GAME THREAD: Carolina @ New Jersey

Weekes Head

I just got home! I had so much fun. The ceremony was awesome. I lost it when Elias lost it. My friend who doesn't even watch hockey even teared up. The crowd was great. I was upset that Nieds was booed because I wanted to hear what he had to say about Scott. I Tivoed the game so maybe it's on there.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got home so late -- I FORGOT WHERE I LIVED! :lol: I started driving back to our old place and by the time it dawned on me it was too late! I'd passed 78!

It was really fun tonight. I had a great time. even though I got yelled at.. by The Lurker...because I did it again... I couldn't speak to Scott Stevens. We walked in and said what cute banners and the usher said if your good you can speak to the man himself -- there he is... Man I just can't hack it... I'm ---I'm just like TRAGICALLY shy! :evilcry:

I really loved the whole ceremony. The place was decked out as I, of course, have always felt it should be for every game! :evil: It was just really fun. I never even got a lump in my throat I'm an observer not a participant I guess. Sooo...His family is adorable. Man does Mike have trouble written allOVER him or what? Liked how he beat his hair into submission (almost). His dad and Geoff seemed to take stoic to new heights. His mom was so cute so proud and down to earth! Donna was adorable...she was just trying to will him through it all. His kids are neat - really neat kidlike kids totally unaffected (free of affectation) - nice to see.

I loved how the crowd chanted when he almost lost it... I forgot how an audience is.. how they carry you - and you know you've done your job really well then. You guys were AMAZING!

And I loved the game. it was fast and sloppy - but what the hell were the Canes doing? Oh...Doug Weight = friggin OOOGLY! He is so UNogle worthy - and the mouth guard just makes it all the worse. White's head was kind of up his ass for a while freaked me out a little. Kozlov was trying so hard to hit Marshall had some really nice moments. The penalties were really irking me... I just really didn't see the logic at times... but it worked out. i ahve to go to bed.. even if the replay is one now... we're getting a new dog tomorrow... :doh1:

Edited by Pepperkorn

love how I got NFL weekly bullshyt on instead of the replay i hate fox sports

I have my VCR all ready to go here to tape the relay, and I'm getting the 48348383465749405th breakdown of the SB I've watched in the last 4 days. I love football almost as much as I love hockey, bu this is really ridiculous. I WANT MY REPLAY DAMMIT!!!!!! :P (I DID Tivo the ceremony- but I need to tape it to add to the Devils video library- c'mon FSNY- get with the damn picture here!!)

I'll be coming out with a two DVD disc set from tonight's game :evil:

I don't know why they are not replaying it. Maybe it'll be on afterwards?

They skipped the ceremony and went right to the game. Typical of FSNY. I'm still taping it anyway.

I'll be coming out with a two DVD disc set from tonight's game :evil:

I don't know why they are not replaying it. Maybe it'll be on afterwards?

You being serious? Because if you are, you better sign me up for one of those bad boys. :D

1 million dollars!

hahahaha

No, but seriously I was just kidding about that. :evil:

Of course I should have it TiVo'ed, but I won't find out what condition it is in until Sunday night. If you can't wait for the Devils to release it (which I am sure they will) PM me. but please for the sake of my sanity, lets not make this 36 requests I need to fill :D

1 million dollars!

hahahaha

No, but seriously I was just kidding about that. :evil:

Of course I should have it TiVo'ed, but I won't find out what condition it is in until Sunday night. If you can't wait for the Devils to release it (which I am sure they will) PM me. but please for the sake of my sanity, lets not make this 36 requests I need to fill :D

I just PM'd you bro.

Congrats to Scotty!!!!! and congrats to all those who attended last nights game. What an awesome crowd. The ceremony was something really special. Nothing flashy or over the top, but thats what made it so good being that Scott was never about that. One thing is for sure though, it was really tough holding back the tears last night.

Don't know about anybody else but the highlight of the ceremony for me was during Doc's opening speech. There are no words that can describe what Scott has meant to the Devils and their fans but I think doc hit the nail right on the head when he talked about how Scotty inspired those around him and how he helped the players and also the fans feel proud to wear the Devils logo. It was perfect. Oh yeah and the banner going up to the Heavens was pretty cool too :D Man we are really going to miss you Scotty. #4 4ever :hail:

As for the game, well what else needs to be said. No better way to honor the captain then to blank the first place team in the league. I know Im probably drunk off the kool aid right now, but Im really starting to believe in this team. I dont know, I just feel there is alot of potential for good things to happen for this group. My one hope is that Lou can pull some magic like he did in 95 and make a couple of key trades without giving much up. Much like that 95 team before Broten and Chambers arived, I think this team needs one more dependable forward and defenseman, and if Marty keeps up his play, watch out. Hey it happened once before right?

Either way LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

The game and ceremony was awesome but I was disgusted with people booing the Hurricanes for watching the ceremony and also the idiots trying to whistle Rangers sucks chant during the ceremony. Still an awesome night despite the idiots that were out for the game.

