NFL Week 7:

CRASHER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't get the 3rd and 1 at the 2 and going shotgun spread. You have Tebow and Greene who are unstoppable. Why are you possibly calling anything else?

That was the worst play call of the year bar none.

I wouldn't make that call if I was playing a video game, that's how hideous it was. And the other thing about Tebow that's mind-boggling, they NEVER have him run the ball from under center, it's always from the shotgun formation. That play you could have absolutely had him run a sneak. Or run Greene when he was hot.

Thank God Brady & Co. was able to do just enough to overcome The Genius' defective D. Doesn't matter who the QB is, he never EVER seems to have trouble moving the ball against The Genius' awesome gameplanning.

Jets made more mistakes and didn't execute at some crucial times (like the wide-open drop that led to a FG)...only reason they lost. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted at the end of a win than I am right now. If I'm a Jet fan I'm beside myself.

Can you tell how disgusted I am?! LOL!

The Patriots were terrible in that fourth quarter. They let Mark Sanchez go 93 yards on them, went three-and-out right afterward, then went on to fumble a kickoff. They freaking gave that game away, and the Jets said, "no thanks."

TERRIBLE. I agree 100%.

Two very flawed football teams, from top-to-bottom, played each other today. The Pats may be 4-3 and may have only lost their three games by four points, but this is NOT a good football team right now. They have one big saving grace: two of their three losses are against the NFC. That gives them a 4-1 AFC record and a 2-0 division record. But they have some serious issues right now, and I don't see them going away anytime soon.

Jets made more mistakes and didn't execute at some crucial times

This too. Too many good plays taken away by penalties (though once or twice, the foul made the play happen) and too many drops or balls not thrown well (or at all) to open receivers. The Pats had some mistakes (fumbled kick-off being most obvious) and committed a lot of fouls in their secondary, but not nearly the level mistake-itude of our Jets. Argh!

Thank God Brady & Co. was able to do just enough to overcome The Genius' defective D. Doesn't matter who the QB is, he never EVER seems to have trouble moving the ball against The Genius' awesome gameplanning.

Jets made more mistakes and didn't execute at some crucial times (like the wide-open drop that led to a FG)...only reason they lost. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted at the end of a win than I am right now. If I'm a Jet fan I'm beside myself.

The Stephen Hill drop was awful too...at the very least the Pats would have had to use all their timeouts if they get that first down, and the Jets would have had another chance to stick it in the endzone. I knew anything short of a TD would kill us there.

Can you tell how disgusted I am?! LOL!

The Patriots were terrible in that fourth quarter. They let Mark Sanchez go 93 yards on them, went three-and-out right afterward, then went on to fumble a kickoff. They freaking gave that game away, and the Jets said, "no thanks."

Everytime I see BB on my TV these days, I say "duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh". He has done a TERRIBLE job coaching this season, and the complete lack of defensive gameplanning and his getting outcoached is getting harder and harder to take with every embarrassing defensive performance. I can't say it enough, Brady has bailed him out so many times in the last few seasons...and it feels like BB is somehow OK with that...hey, my D sucks and I have no answers on how to improve it but that's OK, I have Tom, he'll make it all better. It's so friggin' maddening...

There isn't a SINGLE ONE good team in the entire AFC.....guess that can just make you angrier I guess....but the whole AFC is a disaster right now.....

I believe in the Texans. I think that's a real team. That's it though.

I've had it with the Jets. I'm going to bars on Sundays to watch RG3 from now on.

There isn't a SINGLE ONE good team in the entire AFC.....guess that can just make you angrier I guess....but the whole AFC is a disaster right now.....

The Pats are officially not a good team after today. Way too many glaring issues.

I believe in the Texans. I think that's a real team. That's it though.

I've had it with the Jets. I'm going to bars on Sundays to watch RG3 from now on.

Not fully convinced with Andre Johnson being awful and no one else at WR that they have the weapons to come from behind if they need to....they're the AFC answer to the 49ers....that worries me, if say NE goes up 10-14 on them it's gonna get ugly.....

