BEER

TrentonDevils

Lately I've been really digging Sixpoint's beers, especially the Sweet Action. Quickly becoming my favorite brewery.

I read a couple articles recently saying that hops lowers testosterone. I don't know by how much, and I know a whole host of other things do that too -- but still, because I love beer, it did make me step back and say, Wow, I wonder if it's something I need to be very concerned about.

Of course, I'm drinking a Lakefront IPA as I type this, LOL.

Drank a couple of Troegs Java Head Stouts earlier today. Pretty good. I'd definitely have it again.

Edited by 95Crash

I also bought a bottle of Brooklyn Ops but haven't tried it yet. Maybe this weekend.

So good! I got it for my brother for Christmas and he let me have a glass.

I bought a bottle of Uinta Labyrinth probably about a year ago, it was pretty good.

I saw a bottle of Labyrinth by me a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know anything about it until I got home and Googled it. I'm hoping they still have it next time I go back.

Anyone tried the new Coffee milk porter from Kane yet? They used a local coffee place for their beans too.

There's quite a few New Jersey breweries that don't get sold anywhere near me in North Jersey -- Kane being one and Carton being another, thinking off the top of my head. I need to keep looking, I guess.

To the poster from Colorado, Oskar Blues is amazing. They make a Scotch Ale that is out of this world. Also, I had the 21st Ammendment Back in Black and the one with space monkeys on the can the other day. Very tasty stuff.

Have a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout sitting at home. An unbelievable brew but you have to like that whiskey flavor in order to enjoy it. My local craft beer bar, PONY Bar on the Upper East Side, had Victory Hop Devil on a nitrogen pour. Imagine the smoothness of a Guiness with the hop of an IPA, and you've pretty much nailed it.

To the poster from Colorado, Oskar Blues is amazing. They make a Scotch Ale that is out of this world. Also, I had the 21st Ammendment Back in Black and the one with space monkeys on the can the other day. Very tasty stuff.

Have a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout sitting at home. An unbelievable brew but you have to like that whiskey flavor in order to enjoy it. My local craft beer bar, PONY Bar on the Upper East Side, had Victory Hop Devil on a nitrogen pour. Imagine the smoothness of a Guiness with the hop of an IPA, and you've pretty much nailed it.

Ahh yes, Old Chub from Oskar Blues. That is a damn good beer. I really like most of their beers, Dales, Deviant Dales, Old Chub, Ten Fiddy, Gubna. They are all excellent.

I also have a Bourbon County Stout in my fridge. Old man picked it up at Canals black friday sale and gave it to me. I think it's 15% ABV. I've been saving it for when I've had an especially rough day at the office ;)

Nitrogen is really common in Colorado. Most taprooms and brewpubs will have at least 1 beer on a nitro pour as well as a cask or hand pump. Nitros seem to be way less common out here. I'm not a huge fan of nitros but some beers can be very good and taste much different from a standard co2 tap.

Back In Black is easily in my top 5 beers right now. Maybe even top 3. I love that friggin stuff.

I'm hard pressed to think of either an Oskar Blues or 21st Amendment brew that I've had that I didn't like.

Speaking of beer, has anybody tried the Untappd iPhone / Android app? It sounds cheesy at first, but it's a cool way to "Check In" where you're drinking and more importantly, what. I like it because it helps me keep track of different brews when I'm out and rate them. That way, if I try something new and loved it, I can document it. You can also locate where a certain beer is nearby, so if I had the taste for an Old Chub, I could do a search and find where else somebody has checked it in. Pretty neat!

Also, has anybody tried the Founder Boltcutter? One of my neighborhood beer stores has it in stock, but it's $30 for a 22 oz bottle. Supposedly it's an anniversary brew and pretty hard to find.

Also, has anybody tried the Founder Boltcutter? One of my neighborhood beer stores has it in stock, but it's $30 for a 22 oz bottle. Supposedly it's an anniversary brew and pretty hard to find.

Bolt Cutter is part of the Backstage Series that Founders is doing. They are coming out with a different beer in 22 oz. bottles once every couple months. They are all either only brewed just this once, or have previously only been sold on tap at the brewery in the past. Bolt Cutter is the latest one, and they usually sell out in a matter of days, I'm surprised your store still has it even at that price. I have one but I'm letting it mellow out for a while and saving it for a special occasion.

Edited by devilsfan26