84 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Holy crap, the Pats actually have a chance at a 3-and-out. And they finish it off! Miraculous...

And a punt return for a TD to boot! The D is just waiting to louse this up...if football was Fargo, the Pats' D is Jerry Lundergaard.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2012 - 05:12 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Perfect case in point. What the hell was Luck thinking on that one? Why try to force something against NE's D? Sometimes you just gotta eat the ball...you'll get oppotunities against NE's D. But just like Fitzpatrick last week, sometimes QBs still try to make something happen against NE when they don't need to.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,859 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

They only thing the defense kind of does well is that they're opportunistic, but this year it's been much more about teams making mistakes (see Fitzpatrick last week) then the Patriots really forcing those mistakes.

I read this like minutes before Luck threw up that lollipop to Talib and couldn't help but laugh at how accurate that was, in an odd way.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I read this like minutes before Luck threw up that lollipop to Talib and couldn't help but laugh at how accurate that was, in an odd way.

I'm sure Luck was told on the sideline, "Don't beat yourself against these guys, no reason to." Notice how they are moving the ball with relative ease again.

McCourty actually made a decent play just then.

#30 FOREVER!

#25 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm sure Luck was told on the sideline, "Don't beat yourself against these guys, no reason to." Notice how they are moving the ball with relative ease again.

Colts are making a lot of dumb mistakes. Lots of dropped balls, poor tacking and stupid decisions

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Colts are making a lot of dumb mistakes. Lots of dropped balls, poor tacking and stupid decisions

Luck hasn't been great so far, all things considered...the pick was an absolute gift.

#30 FOREVER!

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

90 yards...Colts will come out of this with at least 3 points...

nice play by Dennard there...

not a great job by the Colts here...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Now if the Clown's D can make a stop here, Pats should survive this one.

Luck made some rookie mistakes in this one...amazing how teams beat themselves against the Pats...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

And Luck gets Pick-6ed again...man, he's going to be good, but did he ever look like a rookie in this one...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Henne throws 4 TD's and Matty Ice throws 5 picks. Weird week.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

And yet another QB will throw for over 300 against NE. It's garbage time now, but so many QBs have beaten NE deep...

#30 FOREVER!

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Henne throws 4 TD's and Matty Ice throws 5 picks. Weird week.

Not to mention Arizona was +5 in turnovers and LOST! How the fvck does THAT happen?!

#30 FOREVER!

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Pats going into full bully mode...they could face the Colts again in the playoffs, so might as well...

#30 FOREVER!

#34 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Not to mention Arizona was +5 in turnovers and LOST! How the fvck does THAT happen?!

. That's unreal. That's something I'd expect out of the Dolphins lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,859 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

And not for nothing, but Jeff Fisher going for two down fourteen points in the fourth quarter is one of the dumbest two point-decisions I've ever seen. Especially given he's been coaching for twenty years and should know better.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#36 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

It's amazing how teams never take shots at the Pats when they run it up like that. I know it's the nfl, but show some class

And not for nothing, but Jeff Fisher going for two down fourteen points in the fourth quarter is one of the dumbest two point-decisions I've ever seen. Especially given he's been coaching for twenty years and should know better.

Especially since I have Legatron for fantasy

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

How about those 8-2 Ravens. Beating Pitt in their own indomitable Terror dome with third and forth stringers on D.

We need home field advantage in the playoffs as our offense usually doesn't make the trip for away games.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

How about those 8-2 Ravens. Beating Pitt in their own indomitable Terror dome with third and forth stringers on D.

We need home field advantage in the playoffs as our offense usually doesn't make the trip for away games.

Oh please...you think maybe Byron Leftwich playing instead of Big Ben might have helped your cause out just a little bit? Leftwich is not good...it was even pointed out during the broadcast that he was missing guys NFL QBs shouldn't be missing.

Good news for your team is that you do indeed have a good shot at getting a first-round bye and home field for at least one game. Your schedule isn't easy, but I can't see how Pittsburgh can beat the Ravens in their building with Leftwich as their QB, so there's one win. Your team has to face both Mannings in the coming weeks, as well as RGIII...and San Diego in their building, though I think the Ravens win that one too...Rivers isn't what he was. Ravens should be able to go 3-3 in those games (at least...4-2 wouldn't surprise me either), which puts them at 11-5 or 12-4. Holding the tie-breaker over NE is huge (if the Ravens go 12-4, NE has to win out their season to be seeded higher...I don't think they'll do that), and the Ravens really need to beat Denver to snag that tie-breaker as well. Denver is not only a bit scary right now, but their schedule is about as easy as it gets going down the stretch...KC twice, OAK once, and CLE once...only tougher games they have is Tampa and the Ravens. It wouldn't surprise me that much if THEY ran the table to finish 13-3.

Anyway, looks like those top four seeds are all up in the air, as far as seeding goes, even though it looks like the teams that will get those seeds have pretty much been decided. Pittsburgh is going to have a tough go of it with Leftwich, so Baltimore should take their division without too much trouble. No way Houston blows their division. The rest of the AFC West stinks behind Denver, and there's no team in the East that will be able to challenge the Pats.

As far as the Pats go, I think they get the #3 or #4. They can't afford any more hiccups along the way to get the #1 and #2, and need some help as well. They have a huge game coming up against the Texans they can't possibly afford to lose if they are thinking higher than #3.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 19 November 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,859 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

It's amazing how teams never take shots at the Pats when they run it up like that. I know it's the nfl, but show some class

Yeah well the Pats may have finally taken it up the a** for rolling it up now that Gronk's out for a month and a half getting hurt while in a game up four TD's. That's just as stupid as Fat Andy getting McCoy hurt DOWN four TD's late. And whatever shot I had to win NJDevs' fantasy league evaporated with those two injuries :P

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Yeah well the Pats may have finally taken it up the a** for rolling it up now that Gronk's out for a month and a half getting hurt while in a game up four TD's. That's just as stupid as Fat Andy getting McCoy hurt DOWN four TD's late. And whatever shot I had to win NJDevs' fantasy league evaporated with those two injuries :P

That's the reaction most people are going to have, and I understand it. When you pile on and something like this happens, makes sense that people are going to pile on the pile-oner, especially someone who is not terribly likable, like Belichick. I did think "Why is Brady out there?" when it was 52-24, and if it was me, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to score again...I would've run it four times with Mallett under center (gone for it on 4th down even if it was 4th-and-long, just to turn it over) and called it a day.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users