earlier, i think current thinking when all healthy:

ponikarovsky-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-clarkson

zubrus-henrique-d'agostini

carter-josefson-bernier (getting josefson over gionta is going to be a major hurdle for PDB and Lou to climb mentally)

tallinder-greene

salvador-zidlicky

volchenkov-fayne (i don't know what doghouse fayne is in, but he's gotta get out of it and larsson should sit for a while)

larsson/harrold

Edited by sundstrom

fair enough - but again, i think that CBGB has shown them enough that they want to keep them together and until ponikarovsky is back for sure, henrique has to stay in the top 6.

as was stated earlier, i think current thinking when all healthy:

ponikarovsky-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-clarkson

zubrus-henrique-d'agostini

carter-josefson-bernier (getting josefson over gionta is going to be a major hurdle for PDB and Lou to climb mentally)

greene-tallinder

salvador-zidlicky

volchenkov-fayne (i don't know what doghouse fayne is in, but he's gotta get out of it and larsson should sit for a while)

larsson/harrold

That Carter Josefson Benrier line was really solid late last year before JoJo got breathed on and got hurt. I would like to see that line as well.

Not having time to look it up, I wonder if someone on the Blues got hurt that year, then D'Agostini got some time on a line that he ordinarily wouldn't have.  His numbers that season were almost a quantum leap over the rest of his career.  SOG per game were up a little that season, but not that much. 

Oshie, McDonald and Perron missed a lot of time that year and before they traded for Stewart & Shattenkirk you have to assume D'Agostini got a lot of ice time. He was pretty steady around 16 minutes per game and got PP time.

I can't see them getting over the Gionta hump - healthy, he's in the lineup.  

Henrique as a 3rd liner?    Right now he's the team's primary scorer.    This is a deck-chair move and nothing more.

Yeah I'm sure that 25% shooting percentage is bound to stay where it is.  It's not deck chair re-arranging if you don't give up anything.  

I can't see them getting over the Gionta hump - healthy, he's in the lineup.  

Yeah I'm sure that 25% shooting percentage is bound to stay where it is.  It's not deck chair re-arranging if you don't give up anything.  

The majority of them are garbage goals and shooting percentage doesn't count outright misses, which he's had a bunch of this season.   His actual % is lower considering he doesn't take many shots

Edited by maxpower

Looking at his stats, I'm pretty encouraged. He has had abysmal luck the last few years and is averaging less than 12 minutes a game on an offensively challenged Blues team. If anything, it gives us another right handed shooter and added depth. He probably won't score 20 again, but if he puts up 12-15 goals and 30ish points, that's a solid player

Edited by SMantzas