Everytime I see BB on my TV these days, I say "duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh". He has done a TERRIBLE job coaching this season, and the complete lack of defensive gameplanning and his getting outcoached is getting harder and harder to take with every embarrassing defensive performance. I can't say it enough, Brady has bailed him out so many times in the last few seasons...and it feels like BB is somehow OK with that...hey, my D sucks and I have no answers on how to improve it but that's OK, I have Tom, he'll make it all better. It's so friggin' maddening...

You're right, but don't forget to kill Brady and the offense. That three-and-out after the Jets' long drive was pretty darn awful.

Sanchez played a great game with virtually no help. Your blaming him for people not blocking for him. BIggest play of the game and he gets hit by two guys!!!!

Major disclaimer: EVERY QB looks great against The Genius' D these days. Wide-open bodies EVERYWHERE. Pats have to pray that teams beat themselves these days.

Sanchez played a great game with virtually no help. Your blaming him for people not blocking for him. BIggest play of the game and he gets hit by two guys!!!!

That was practically a coverage sack. Awful play by Sanchez. How about him taking a sack to make Folk's field goal try 10 yards longer? So freakin stupid. You want him, you can have him.

You're right, but don't forget to kill Brady and the offense. That three-and-out after the Jets' long drive was pretty darn awful.

I give Brady more of a pass because of how many times he's had to win games by himself the past few years. It's ALWAYS on him.

They really do stink. The Redskins are almost right there with them! How in the world do they let Victor Cruz get past them?!

The funny thing is, the Pats get the Rams in London next, then a bye week. If the Pats win the game against the Rams (I can't pencil these Pats in for an automatic win against ANYONE right now, not with that defense), the schedule is pretty forgiving. Buffalo and Indy at home, then the Jets and Miami on the road. I can't rightly predict that the Patriots will win more than 3 of those games, but I can see them going 4-1 or even 5-0 against those teams. They'll probably lose to both Houston and San Fran after that, but if they're 8-4 or 9-3 going into those games, they should still be in good shape in their division, though they'll probably have no shot at a bye week if they don't beat at least one of those teams...they're already down a tiebreaker to the Ravens.

But even if the Pats DID go 5-0 over the next five, and suddenly had a very eye-friendly 9-3 record, I wouldn't feel any better about them than I do right now. The reasons being:

1) Pats are always good for some chest-thumping, stat-bloating bully wins that trick outsiders into thinking all is well. It wouldn't surprise me if they got a couple of them over the next five games.

2) Look at the opposing QBs over the next five weeks: Bradford, Fitzpatrick, Luck, Sanchez, and Tannehill. Granted, there doesn't seem to be QB in existence that The Genius seems to be able to contain these days, but that's a group that is either very young or not very good. If there's such a thing as a "beatable" entity at QB for the Pats, it's this fivesome. But would it surprise me if any or all of them put up Sanchez-type games against the Pats? Nope. And for some reason, Fitzpatrick really has a penchant for throwing picks to the Pats' secondary.

Even at 4-3 and looking shaky, the Pats will probably still find a way to finish 10-6 and win the division, and that's much more a testament to the Pats' schedule, the Jets not winning yesterday's game, and the state of the AFC East than it is anything the Pats are doing right. I won't be fooled by them one bit...they will be horribly exposed come playoff time, and in the Houston and SF games.

That was practically a coverage sack. Awful play by Sanchez. How about him taking a sack to make Folk's field goal try 10 yards longer? So freakin stupid. You want him, you can have him.

Coverage sack? that would imply he had more time than he did. The pocket from the center in just collapsed at the snap.

He was overwhelmed and tried to throw it out of bounds before he got crunched by the second defender who knocked out of his hands. Sanchez played a good game overall.

