DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Official 209 Chant List

this is a working copy

i also need help with a few of the chants [obviously] as i have no details for them.

When we get some ideas down in here, I'll type one up with the whole thing (I'm not just gonna write I believe chant) and when to do it...I'll post it here for everyone to print if they want, and I'll bring some to the game as well.

already a step ahead of you ;-)

if he doesnt come over, i'll take the lead on that one. i'd love to.

fair enough, maybe if the horn doesnt catch, we fill a prescription for more cowbell though lol

i have a list together of how the chants work, about to post it, i just don't now 100% on how a few of the 8 listed go.

If I see Baumann tomorrow I'll ask him if it's ok if we borrow his chant, I personally don't think he will care if we do.

Let me know which ones you dont know.

If I see Baumann tomorrow I'll ask him if it's ok if we borrow his chant, I personally don't think he will care if we do.

Let me know which ones you dont know.

i'm headin out to the rock tomorrow as well, not sure when i'll be getting there nor where i'll be sitting, but i'll PM you when i know

Write out the lyrics for we love ya,

We Love ya, We love ya, We love ya

And anywhere you skate we'll follow, we'll follow, we'll follow

'Cause we support the Devils, the Devils, the Devils,

And that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it.

Oh woahhhh oh woahhhh oh woahhhhh (repeat line)

Something like this, I believe.

I also urge everyone to participate in the clapping stuff that is induced by the arena, and to participate in all chants and be as loud as possible.

Write out the lyrics for we love ya,

We Love ya, We love ya, We love ya

And anywhere you skate we'll follow, we'll follow, we'll follow

'Cause we support the Devils, the Devils, the Devils,

And that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it.

Oh woahhhh oh woahhhh oh woahhhhh (repeat line)

Something like this, I believe.

I also urge everyone to participate in the clapping stuff that is induced by the arena, and to participate in all chants and be as loud as possible.

anything i left blank, i didnt know, so by all means fill me in on anything else.

is there any particular tune to "we love ya"?

Obviously I won't be there since I live in a different country, but some advice if you want it.

- Keep the chants positive. No team x or player y sucks chants. Please no chants towards firing a coach. Try to get a new tradition with "HEY! You Suck!" Chant. It was dumb last year but could not look any dumber now that the Devils are the 2nd worst team in the NHL. Please don't be part of it. If Kovy scores (big if)...maybe try the "Hey! Koval-Chuck!" instead.

- Don't be shy or stop chanting. These things always sound good in theory, but a lot of the time people get shy or don't want to be the one starting the chants. This is what you guys are there for. You are the cheerleaders. If people don't join in at first. Who cares. The idea is to keep chanting all night. The bigger the thing gets, the more people will follow. But remember you guys are the trendsetters. Even if there are only a few of you there Friday, start it off strong so more people want to join.

- Give Marty some respect. The man has been doing it for years and rarely gets the appreciation from the fans in games like dare I say that Lundqvist gets. Moose comes in and within two games the entire arena is screaming "Moose" after every save. Now I know it is fun to scream "Moose", but how the Marty clap clap chants after saves.

Lastly, come up with something visually that separates you from the rest of the fans. Maybe a title for the group and t-shirts?

Obviously I won't be there since I live in a different country, but some advice if you want it.

- Keep the chants positive. No team x or player y sucks chants. Please no chants towards firing a coach. Try to get a new tradition with "HEY! You Suck!" Chant. It was dumb last year but could not look any dumber now that the Devils are the 2nd worst team in the NHL. Please don't be part of it. If Kovy scores (big if)...maybe try the "Hey! Koval-Chuck!" instead.

- Don't be shy or stop chanting. These things always sound good in theory, but a lot of the time people get shy or don't want to be the one starting the chants. This is what you guys are there for. You are the cheerleaders. If people don't join in at first. Who cares. The idea is to keep chanting all night. The bigger the thing gets, the more people will follow. But remember you guys are the trendsetters. Even if there are only a few of you there Friday, start it off strong so more people want to join.

- Give Marty some respect. The man has been doing it for years and rarely gets the appreciation from the fans in games like dare I say that Lundqvist gets. Moose comes in and within two games the entire arena is screaming "Moose" after every save. Now I know it is fun to scream "Moose", but how the Marty clap clap chants after saves.

Lastly, come up with something visually that separates you from the rest of the fans. Maybe a title for the group and t-shirts?

- The problem with the "hey you suck" chant is that there are so many people who like it or hate it but either way the majority is doing that chant now. I don't know how that gets eliminated from the arena now and I really think we are stuck with it. I'm personally not going to do the chant but if the majority of the section wants to do it, it's going to happen. It has kinda become like the Rangers suck chant.

I do want to start doing a *insert player who scores* like ex. "Patrick! *clap clap clap*" chant after that players name is announced over the pa.

