What Is The Best Sports Video Game

LOTCB

My brother and my childhood was primarly spent at Easy Video renting nintendo and SNES games or at Electronic Boutique praying we had saved up enough money to buy the USED games haha

I have to say, playing WWF RAW and Royal Rumble was purely awesome on the SNES. World Championship Wrestling for NES was genius as well.

CRASHER, do you remember WCW Versus the World? My mom randomly gave it to me for my birthday when it came out for the original PlayStation, the only reason I really liked it so much was that there were SO many wrestlers to choose from...but it was a relatively hard game because the moves were difficult to even execute.

Nothing says video game greatness like... 4 person... T...L.... C !!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Never owned a non smackdown game for the PS... didn't really like a lot of the controls for them... did play WCW for the NES, was kinda dumb... you couldn't win with most of the submission finishers... so you put the guy in the Scorpion Deathlock... and then have to PIN HIM !?!? :blink:

There was also a baseball game I played quite a bit, the name escapes me, I'm pretty sure all the teams were fake and it was similar to NBA Jam in that it didn't have any basis in reality whatsoever. I remember one of the special pitches, your pitcher would throw like 5 balls simultaniously but only one was real.

My memory sucks.

Are you thinking of Baseball Simulator 1.000 for the NES? That's still my favorite baseball game of all time. All the pitchers and batters on the "Super League" teams would have special swings or pitches they could activate several times a game. One was a line drive that no one could catch, it would just carry the fielder with it until it pounded him into the outfield wall. There was a ground ball that would change directions, a fly ball that would explode upon landing... That game was awesome. :hail:

Base Wars for the NES was pretty cool, too. Baseball with robots that would have a duel over any close plays, and the pitcher would shoot the ball out of a cannon...

I doubt many of you will remember this game but I had an Atari 5200, and a game called Real Sports Football. The guy who made the game went on to make the Joe Montana series of games. My brother, my cousin, and I would play this game for hours. It had a keypad, and you would pick plays from a seperate sheet of paper that came with the game. So say 5-1 was a Post pattern, or 3-2 was a flag, etc. The funny part is we played the game so much, and had memorized the plays, so when we would play a real league game of Flag football, I could look at either one of them, and audible a play from the video game. So we would be standing there on the line, and I would look at each, and give them their routes based on number combos from the game. Pretty funny, but it worked well.

Chris