Because it's the cup

Blown01NJ

OMG......just saw one: puke.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg6y-YhSvvQ

I don't even know what the worst part about this campaign is...maybe the pedo voice?

"only one thing left to conquer, the cup" :huh: ummmmmm what has he conquered already? Nothing! Tired of this Queen being called "The King." We all know who the true and ONLY king is, MARTY!

Calder= 0

Vezina= 0

Cups= 0

Edited by Demonic26
  • Like 3

It is a big miss. The slogan "Because It's the Cup" is perfect but the execution of all the ads are absolutely awful. The voiceover. The script. The images. Just pretty crappy all around.

They could have come up with something a lot cooler that showed the incredible sacrifice players go through from the 82 regular season games to the grueling playoffs trying to get 16W. I'm thinking of shots like the one of Darryl Sydor in 2000. Remember that? He can't skate or get up. He's in so much pain, but he's dragging himself in front to try and block a shot. It was incredible.

"Why do they do this? Why do they put themselves through the unbearable pain. Because it's the Cup."

Or let the images do the talking and just have cool music with Sydor crawling to the net with Thorne's voice over the music...and the tagline..."Because It's the Cup."

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1

I don't get the hate. Sure its not great but its not annoying like most of the damned ads we have seen through out this Devils season. Besides why do we need to be sold on watching playoff hockey. If it works on not us then it's successful

Yeah, I wouldn't say I hate it... it's just not up to the level we're used to, I guess... I do like the music in the background and I think that maybe it can have potential, as far as the slogan is a good one... maybe some new ones they come out with will be better. But up to this point I feel they're not utilizing it to it's full potential

because he's famous in the world's most famous arener

Yeah a place called "Madison Square Garden" that isn't in Madison Square, doesn't have many "Garden" qualities about it, and is Cylindrical, not square. Yeah, that place is one big misconception. Now they're "updating" it, as far as I'm concerned it's just putting lipstick on a pig :evil:

It is a big miss. The slogan "Because It's the Cup" is perfect but the execution of all the ads are absolutely awful. The voiceover. The script. The images. Just pretty crappy all around.

They could have come up with something a lot cooler that showed the incredible sacrifice players go through from the 82 regular season games to the grueling playoffs trying to get 16W. I'm thinking of shots like the one of Darryl Sydor in 2000. Remember that? He can't skate or get up. He's in so much pain, but he's dragging himself in front to try and block a shot. It was incredible.

"Why do they do this? Why do they put themselves through the unbearable pain. Because it's the Cup."

Or let the images do the talking and just have cool music with Sydor crawling to the net with Thorne's voice over the music...and the tagline..."Because It's the Cup."

That image of Sydor crawling to block a shot is the the enduring image of what the Stanley Cup Playoffs are all about. I was in awe of him for that, even though he was on an opposing team. How could you not be? But I agree that this new ad campaign sucks, especially compared to past years.