Fantasy Tipsheet: Elias Talking About Wanting Out

Diablo

Pure conjecture.

There is no evidence for Elias wanting out.

This guy is an idiot.

Although, Elias is quite possibly the most disappointing start of any star player..then again, the Devils schedule hasn't given him an opportunity to shine.

From late Novemeber to Christmas, Elias will go on one of his tears. BOOK IT.

If Elias had actually said he wanted out, (N)Єverson would have reported it with a banner headline. So I have to guess the guy at faceoff.com is taking all the things Elias HAS said (about frustration, linemates, Burns, etc.) and has decided it means "I want to be traded". Maybe it does. But I doubt he's actually said it to the media.

I've been thinking about this lately.

I for one like to see this happen. I think his time here is done. Look at him, he looks like a little boy after someone just ran over his Dog or something. :(

Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he was my least favorite out of the 3 A-Line players.

I just don't see him staying here if he's not producing the offense we need. He's supposed to be our offensive hero. Granted it's not all his fault, but I'd have to say it's resting mostly on his shoulders.

Now the quesiton is who could come into our system, pick up that weight, and be able to produce the goals we need. Hopefully Lou will make the right choice if the time does come.

:evil: JesterDevil :evil:

Nope, there hasn't been anything like that.

On the track that the media insists on using re: Sykora and Arnott. Did he not play great hockey for the Devils after they were traded last year? I think that's when any bad feelings would have surfaced. Did he not express happiness about getting his deal?

He's struggling now. He's still double-teamed by teams and he hasn't figured his way out of it. (Although the best thing I've seen this year was him working with Berglund the other day.) Yes, it's up to him to do it. But no, I don't see anything like what the media and now Faceoff insists on focusing on.

Although, Elias is quite possibly the most disappointing start of any star player..then again, the Devils schedule hasn't given him an opportunity to shine.

Close but that honor belongs to The Player Formerly Known As Eric Lindros.

Argh!!!!

Elias never said this. This is inference from another site....jeeez

You don't change your hockey team every day.

Elias is in a small slump. You don't trade him away. I'd say he has some upside.

IMHO, Newy should be his center.

It's our mantra, msweet. :)

Elias-Nieuwy-Berglund.

This is my idea of a great line. Berglund showed quite a lot the other day, including chemistry with Elias.

Madden and Langenbrunner have been working to well together to break them up. And considering their scoring production of late, why not Friesen as the LW on that line for now. However Brylin/Gomez/Gionta is way to small of a line. So i think we will see Friesen stick with Gomez for a while, perhaps with Brylin on the other side, and Gionta with Langenbrunner and Madden, where i think he would fit. Just no Pando please!

Were Elias to be traded... do you think Lou would be looking for a "superstar-esque" swap? Or would he be willing to trade Elias for 2 solid forwards and a top draft pick?

Hm, mayhaps if Elias were to be traded he'd be packaged with others and it would be a massive blockbuster deal.... And yet, I hope this doesn't happen because:

a) it means that we're probably out of playoff contention

B) we would have an almost entirely new roster for the Devils

c) we'd be making our third big trade within a year

You know, even though this post is pure conjecture, I'm thinking that it really didn't accomplish much. Meh well, let's see how it goes.

I don't think this organization is looking to trade the third guy that they've given a big contract to.

It's been ONE month. A month in which the guy had THREE game-winning goals. We just have too much time and space to think about these things. It becomes self-defeating, I think.

Anyway, back to msweet...

I think Gomez and Friesen can still turn into something. The A-Line didn't even become the A-Line overnight. Gomez and Friesen want it, so they've got that going for them. Giving them a sparkplug, I'll go with Gionta here because he does do that and although it's a small line it would be a fast, slippery line. And because Pando is hurt, Brylin can go to the third.

I don't wanna bust up Maddenbrunner, but I think Pando could go down to fourth line when he's healthy if Madden-Brunner-Brylin was doing the same thing.

Either Turner or Jimmy Mac would have to sit each game. And the very rare instances when they were both needed, Danton could sit.

We have a tremendous amount of third-liners on this team. Our fourth line could easiily become all third-liners. It hurts when we need the third-liners as first or second-liners tho.

Palffy would give us a great scoring threat on the right wing, but like Tri said, he is older and would come to the Devils with a higher salary and less playoff experience.

Friesen-Nieuwendyk-Palffy as a top line would be kind of fun, though.

Were that deal to happen, the Kings would make out like bandits, with a top line of Elias-Allison-Deadmarsh. Yikes.

I don't think this organization is looking to trade the third guy that they've given a big contract to.

It's been ONE month. A month in which the guy had THREE game-winning goals. We just have too much time and space to think about these things. It becomes self-defeating, I think.

Completely agree, DP.

But I'm bored (actually procrastinating ;) ) and this is an interesting thing to consider. I don't expect it to happen, which is why I'm acting from the position of "were it to happen" rather than "this should happen because."

I actually sort of thought this was a fun trade thread because it is perposterous...and yet you never know. No one can really say anything about what Patty could get us for fear of what we'd lose. We're all on the same page. Even the dumbest of the dumb (with the Devils' best interest at heart) can't say anything really without qualifying it.

Did you catch my subtly there again YIS? :lol:

Elias has expressed that he misses Sykora and Arnott more than he thought.

I read that to say, the talent to play with Elias in Elias's opinion isn't there for him to be productive.

I agree he didn't work well with Gomez last season when that was tried.

He hasn't worked well with Niewy & Langer, well neither of them are 1st line players so it shouldn't work well. Gomez is fast reacting, passing and moving the puck but isn't the guy for Elias.

Friessen so far IMO is a waste and belongs on a 3rd or 4th line.

Elias wants to play with the same players and develop knowing where each guy will be before they get there. This won't happen with this offense crew because the talent isn't there to play to the Elias level. He is frustrated with that point and therefore himself.

In addition he believes in offense and plays good defense, but Burns style is defense first, with little offense, so this is frustration Elias.

IMO Elias has been very good on defense, better than most and made better hits than some of the defensemen.

Maybe the right combinations are there, somewhere, but this doesn't develop in one game. Look how much time it took in the past for Sykora, Elias and Arnott to get their timing down and together when one of them wasn't there at start of training camp. That's my point, no quick fix especially with 3rd and 4th line offensive players. Gomez is a good player he just doesn't work well with Elias, Gomez could be a 1st line player.

IMO Elias, Gomez and Brylin should be put together for a month, but then the Devils wouldn't have much else in the way of an explosive offensive line. To 3rd lines amd 1one 4th line don't make an offense.