GAME THREAD: Carolina @ New Jersey

Weekes Head

Ya if you saw the clips before the cermony even started then maybe they were the ones we saw during commercials..cause we didnt see anything until after Doc Came out to MC.

Thats good you got ot see them.

:)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i saw them walking out with the bow.. all i could think about was napoleon dynamite...Bowhunting skills.

I was like..i really hope thats not a bow.

And sheesh..couldnt donna break a smile

I said the same thing! She looks older than Scotty, too :blink:

Those bows are top of the line langs, that's why he was so excited. Three of my husband's sporty cohorts just got one each.

Edited by Zamode

I said the same thing! She looks older than Scotty, too :blink:

Those bows are top of the line langs, that's why he was so excited. Three of my husband's sporty cohorts just got one each.

Ya i know.. i mean once they announced what it was and 75th special edition or wahtever.. i totally got it.. it was just seeing the dude walk out with it that caught me fof guard...

I kept thinking.. the 4 wheeler a few years back was a mch better gift.

But i get it.

Ya.. my friend said maybe Donna didnt smile cause of the crying.. but when im crying good tears.. i can always break a smile.. people were able to break me into a smile when i was crying very sad tears too.. i thought she could have looked a little less terrified.

Just got back- WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!! The ceremony was FIRST CLASS all the way!! The crowd was incredible!!! I cried watching that banner going to the ceiling- truly as night to remember all around. I loved the taped messages from Nieds, Jaques, Burnsy and Pep too. And the team saluted Scotty the best way possible- BY PLAYING DEVILS HOCKEY BABY!!!!!! Just truly a night to remember!!!!!!!! :boogie::clap::D

I so called it with the banners being given out.

I came home with the LAST Scott Stevens #4 Feb. 3 2006 t-shirt, also bought a program. Wanna gonna get a hat but they'd already run out. I was talking to the guy at the stand and he said the Devils did a very poor job in getting ready for the demand on getting hats, t-shirts, pucks, etc. Apparently the pucks sold out within the first 10-20 minutes or so, but that's just what the guy told me.

I also overheard an usher bitching about the Devils fans because they were ripping up the #4s from outside the sections. One of them said "they'd climb up to the rafters and rip the banner down if they could, greedy bastards..." I was really pissed off when I heard that. Whatever, screw her.

The ceremony was good, not over the top but not "nothing," just right. I teared up when Scotty teared up, and seeing Elias the way he was almost made me lose it. Hopefully the pictures I took turn out well.

There wasn't a whole lot of crowd energy during the game. It seemed like once the game started, no one cared that a hockey game was being played -- it was pretty much quiet for a large part of the first. It finally got decently loud during the second, and the energy during the third was better. A LOT of people left before the last TEN minutes of the game, even.

Oh, and when Nieds' video message came on, he was booed until no end. A "traitor" chant was started by half of the arena, but it didn't really last too long. I'd say the player who got the most cheers probably would have been Claude's -- it seemed like a lot of people were utterly SHOCKED at Burnsy's appearance. I don't think a lot of the fans in the building knew how skinny and grey he's gotten. All things considered, I think Pat looks pretty good.

I was really happy to see a taped Nieuwendyk message, that was really cool.

We got Stevens 4 mini banners before the game. A limitied edition page sized card that was the copy of the cover of the commerative special editon of center ice. On the back Stevens accomplishments.

I also have a slight problem that the limited edition center ice magazine was twice the price of a normal one. I spent the money willingly, but was not expecting the price increase. :noclue:

Were they selling two different programs? The Center Ice I got was normal $10.

great game, great to get the shutout for the captain. Got all teary when he started to walk off the ice. that was really sad to me :(

i LOVED the Scotty Stevens Chants all night though and it felt so good to see that so many people stuck around for the end of the game AND cheered for the 3 stars. that so rarely happens, it was good to see an hear.

I met the DOGG :D and i don't care what you say, you're beautiful :D

So far they've brought out his parents, brothers, wife and kids. Two relatively decent retrospective videos, but lacking in the big hits like Lindros, Francis, etc.

