GAME THREAD: Carolina @ New Jersey

Weekes Head

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far they've brought out his parents, brothers, wife and kids. Two relatively decent retrospective videos, but lacking in the big hits like Lindros, Francis, etc.

Crowd cheering and chanting "Scott Stevens" for about 5 minutes.

They just gave him a bow-and-arrow set, plane tickets, and reservations at some resort in Napa Valley.

Vanderbeek just gave him a crystal and a 2006 Lincoln something-or-other truck.

Now he's putting on a white Devils jersey with the familiar 4 and the C on it.

He gave a nice speech, lasted about 5 minutes, maybe a little over. He almost lost it near the end, which gave the crowd a chance to break in with a minute-long "Scotty Stevens" chant and allowed him to recover.

And now for the banner-raising...

"I think this is the first time I have ever felt intimidated on

this ice surface," Scott Stevens said. "I am truly honored and

humbled."

:evil:

"I had the privilege to play on three Stanley Cup championship teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve," said Stevens.

:clap:

"I have been very fortunate to play with a lot of great people over my career. I leave this

incredible game with no regrets and only amazing memories. Thank you, everybody, from the bottom of my heart."

Thanks, Scotty, it was one hell of a ride ... :boogie:

Edited by olesha

Both goals are the product of some amazing hard work by the primary assist-getter on each goal. The first one was set up by Gionta bringing it down the wing, past the D, and out front to a wide-open Elias, and the second one was a great bit of muscle work by Marshall, including a wraparound attempt that drew the goalie out of the net.

Exactly.

The most exciting about today's game is the sellout .

And it is not kind of sellout that Detriot of Rangers have with corporate season tickets, but simple average Joe's screaming till their vioces hold..

Why or why can't we have that every night :noclue::whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.