Eklund Free Agent Scorecard

CMONPETEYD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

I think he gets full credit for Redden, or at least 14/15th credit (so like .933). Not fair to give him half credit for that call because he could never have gotten full credit for listing 2 teams.

Edited by squishyx

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

I think he gets full credit for Redden, or at least 14/15th credit (so like .933). Not fair to give him half credit for that call because he could never have gotten full credit for listing 2 teams.

I agree.

I think if he picks, say 2 or 3 teams, and the player goes to one, then it is a "pick."

On the otehr hand he gets an extra guess for each team he picks...

So I would view :

Redden to NYR or NJD as really:

Redden to NYR

Redden to NJD

which means he is 1 for 2

that's the most fair... he hedges his bet he can at most get 50% right

I agree.

I think if he picks, say 2 or 3 teams, and the player goes to one, then it is a "pick."

On the otehr hand he gets an extra guess for each team he picks...

So I would view :

Redden to NYR or NJD as really:

Redden to NYR

Redden to NJD

which means he is 1 for 2

that's the most fair... he hedges his bet he can at most get 50% right

Its still 2 teams out of 30 or a 1 in 15 chance of being right by luck. If his other guesses are 1 in 30 then picking 2 teams should count for 14/15ths credit. It's not really fair to look at it as if its two separate predictions, thats the equivalent of betting on black and red at a roulette table, you can never win just break even and eventually lose.

Edited by squishyx

Its still 2 teams out of 30 or a 1 in 15 chance of being right by luck. If his other guesses are 1 in 30 then picking 2 teams should count for 14/15ths credit. It's not really fair to look at it as if its two separate predictions, thats the equivalent of betting on black and red at a roulette table, you can never win just break even and eventually lose.

Nope, sorry you are wrong... red and balck are all of teh choices... Devs and Rags are 2 or 30

If he says Redden to Every team... he'd be 1/30

The way I did it represents a tru indication of his guess..

Redden to NJ & NYR in this case is 1/2.

Nope, sorry you are wrong... red and balck are all of teh choices... Devs and Rags are 2 or 30

Yup red and black and 28 other colors...

I'm not going to argue this anymore tho but I'll say this, if you get half credit for picking 2 teams, then its not even fair to list 2 teams as a pick as you can never get both right so its more like 0 for 7.

Yup red and black and 28 other colors...

I'm not going to argue this anymore tho but I'll say this, if you get half credit for picking 2 teams, then its not even fair to list 2 teams as a pick as you can never get both right so its more like 0 for 7.

28 colors...huh?

the penalty for guessing 2is you can only at best get 1/2... but you also double your chances... thus 1/2

If he guess 2 teams for each player and ended up say 10/20... he'd be considered thee NHL insider.