The funny thing is, the Pats get the Rams in London next, then a bye week. If the Pats win the game against the Rams (I can't pencil these Pats in for an automatic win against ANYONE right now, not with that defense), the schedule is pretty forgiving. Buffalo and Indy at home, then the Jets and Miami on the road. I can't rightly predict that the Patriots will win more than 3 of those games, but I can see them going 4-1 or even 5-0 against those teams. They'll probably lose to both Houston and San Fran after that, but if they're 8-4 or 9-3 going into those games, they should still be in good shape in their division, though they'll probably have no shot at a bye week if they don't beat at least one of those teams...they're already down a tiebreaker to the Ravens.

But even if the Pats DID go 5-0 over the next five, and suddenly had a very eye-friendly 9-3 record, I wouldn't feel any better about them than I do right now. The reasons being:

1) Pats are always good for some chest-thumping, stat-bloating bully wins that trick outsiders into thinking all is well. It wouldn't surprise me if they got a couple of them over the next five games.

2) Look at the opposing QBs over the next five weeks: Bradford, Fitzpatrick, Luck, Sanchez, and Tannehill. Granted, there doesn't seem to be QB in existence that The Genius seems to be able to contain these days, but that's a group that is either very young or not very good. If there's such a thing as a "beatable" entity at QB for the Pats, it's this fivesome. But would it surprise me if any or all of them put up Sanchez-type games against the Pats? Nope. And for some reason, Fitzpatrick really has a penchant for throwing picks to the Pats' secondary.

Even at 4-3 and looking shaky, the Pats will probably still find a way to finish 10-6 and win the division, and that's much more a testament to the Pats' schedule, the Jets not winning yesterday's game, and the state of the AFC East than it is anything the Pats are doing right. I won't be fooled by them one bit...they will be horribly exposed come playoff time, and in the Houston and SF games.

Counting out or dismissing the Patriots seems like hockey observers doing the same with the Devils. Fact is, the Patriots went to the Super Bowl last year with basically the same team, but now they have a better running game, and perhaps a slightly better defense. They'll only get better once Hernandez gets healthier (he was really slow yesterday with the ankle injury).

You also throw in the fact that the rest of the AFC isn't that great, and the Ravens are only going to be worse with their injuries. Houston is still easily the best team in the conference, but anything can happen in a head-to-head playoff match-up.

ADDENDUM: The wild-card in the AFC is the Broncos. They'll probably continue to improve as Manning gets more used to his teammates and vice versa.

Edited by Daniel

Counting out or dismissing the Patriots seems like hockey observers doing the same with the Devils. Fact is, the Patriots went to the Super Bowl last year with basically the same team, but now they have a better running game, and perhaps a slightly better defense. They'll only get better once Hernandez gets healthier (he was really slow yesterday with the ankle injury).

You also throw in the fact that the rest of the AFC isn't that great, and the Ravens are only going to be worse with their injuries. Houston is still easily the best team in the conference, but anything can happen in a head-to-head playoff match-up.

ADDENDUM: The wild-card in the AFC is the Broncos. They'll probably continue to improve as Manning gets more used to his teammates and vice versa.

I'm a HUGE Pats fan, but let's face it, they were fortuitous in getting to the Super Bowl last year...that was not a great team...definitely not a complete one. Tebow was clearly in over his head against the Patriots in the playoffs (and the Denver D had clearly come back to Earth), and the Ravens, as is typical against the Patriots' D, went right down the field with the game on the line, but had a TD catch smacked away at the very last second, and missed a chip-shot FG to tie. Brady and the offense overcame SEVERAL lousy defensive performances last season...it was amazing that they went 13-3.

Dating back to the beginning of last season, teams are passing for an average of almost 300 yards per game against the Patriots in their last 23 regular season games...that is so beyond pathetic...especially considering the guy coaching them is supposed to be a defensive mastermind. I don't know if you watch many Patriots games, but it doesn't matter who they're facing...guys are constantly wide-open, all of the time, no Patriot near them. They've had some of the worst defensive play over the last year and a half that I've ever seen, especially in the secondary...the only things they've been good at on occasion is being opportunitistic with picks and turnovers, or stalling extended opponents' drives, but QBs of all skill levels have absolutely no trouble carving up the Pats' D, and it often feels like when something good does happen on D for the Pats, it's more because the other team didn't execute as well as they could have.