Yeah they showed a lot of those in stoppages of play, they had Stevens factoids and highlights. Even during the 'Great Saves' montage instead of Brodeur and Clemmensen making great saves it was Stevens making defensive stops, and he certainly was featured in the Hardest Hits segment or whatever it's called :evil:

I think as good as it probably came off on TV it was even better in person, the one minor quibble I had had after the ceremony was over was that there wasn't enough mention made of the other dignitaries there (i.e. former players, coaches etc) but they did show all the clips from players, coaches etc during breaks in the action so that certainly was cool. Then again I'm sure they probably showed them at some point during the pre-game or throughout the telecast anyways.

There was a red 4 on the ice behind each net and at the bottom of each flight of stairs, they had a 4ForEver on the ground in the box office, and gave away banners and posters with stats on the back. Probably Stevens' biggest fan would have been satisfied with the ceremony and the entire night.

(Hasan4978 just remembered that Stevens' biggest fan is PK)

Um, well almost satisfied anyways :evil:

Seriously though, the Devils did themselves (and Mr. Stevens) proud as an organization and as a team tonight :)

Edited by Hasan4978

Loved it..every minute..fabulous!!! And Elias looked like he was gonna lose it, so did Scotty a few times!!

:hail::hail: SCOT-TY STEVENS!! SCOT-TY STEVENS!!! :hail::hail:

Right on Marty for the shutout..wooohoo!!! :boogie:

oh and just a side note from a game i caught some errr umm *highlights* from..the Toronto/Caps game..looks like Crazy Eddie strikes again going after Ovechkin after Mccabe was the one who pushed Ovechkin into Belfour...but the best was Kolzig coming to Ovechkins aide..like my god man are you crazy? Eddie would have KILLED him!!! Love the Crazy Goalies!!!!

I just got back...

Hilights :

The entire ceremony - what a job !

The great job the management did with the banners - the images everywhere (going down the stairs so you could seem them from across your section) The #4 everywhere the ushers wearing bow ties a la tuxedo.

The Scotty Stevens chants and variations, Thank you Scotty, Scott,Scott...

The mamma's boy chant when Neids spoke (how rude.. did I start that?)

The game itself... they were possesed and will they give that kid Elias the C already..

Lowlites :

The fact that by the end of the first all souveneirs were sold out... everything !

LG knows...

I didnt hook up with the dogg : (

I got a little teary therebut it was fully expected...

LONG LIVE THE KING !

I just got back...

Hilights :

The entire ceremony - what a job !

The great job the management did with the banners - the images everywhere (going down the stairs so you could seem them from across your section) The #4 everywhere the ushers wearing bow ties a la tuxedo.

The Scotty Stevens chants and variations, Thank you Scotty, Scott,Scott...

The mamma's boy chant when Neids spoke (how rude.. did I start that?)

The game itself... they were possesed and will they give that kid Elias the C already..

Lowlites :

The fact that by the end of the first all souveneirs were sold out... everything !

LG knows...

I didnt hook up with the dogg : (

I got a little teary therebut it was fully expected...

LONG LIVE THE KING !

Yeah i know!!

Anyhow.. loved the stairs..AWESOME...

And the 4's behind the goalies.. i dont know if anyone mentioned it..

but I had jsut made fun of Messiers number behind the rangers goals last week.. its so muhc different when its a guy you like!!

:)

Comments from the game

(well one bad one first)

man I HATE that arena when it's sold out , you can't move 10 feet in there :P

anyway... just had to spew that....

the ceremony... fantastic... a little bit long (but considering the Messier one is STILL going on.. mostly to sell DVDs)... it was nicely done... no need to bring the Cup back either (some fan behind me whined for it)... we don't cling to our past here... we just honor it!! Videos nicely done... good to see Claude got to speak (but no McKay)... not only did I boo Niedermayer but I yelled at the guy behind me who told me I had no right to boo (then again his idiot kid was saying Brodeur has the same goaltending style of Hasek... imbecile!!)

Was kinda bummed to not see the C get passed on, but loved all the decorations of the arena ... amazing no one mentioned the Stevens paintings on the steps, which were NICE!!!

