Devils buy out Volchenkov

caron14

Unless the devils unload Brunner or Ryder, how are they going to add another RW like Gionta or Vrbata?

You stated the only answer, one has to be moved and I think it will be Ryder. Many teams always have interest in him. It would be a great upgrade to get Vrbata over Ryder in my opinion, or even Brunner.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gionta is 2 years older than Ryder is. No way he gets anything more than 2 yrs and 7 to 8 million total. It better not be us if he does.

Give time to brunner... We see flash from him... I think he could have a rebound year... He have potential... Somthing ryder dont have.

I would love to see more of JJ on the third or fourth line... I dont want lou to sign an old third liner...

Give JJ a real chance. He deserves it.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:

Devils tried to trade Volchenkov before deciding to buy him out. Lamoriello said team's young D being ready also factored into decision.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:

Lamoriello said cap being set at $69 million instead of a bit higher was "somewhat" of a factor in the Volchenkov buyout as well.

Edited by MadDog2020

Its cool to get praised for something that pretty much every single one of us would have done first thing stepping in the office if we had control for one day. Lol

Lou said he was trying to trade Volch first and bought him out as a last resort. Instead of losing him for nothing.

Now buyout Salvador and pay Fayne the additional in difference in cap saved, if you guys know what I mean. Basically we get an upgrade for Salvador.

I think we were only allowed two buyouts and the first one was used on Hedberg

We're only allowed 2 amnesty buyouts, yes we used one on Hedberg.

buying out salvador normally with only 1 year left on his deal would end up hurting us for 2 years

EDIT: wait can we even buy out a 35+ contract?

Edited by jagknife