#1641 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Yikes, I like Sal but anything over two years is ridiculous. Bye bye Zach :(

You think we are looking to trade one of our defensemen? We have a huge log jam on D right now.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1642 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

You think we are looking to trade one of our defensemen? We have a huge log jam on D right now.

Plus there's Fayne waiting for a contract

www.SterioDesign.com

#1643 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

Salvador-Zidlicky
Volchenkov-Greene
Tallinder-Fayne
Larsson

Fayne got qualified so he will be back regardless and even with his injury he wont miss much if anything. I think they gotta trade either greene or tallinder. Larsson cant be the healthy scratch again this season. Too much potential for that

#1644 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,009 posts

Literally no way they don't now. The alternative is they're sending Larsson down or Fayne is worse than we're letting on.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1645 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

I want Larsson to have a starting spot, Lou better make sure of that.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1646 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

fvck.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1647 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Sadly, I do think this is what happened to Scott Gomez. I think he's a guy who's not all that smart, and got pushed into his Ranger contract by a variety of parties, and wound up believing a lot of nonsense that even fans knew wasn't true. If he had it to do over again, I think he finds a way to make it work in NJ.

Gomez knew he was gone before he even got to free agency. I'm not so sure the Devils even offered him anything? I don't think it's fair to say that the guy isn't that smart. Is he a wise-ass? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean he isn't smart.

#1648 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

well this "could" be good news folks... lets keep faith here

www.SterioDesign.com

#1649 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yikes, I like Sal but anything over two years is ridiculous. Bye bye Zach :(

No, quite the opposite. Sal could have gotten much more on market. Lou has an internal budget so he needed to keep year 1 low to fit Parise in so he adds the 3rd year to give Sal total $ he wanted.

Parise now is in a position to turn his back on basically entire team or return! I'm more confident then ever Parise is returning and hearing Marty of WFAN this morning all but assures it.

#1650 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Salvador signing has no impact on Zach besides showing him the locker room will be the same as it was when they were 2 games away from a cup. I do agree that it seems a trade is in order on D. Having depth is good and all, but we have depth with the young kids like Urbom, Gelinas, and even Corrente who has shown to be serviceable in short stints. Green probably has the most value due to his 3 mil cap hit.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#1651 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Salvador signing has no impact on Zach besides showing him the locker room will be the same as it was when they were 2 games away from a cup.

Oh, and that whole money thing.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1652 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

i predicted both sal and parise would be signed today, so well on track.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#1653 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

No, quite the opposite. Sal could have gotten much more on market. Lou has an internal budget so he needed to keep year 1 low to fit Parise in so he adds the 3rd year to give Sal total $ he wanted.

Parise now is in a position to turn his back on basically entire team or return! I'm more confident then ever Parise is returning and hearing Marty of WFAN this morning all but assures it.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

What did Marty say this morning?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1654 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Zach and Salvador are largely independent. Salv's deal doesn't have any implication on Zach's.

NJ's offer to Zach has been out there to him before they signed Salvador. To our knowledge, the Devils haven't withdrawn their offer.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1655 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

WAIT WAIT WAIT

What did Marty say this morning?

Marty's said for a while that he thinks Parise is going to re-sign. The Pens side thinks he's going there, the Wild side thinks he's going to Minnesota, our players and writers think he is going to re-sign here.

We are reading too much into everything now.

n2eg.jpg

#1656 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

TG
Salvador said he's "too close" to situation with Parise to say much about it, but believes there is still a chance Parise will re-sign.

Salvador said he has spoken to Parise and texted with him throughout the process. Didn't want to say more.

mmmm......

www.SterioDesign.com

#1657 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Salvador said he's "too close" to situation with Parise to say much about it, but believes there is still a chance Parise will re-sign.

#1658 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

TG

Salvador said he has spoken to Parise and texted with him throughout the process. Didn't want to say more.

mmmm......

I really like how close our team seems to be with one another. Devils family :koolaid:

815631765.gif

#1659 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

These guys must all be trying to keep him here...he has to care a litttttleeeee bit about that, that at least is a good sign.

#1660 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

nobody from the team that went through it all left, except poni but that's fine, so parise has to feel obligated to stay and lead the team back to the finals.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users