GDT 7: Devils @ Senators aka first win of the season 730pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

This is sooooo frustrating. It's amazing how bad we look out there.

I really don't want to blame this on PDB though, I'm starting to really believe that we're not that good of a team. We were a little overrated on this board but I didn't think it was this bad. There is no hope on this team right now.

I can't put in words how much I don't want to hear the words Stephen Matteau. The decision to draft that year looks even worse now than it did at the time, which I didn't think was possible

I remember the losing teams back in the 80's....they were bad.....but at least they would score goals and give you some hope

I was a little kid back then, saw my first game in '85- they sucked back then. I remember them being horrible, but I was only 6 when I started watching the Devils, so I don't remember much else other than the fact that they didn't win much when I started watching. I have vague early memories of Alain Chevrier being the starting goaltender lol.

I remember the losing teams back in the 80's....they were bad.....but at least they would score goals and give you some hope

The difference is those teams knew they weren't all that good. The coaches and front office did too. The hope was to have young players improve and build an identity and grow. This team is built with the opposite in mind under the false illusion they are not only a playoff team but a team that can advance a round or two.

This roster is not bad.  This roster should easily be a playoff team.  Only a buffoon could fail with this roster.

This roster is a middling old roster built on bottom end depth, that could have gone either way.   Well, it's going to the extreme one way and you can guess which one it is.   With Kovalchuk minus Jagr?   Sure.   But for anyone to unquestionably think they were great was the real buffonery.

Or else what?

Clean house. Lou and Conte can both take a hike.

This roster is not bad. This roster should easily be a playoff team. Only a buffoon could fail with this roster.

It is a shabbily assembled roster that is old and slow for the most part and poorly balanced overall and is being done no favors by a dipsh!t coach.

This roster is a middling old roster built on bottom end depth, that could have gone either way.   Well, it's going to the extreme one way and you can guess which one it is.   With Kovalchuk minus Jagr?   Sure.   But for anyone to unquestionably think they were great was the real buffonery.

This is a better roster Ottawa iced last year.

Clean house. Lou and Conte can both take a hike.

It is a shabbily assembled roster that is old and slow for the most part and poorly balanced overall and is being done no favors by a dipsh!t coach.

Poorly balanced?  It's a team with basically two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines.  True, not having a true first line sucks, but there's no reason to be this bad.

What are you watching. This team is old, slow and thoroughly outclassed vs. most of their opponents. Sorry, but they were built for the league circa 1998, not 2013.

If you're talking about tonight, that isn't even close to what's happening.

Poorly balanced?  It's a team with basically two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines.  True, not having a true first line sucks, but there's no reason to be this bad.

If you're talking about tonight, that isn't even close to what's happening.

They've been on a PP for the last 25 minutes.

The 2010-11 season was worse for me because they were expected to be a contending team after landing Kovalchuk and to a lesser extent Arnott. To see them struggle out of the gate and quickly become terrible was hard to watch.  I expected this year's team to be good as did many on this board. But most people expected them to suck  so maybe we were all seeing something that wasn't really here.

And really, I'm not sure how much better we'd be Kovalchuk. He wouldn't help us give up fewer goals. Maybe the PP would be better. But there is so much suck on the ice right now I'm not sure one guy could fix it. We also probably wouldn't sign Jagr and Brunner, and I doubt Kovalchuk could replace both their offense so far this year.