USA Soccer

Devils Pride 26

I'm willing to give Bradley another go-around.

Yeah, we lost to Ghana, but they at least made it out of the group stages, we're becoming more consistent, just need to start asserting a semblance of power by winning more of those big games

Making it out of the group stage SHOULD BE A GIVEN barring something really unforeseen. This squad needs to get to a semi

• 2 weeks later...

Making it out of the group stage SHOULD BE A GIVEN barring something really unforeseen. This squad needs to get to a semi

Really??

Until the US gets some genuine power up front I don't see it.

Don’t get me wrong everything is moving in the right direction, the emergence of more us players in the top European teams is an indication of that.

But I still think that making it out of the groups stages for the us, while achievable is far from a given.

did landon donovan ever decide to go to manchester city. i read over the summer they had interest in him

I dont think city were ever that interested they had bigger targets

I think Landon's days of wandering are over .. he knows he's the top dog on la.. he has one more wc in him I think.

I'm almost certain when the MLS season finnishes Everton will put in another loan bid.

He was instantly a fan favourite up there, and he said he enjoyed playing in the PL and he made an impact.

I'm almost certain when the MLS season finnishes Everton will put in another loan bid.

He was instantly a fan favourite up there, and he said he enjoyed playing in the PL and he made an impact.

I know but I think he is tired after a full year of soccer and watching him last night, he looked very exhausted and grumpy.

• 3 weeks later...

I know but I think he is tired after a full year of soccer and watching him last night, he looked very exhausted and grumpy.

Everton are ready to bring in Landon Donovan on another loan deal in January.

The USA captain impressed during his stint last season and manager David Moyes is keen to bolster his midfield options.

Tim Cahill may potentially miss most of January on Asia Cup duty with Australia and doubts remaining over Steven Pienaar's future.

Donovan admits it would be difficult to pass up the opportunity of a return the Goodison.

'It would be hard to say no,' he told BBC Radio Merseyside.

Link

He does mention the fact that he needs to make sure he gets the appropriate rest though.

without question, the best soccer 'player made in the USA' -

Without question.

He is a fantastic player, i would gladly have him in the Chelsea squad.

He suits the English games as well because he's not affraid to get stuck in and make a tackle and will track back as well.

He will have to be rested if he wants to stay healthy, the world cup is evidence that no football league in the world takes more out of you physically thant the Premier League.

I hink the WC (and other competitions) are taking a toll on players .. the europa, champions, copa sudamericana, libertadores, international friendlies and such really exhaust the soccer player and it shows on the field.

International frendlies are my pet hate!!!!!

Careers have been ruined and seasons won and lost due to international friendlies, i hate them.

IMO the Premier Leauge doubles the toll it takes on players because its non stop and so fast paced as well as being physical. The fact that the majorty of players who played in the world cup who's club side was in the PL underperformed (which didn't do England a lot of good) speaks volumes.

I mean off the top of my head the players who were too broken down to make the trip after the PL season concluded:

Essien (althought that was long term)

Mikel

Ballack

Zamora

Rio Ferdinand

Nani

Bosingwa

Then players who got there but pretty much picked up knocks or were well below form:

Drogba

Altidore (althought he recovered for the first game)

Barry

Rooney

Gerrard in fact anyone in an england shirt

Torres

Anelka

Van Persie

Santa Cruz

Vidic

I could go on lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

No team should lose after being up 2 - 0 in a soccer game .. all merit to the mexican team who have a crapload of good players, have turned around their minor leagues, and have now successfully overtaken the US as the beast of concacaf --- mr bradley .. please leave, quit, resign. your brand of soccer is a revulsion .. and it has trickled down to the makeup of the squad.

soapbox.gif