2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

With a regulation win tomorrow the Devils will pass Washington and tie Detroit and Columbus. No sure how tiebreakers would work with Detroit and Columbus

Detroit and Columbus would still be ahead of us due to fewer games played. Ignoring that, the Devils would be above Detroit because of ROW. We'd be tied with Columbus in ROW, but they'd be ahead of us due to points earned in head-to-head games. Not worth really fretting over tiebreakers with so many games to play.

Detroit and Columbus would still be ahead of us due to fewer games played. Ignoring that, the Devils would be above Detroit because of ROW. We'd be tied with Columbus in ROW, but they'd be ahead of us due to points earned in head-to-head games. Not worth really fretting over tiebreakers with so many games to play.

Exactly.  Tie breakers don't come into play until we get to like 5 games remaining into the season.  Same thing goes for games in hand.

Exactly.  Tie breakers don't come into play until we get to like 5 games remaining into the season.  Same thing goes for games in hand.

Realistically we don't have to worry about losing a tiebreaker to Detroit, Washington, or Ottawa unless the Devils start miraculously winning shootout games. With everyone else, it's too close to waste time speculating this far out.

Our odds improve if at least one of Tampa, NY, or Philly collapses. That would put both wildcard spots and/or 3rd place in the division in contention. Tampa could easily fall out of contention by the end of the month (if the Devils beat them and they lose to non-bubble teams like Boston, Phoenix, Florida, Vancouver, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc.).

I think that's a little overly-optimistic. Crosby, Malkin and Neal don't just disappear.

We can shut down that offense.  We've proven that time and time again.  Our system just gives the Penguins fits, and their defense can't handle it.  They don't have a gritty defense, and if we play physical, it tends to cause them a lot of problems.

Realistically we don't have to worry about losing a tiebreaker to Detroit, Washington, or Ottawa unless the Devils start miraculously winning shootout games. With everyone else, it's too close to waste time speculating this far out.

Our odds improve if at least one of Tampa, NY, or Philly collapses. That would put both wildcard spots and/or 3rd place in the division in contention. Tampa could easily fall out of contention by the end of the month (if the Devils beat them and they lose to non-bubble teams like Boston, Phoenix, Florida, Vancouver, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc.).

I can definitely see Tampa and Philly collapse.  I don't see the Rags collapsing though.  Tampa without St. Louis imo is gonna end up sinking them.  Stamkos coming back is great, but St. Louis truly was the heart of that team.  They've been very inconsistent in 2014.  Philly has the potential for a collapse simply because of their brutal schedule.

I have this feeling this team is done playing down to weaker opponents.  We have no choice actually.  I see a different swagger with this team since coming back from the break.  Hopefully it continues.