I am not writing the Patriots off...I would be stunned if they don't make the playoffs, though I think they will have a rough time as anything less than a #2 seed. If they go in as a #3 or #4, maybe they will their Wild Card home game, but once they go on the road...forget it. But in NFL, you can't ever stop believing until your team is eliminated from SB competition...the Giants have proven that conclusively.

Broncos as the Wild Card? Who else is going to win that division? The rest of the AFC West stinks, including the Chargers who crapped the bed against Denver at home. And Denver will be a lot better in the second half anyway now that they're through the brutal part of their schedule.

I'm a HUGE Pats fan, but let's face it, they were fortuitous in getting to the Super Bowl last year...that was not a great team...definitely not a complete one. Tebow was clearly in over his head against the Patriots in the playoffs (and the Denver D had clearly come back to Earth), and the Ravens, as is typical against the Patriots' D, went right down the field with the game on the line, but had a TD catch smacked away at the very last second, and missed a chip-shot FG to tie. Brady and the offense overcame SEVERAL lousy defensive performances last season...it was amazing that they went 13-3.

Dating back to the beginning of last season, teams are passing for an average of almost 300 yards per game against the Patriots in their last 23 regular season games...that is so beyond pathetic...especially considering the guy coaching them is supposed to be a defensive mastermind. I don't know if you watch many Patriots games, but it doesn't matter who they're facing...guys are constantly wide-open, all of the time, no Patriot near them. They've had some of the worst defensive play over the last year and a half that I've ever seen, especially in the secondary...the only things they've been good at on occasion is being opportunitistic with picks and turnovers, or stalling extended opponents' drives, but QBs of all skill levels have absolutely no trouble carving up the Pats' D, and it often feels like when something good does happen on D for the Pats, it's more because the other team didn't execute as well as they could have.

I am not writing the Patriots off...I would be stunned if they don't make the playoffs, though I think they will have a rough time as anything less than a #2 seed. If they go in as a #3 or #4, maybe they will their Wild Card home game, but once they go on the road...forget it. But in NFL, you can't ever stop believing until your team is eliminated from SB competition...the Giants have proven that conclusively.

All that may be true. Just watch most other teams in the league, and the AFC in particular, and you won't be so down on the Pats.

So far as your doom and gloom about the playoffs, try rooting for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in what seems like forever. Pats are still the team to beat in the division, and are a favorite for a first-round bye now that the wheels appear to be coming off for the Ravens. With an offense that is that explosive, you can live with a subpar defense. I'll take the Patriots to win a shootout against any team but Houson.

Also, since you're not allowed to breathe on a receiver past five yards, most defenses will appear as if they suck.

Broncos as the Wild Card? Who else is going to win that division? The rest of the AFC West stinks, including the Chargers who crapped the bed against Denver at home. And Denver will be a lot better in the second half anyway now that they're through the brutal part of their schedule.

I didn't mean "wildcard" in the literal sense. "Wildcard" in the sense that they're a team that no one is thinking about right now as going far in the playoffs.

Pats are still the team to beat in the division, and are a favorite for a first-round bye now that the wheels appear to be coming off for the Ravens. Also, since you're not allowed to breathe on a receiver past five yards, most defenses will appear as if they suck.

Fortunately, we have the bye week to try and right our ship. Our 5-1 start gives us some cushion in a rather mediocre football league. We will make the playoffs, but with out Webb, Lewis and now Reed or Ngata I don't like our chances.

It up to really Cam Cameron to get the offense up and running again as our D is finished. The last two weeks do not instill much confidence in me that the Ravens can finish out Ray Lewis' career with another Superbowl win as it did before the injuries.