The game itself was pretty good.. past the first period they were all fired up and talking trash (well just hitting, but trash talking sounds better)... Parise and Martin had fantastic games tonight !!! Marshall too looked like he had a jump in him from the whole ceremony also!!

It was a well done night and back to back message games to the NHL's elite that WE'RE BACK !!!!

I also forgot to mention I got a Stevens Button from the Mrs Fields Lady !!!! :clap::clap:

AHHHHH...you arent supposed to be at Mrs. Fields...

I saw you.. i think you were sitting in the same row from me but like 2 sections over...

I was in 214 row 18 and looked over and saw you standing.. maybe during the second intermission..

I think me and El D mentioned the steps... oerhaps you were typing this while we were mentioning it :)

AHHHHH...you arent supposed to be at Mrs. Fields...

I saw you.. i think you were sitting in the same row from me but like 2 sections over...

I was in 214 row 18 and looked over and saw you standing.. maybe during the second intermission..

I think me and El D mentioned the steps... oerhaps you were typing this while we were mentioning it :)

I get my bottles of water and witty banter from the staff in there :)

You prolly did see us... our seats are 216 row 16 on the aisle

By the end of the game I was more hung up with CAA security who was getting mad at the section 217 guys... cause you know.. they're loud, they get the crowd going and they have fun (and they haven an odd habit of playing "beer bottle plinko" down the steps and I guess it pissed someone off :lol:)

I was likely typing it at the same time!

I so called it with the banners being given out.

I came home with the LAST Scott Stevens #4 Feb. 3 2006 t-shirt, also bought a program. Wanna gonna get a hat but they'd already run out. I was talking to the guy at the stand and he said the Devils did a very poor job in getting ready for the demand on getting hats, t-shirts, pucks, etc. Apparently the pucks sold out within the first 10-20 minutes or so, but that's just what the guy told me.

I also overheard an usher bitching about the Devils fans because they were ripping up the #4s from outside the sections. One of them said "they'd climb up to the rafters and rip the banner down if they could, greedy bastards..." I was really pissed off when I heard that. Whatever, screw her.

The ceremony was good, not over the top but not "nothing," just right. I teared up when Scotty teared up, and seeing Elias the way he was almost made me lose it. Hopefully the pictures I took turn out well.

There wasn't a whole lot of crowd energy during the game. It seemed like once the game started, no one cared that a hockey game was being played -- it was pretty much quiet for a large part of the first. It finally got decently loud during the second, and the energy during the third was better. A LOT of people left before the last TEN minutes of the game, even.

Oh, and when Nieds' video message came on, he was booed until no end. A "traitor" chant was started by half of the arena, but it didn't really last too long. I'd say the player who got the most cheers probably would have been Claude's -- it seemed like a lot of people were utterly SHOCKED at Burnsy's appearance. I don't think a lot of the fans in the building knew how skinny and grey he's gotten. All things considered, I think Pat looks pretty good.

I was really happy to see a taped Nieuwendyk message, that was really cool.

I was able to come away with a shirt and 2 pucks- but I got mine as soon as I walked in the door. As far as the Nieds quote, I for one applauded and yelled "NIEEEEEEEEDS!!!!!" I didn't really think the booing was appopriate tonight- Nieds gave us a lot and he left for family and not more money, so I'm not really mad at him, pissed as I am that he left.

I was able to come away with a shirt and 2 pucks- but I got mine as soon as I walked in the door. As far as the Nieds quote, I for one applauded and yelled "NIEEEEEEEEDS!!!!!" I didn't really think the booing was appopriate tonight- Nieds gave us a lot and he left for family and not more money, so I'm not really mad at him, pissed as I am that he left.

I agree MadDog, well said. I understand that people are angry he left, but he didn't do it in a Holik manner, so I don't get the label of a traitor. How quickly fans forget what he has done for the team.

Anyway, I loved the ceremony. It was perfect in that it was so Devils-like, just enough without overdoing it. The game was awesome as well, a perfect last present for Stevens. Nights like tonight remind me why I love this team and organization.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.