Fox 29 Philadelphia Confirm Devils sold to Josh Harris

trailblazer

Wonder if JVB got anything out of the deal.  Hope he did, I mean, I wouldn't want to see him get completely fvcked here.

Rumors are he's been taking a very high salary for awhile.   If Eskin's tweet is true, he gets nothing out of the sale, except the debt being paid off.   Debt of the team is probably 120% or so of the value, so the new owner would be paying a premium to buy the team clean.    Kind of weird.   If he bought the entertainment arm you'd be looking at another $100M+ put on the deal.   JVB would get that money, I guess, but who knows what the load on the building is.

Yeah, Eskin not the best source in general, plus it's an out of town reporter breaking an NJ story.

It is partly a Philly story since its the Sixers owner that is evidently buying the team. Sort of like NJ reporters knowing about Wilfs purchase of the Viking.

Yeah, Eskin not the best source in general, plus it's an out of town reporter breaking an NJ story.  

It is a Philly sports figure though.   To me it's like if Francesa started rambling about this, he probably has some connections but he has no idea what's going on.

Yeah, I get it, he doesn't have NO connections to Harris, but it's still strange - maybe I'm hearkening back to my lockout days, but this feels like an attempt to pressure Vanderbeek.

The price is what is odd to me.   It's way too much and way too nice to JVB to make him whole.

Seriously, who would pay full price for a distressed sports team + their arena and then move them.

Not to mention taking two mid-market (for basketball I think Philly is a mid market but it's been a long time since they have been good) teams in arenas built in the last 15 years into a mid-market with an outdated arena.  It's totally ridiculous.  

Seriously, who would pay full price for a distressed sports team + their arena and then move them.

I suppose someone who is in the top ten richest people in the world with local roots to the destination. But Harris had no roots in Seattle and isn't THAT rich.

Edited by Daniel

I suppose someone who is in the top ten richest people in the world with local roots to the destination. But Harris had no roots in Seattle and isn't THAT rich.

Even then, the Devils pretty much HAVE to go bankrupt if you sit around and wait long enough.  LOL.  They would be alot cheaper that way.

Eskin is pretty plugged in to the Philly scene.  He's a major douche, but he is pretty reliable.  I am hearing rumblings that Harris wants to move the Devils and 76ers to Seattle.

Oh honestly go fvck yourself.  Don't come on here saying sh!t like that if you're not going to source yourself ya moron.

• Like 1

Oh honestly go fvck yourself. Don't come on here saying sh!t like that if you're not going to source yourself ya moron.

Agreed.

I have looked through twitter and Facebook and other places and the only place I saw this Seattle rumor is on that other devils forum posted by a member there with no sources cited.

• Like 1