I am your new Apprentice

KovalClutch

Sup guys,

Let me start off by saying I am here to learn.

I am 21 years old and am a semi-new hockey fan. In my first 17 years before college I did not watch any NHL as I am more of a baseball fan. (New York Mets)

So my hockey story:

It starts with the fact that since going to college I have had to watch my fair share of hockey. I go to school at SUNY Brockport, which resides near Buffalo... Obviously everyone is a huge Sabres fan up there including 4 of my best friends. At first, their fanhood only made my lack of interest in hockey greater as they annoyed me. But as time went on, I grew to try and enjoy the games on the tv.

Why the Devils?

Well, it's pretty simple. I became a NJ Devils fan just a season ago, well playoff ago. And I chose the Devils because of my hatred for fairweather fans. I live about 45 minutes outside NYC, and when playoffs came somehow everyone I knew in the area took an interest in hockey and became the super Rangers fan. So I thought to myself how do i piss them off? Well why not root for the Devils..

A perfect time to root for them if I must say.. Game 6 and 7 against the Panthers in my college fraternity house all drunk was probably my first real memorable moment as a Devils fan.. Followed up by Henrique's goal in Game 6 against the Rangers was the icing on the cake.

How did I end up here?

I forum alot with the Mets, and figured this will only enhance my knowledge of the organization and fans more rapidly. Take it easy on me for awhile as I am a bit behind on stats, players, etc.

... Now.. a lockout shortened season later. a kovalchuck retirement later (leaving my username now useless and in bad memory) ... HERE I AM

I am here to learn guys. It's time to embrace the National Hockey League and the best team in it the New Jersey Devils in my life.

- KovalClutch

Well, it's pretty simple. I became a NJ Devils fan just a season ago, well playoff ago. And I chose the Devils because of my hatred for fairweather fans. I live about 45 minutes outside NYC, and when playoffs came somehow everyone I knew in the area took an interest in hockey and became the super Rangers fan. So I thought to myself how do i piss them off? Well why not root for the Devils..

A perfect time to root for them if I must say.. Game 6 and 7 against the Panthers in my college fraternity house all drunk was probably my first real memorable moment as a Devils fan.. Followed up by Henrique's goal in Game 6 against the Rangers was the icing on the cake.

Same for me, only I started in '94. That sucked more.