isles aquire vanek. large deal

caron14

Took the words out of my mouth. What was he going to do, apologize? LOL

Actually, yes. He really could have and should have apologized to the fans who took him at his word, bought his jersey and supported him as being the centerpiece of the franchise going forward. I'm not saying it was required, but it would have been a classier thing to do on his part given the bad taste of how he left.

Actually, yes. He really could have and should have apologized to the fans who took him at his word, bought his jersey and supported him as being the centerpiece of the franchise going forward. I'm not saying it was required, but it would have been a classier thing to do on his part given the bad taste of how he left.

Not disagreeing, but there was no way in hell that was gonna happen. And I seriously doubt anyone would have been like oh, well, at least he said sorry.

I'm not saying we would've forgiven him, but maybe at the very least the vitriol would've been lessened to a degree.

There's not a chance in the world that would have happened. If anything, people would have been more angry. Unless his reasoning was something along the lines of my Mother is dying and I wanted to be there during her last years. Basically anything short of that would have gotten a big old fvck you.

I think the fact he "sneaked out" proves Lou had something to do with it.....as Lou keeps as much as possible from the "outside"

There's not a chance in the world that would have happened. If anything, people would have been more angry. Unless his reasoning was something along the lines of my Mother is dying and I wanted to be there during her last years. Basically anything short of that would have gotten a big old fvck you.

What i kind of wish is that knowing that he's costing us a first round pick this year and everything the organization gave for him... that he would at least suck it up and play a last year to try to assure that the team is not giving up a top pick.

What i kind of wish is that knowing that he's costing us a first round pick this year and everything the organization gave for him... that he would at least suck it up and play a last year to try to assure that the team is not giving up a top pick.

Did not want another year. The cap recapture would really suck.

Edited by John Wensink

Why would he do that? Kovy never wanted to play for NJ in the first place. We were the only team that pursued him as a UFA.

Why would he do that? Kovy never wanted to play for NJ in the first place. We were the only team that pursued him as a UFA.

I'm actually not sure if you're being sarcastic here based on how much I know you hate Kovalchuk, so I'm not quite sure how to react to this.

But you do know that he was the biggest UFA for years at the time, right? If the Devils, Isles, and Thrashers were the only teams interested in giving him a fair deal, and he didn't want to play for any of them, he totally would have bolted to Russia then and there.

its actually amazing the amount of fans who have such a lack of knowledge.. as i was standing in line waiting for the bathroom last night there were a few stupid... literally stupid fans running their mouths yelling in the bathroom going on and on about kovalsuck this that yada yada.. how do people not realize that his leaving was for the better for the team he was tieing up way too much money and for way too long and we had him threw his prime he will most likely start to decline in his coming years.. the contract was horrible and people should now realize that we were lucky to get out from under it.. something tells me that the devils obviously realized this and it was a more so agreed upon thing his departure rather then surprise

Lundqvist has a .939 save% in his last five games.  No one's talking about his pads now. 

Rangers suddenly approaching respectability.  I wish that wasn't the case...I want them to go 0-82-0 every season...but at the same time I didn't expect them to suck...new coach + brutal road sched makes for a rough start.  They're now going to get a nice glut of home games...wouldn't surprise me if they're .500 or better by the time they embark on a 5-game road swing on 11/21.

Lundqvist has a .939 save% in his last five games.  No one's talking about his pads now. 

Rangers suddenly approaching respectability.  I wish that wasn't the case...I want them to go 0-82-0 every season...but at the same time I didn't expect them to suck...new coach + brutal road sched makes for a rough start.  They're now going to get a nice glut of home games...wouldn't surprise me if they're .500 or better by the time they embark on a 5-game road swing on 11/21.

Yeah and they have 2 of their best players out right now

Yeah and they have 2 of their best players out right now

they weren't as bad as they were playing, lundquist and the defense aren't that bad.

But damn they just have no offense especially with those 2 out. They will need to bring in more scoring before I worry about them being serious contenders.