- We seem to have a good group of people who are committed to helping getting the noise and chants going in the section and I believe everyone else will feed off that energy.

- I agree 100%. I still love Marty even if this season has been sh!t and I think "MARTY! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* chants are a great idea for when he makes some saves. This is def. something we should be doing.

- heres the thing with the title, if we named ourselves something, it doesn't exactly explain what we are. Devils Supporters Section is easy, straight to the point and doesn't need explaining. I'm thinking about making a banner to hang up at the top of the section, I'm probably gonna go to the store tomorrow to look into it more. T-shirts are something for the future, right now we need to establish everything else first before we get that into it. We have been telling everyone to wear red so there will hopefully be some unity with that.

its to the tune of "you are my sunshine"

you are my devils

my only devils

you make me happy when skies are gray

you'll never know just how much we love you

so dont take my devils away

kinda like that, but change sunshine to "devils"

Eh just my two cents but I think this one's kinda weird and will have a hard time catching on.

Man reading this thread has me so pumped for this but now I don't know if I can get off from work. :(

Edited by devilsfan26

I'm don't know if I'm going to be able to be at game friday but here my suggestions.

1º If you gonna be early at the rock, our meeting place could the "Devils Pub Alley" (or another place for that mater); this would be helpful, to get know everyone involved as well trying to practice the chants.

1.2º Five minutes before thewarm-up starts we storm out of the "Alley" heading to section 209 already chanting

2º I know in Brazil some supports chant the name of everyone involved at the team(that includes even the team's doctor) during the warm-up. We could do something similar, chanting the name of the Player, and clapping "Let's Go Devils" three times in a row.than we could to the same to McLean, Oates and even Chico and Doc

3º We Should try as many different chants as possible to see what may works or may not work.

4º It would be nice if someone could bring a Audio Recorder to record the chants, we know most supports section post those audio files on the internet, so future members of the supports can learn the pace of the songs.

5º If everyone is up to making a statement we could continue to chant even after the game ( even if it's a loss), then again we could take a step futher and do a ovation we the players leave the arena by the parking lot.

Some other sugestions will be:

We could name ourselves " Devil's sons" or "Devils Church" ( I know its early for this, but I want to spit out before I forget :) )

We could use this chant: "Evil ... Evil... Evil [insert name of player here] is a Devil" during the warm-up, after he scored a goal(probably after the usual "you suck") or even after a player made a great play but didn't score.

Those are my suggestion for you guys to consider, i really hope we can get this rolling

Edited by Cachorro Louco

I AM 1000% BEHIND THIS IDEA!!

I had the same idea in my head, couldn't think of how we could type out the "oohoos" lol

if you're going friday, i'll help you lead the way with this chant.

also, i'll bring my camera friday night, post some pictures and video of the section.

Here's a link to the student section i referenced in my article. It doesnt show the other 3 sections [one above, one to the left and right] that were also filled, but you get the idea about how quickly something like this can catch on.

I spent last season in 209. The 'yeah yeah yeah wooo' chant after the goal is great. They usually do it after R&R Pt stops playing and things settle. I'd guess save the 'player name clap clap' for after that.

And of course there is the immortal 'it's a powerplay goal! F you, Sam Rosen!'

Oh, and a lot of times they choose one defenseman and boo him when he has the puck.

Great work guys. I should be buying tix later today.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I totally forgot my girlfriend's mom got us play tickets for that night. Good luck guys, and i'll try to make the next one.

Good list...

I'm in MI so I won't be there but I WILL be watching the game. I EXPECT TO HEAR YOU ALL ON MY TV! :)

Edited by mrthemike

I spent last season in 209. The 'yeah yeah yeah wooo' chant after the goal is great. They usually do it after R&R Pt stops playing and things settle. I'd guess save the 'player name clap clap' for after that.

And of course there is the immortal 'it's a powerplay goal! F you, Sam Rosen!'

Oh, and a lot of times they choose one defenseman and boo him when he has the puck.

Great work guys. I should be buying tix later today.

That's the current plan, to do the "yeah yeah yeah woo" chant first then the player name clap clap clap chant after. We just aren't sure how the yeah yeah yeah woo chant exactly goes so we want to find out about that first.

The F you, Sam Rosen chant we can't do as group, we told the Devils we weren't going to do an organized cursing chants and we need to stick with that. One hand washes the other.

That's the current plan, to do the "yeah yeah yeah woo" chant first then the player name clap clap clap chant after. We just aren't sure how the yeah yeah yeah woo chant exactly goes so we want to find out about that first.

The F you, Sam Rosen chant we can't do as group, we told the Devils we weren't going to do an organized cursing chants and we need to stick with that. One hand washes the other.

Haha, yeah, figured the Rosen one wouldn't fly.

And DIG, nice find on the Rolling Stones. I never put 2 and 2 together on that.