Edited by Satans Child

The game and ceremony was awesome but I was disgusted with people booing the Hurricanes for watching the ceremony and also the idiots trying to whistle Rangers sucks chant during the ceremony. Still an awesome night despite the idiots that were out for the game.

Yeah that was pretty sad. I thought it was a pretty nice gesture by the canes to be at the benches for the ceremony considering the history between Stevens and the Canes. What really surprised me though was when Rod Brind'amour gave Stevens a hug when scotty was leaving the ice. I mean I know they played together for a year when Scotty was in St.Louis but they seemed like pretty good friends lol. Either way, very classy gesture by Rod.

I was able to come away with a shirt and 2 pucks- but I got mine as soon as I walked in the door. As far as the Nieds quote, I for one applauded and yelled "NIEEEEEEEEDS!!!!!" I didn't really think the booing was appopriate tonight- Nieds gave us a lot and he left for family and not more money, so I'm not really mad at him, pissed as I am that he left.

I didn't boo or cheer Nieds, yes he left but it wasn't ugly (or over money) like the Holik thing and he didn't go to the Rangers or Flyers either. I kinda expected he'd get booed, but I almost felt bad for Nieds at the end cause the boos WERE so loud he coulda heard them in Anaheim :lol: Maybe there's just more bitterness than some would think because he was supposed to be the next captain after Stevens and it didn't work out. I shudder to think what the reaction would have been if they'd posted a clip from Holik :evil:

I don't think I would have even booed Holik either last night I mean it really was a celebration and these people WERE honoring the captain. I certainly wasn't booing the Canes when Doc made notice of them staying out for the ceremony, it was sporting of them to do so and they're not a hateable team anyways, especially since they don't have many of the '01-02 players left.

But overall the crowd was great. All that nervous nelly worrying about twenty people on another site trying to start a Rangers suck chant turned out to be needless paranoia :P

Edited by Hasan4978

It was a well-done ceremony. I don't think the Devils or Stevens wanted anything big. What did Stevens say...he learned from his wedding, small ceremonies are better? You can tell he's just not comfortable with public speaking, which is OK, I appreciated the fact that he tried to get through it when he knew it wasn't his forte.

About the gift from the players - the trip for 2 to the spa out in Napa - that place is supposed to be great. I had to do some research into Spas and Resorts over the last several weeks for the temp job I'm working at and, well, they picked a NICE place. Small, less than 50 total rooms & suites, but it is supposed to be beautiful place, stunning views, great menu and wine list (of course, that would be why they picked it) and a fantastic set of spa services.

As for the game, OK, I have to finally ask, ummm...who are these guys???? :evil:

I got home so late -- I FORGOT WHERE I LIVED! :lol: I started driving back to our old place and by the time it dawned on me it was too late! I'd passed 78!

HAHA...

I have done this before..with friends who have moved.. Ive totaslly shown up at the wrong location..

Where I get on Rt 80, there is no exit for like 7 or so miles and thats the rt 46 exit in wayne.

Well, I am so used to going to games with 731 and not being in charge of tickets, that I was on Rt 80..about 3 miles down..and realized I didnt have mine. This was at 5:30ish... i had left really early cause the alst 2 times i met this aprticular friend for a game one of us has been VERY late.

So I left my house at 5:15 so I would avoid most traffic..and be to him around 6:15 and have plenty of time to get to game..walk the bridge. etc

So 5:30 I realize I dont ahve tix.. traffic starts to build so I cant risk going all the way to the next exit, and possbily being late..so instead i pull and illegal U turn on 80 over the HUGE grass median...thank goodness it wasnt too soggy or i would have gotten stuck. I dont get home till like 5:55 cause of traffic.. and then I dont get back to our meeting destination till almost 7.. I was panicky. Luckily...when i went to park i think some tailgates hd cleaned up cause i found a close spot to the bridge and was able to make it into the game by like 7:15.

But man was I pissed at myself!!!!

Idiot

Yeah that was pretty sad. I thought it was a pretty nice gesture by the canes to be at the benches for the ceremony considering the history between Stevens and the Canes. What really surprised me though was when Rod Brind'amour gave Stevens a hug when scotty was leaving the ice. I mean I know they played together for a year when Scotty was in St.Louis but they seemed like pretty good friends lol. Either way, very classy gesture by Rod.

I agree... on my end the cheers over powered the boos.. so that was good.

After I got home from the game I watched the repeat on FSN NY and Doc mentioned something about the Canes being on their bench to watch, and how they didn't have to be there. I clapped when he mentioned it in his speech during the ceremony. They were out their honoring not just one of the Devil greats, but someone who was respected and admired throughout the NHL.

And same here, the boos weren't too bad in the lower teir, I think the cheers were louder.

I can proudly say that I clapped when Neids came on the screen. I see no need to boo someone like me. If he left for money, that's a different story.

I dunno what's worse - leaving for more money or leaving for more mommy.

Mommy :P

Deep down we can all accept greed but when you are over 30 years old and still doing what mommy tells you to do there IS an issue there!

I think Marty will break Sawchuk's regular season record. The combined record is the tough one. That depends on how deep the team goes in the playoffs the next 7 years.

I agree. He has six more years and is at 80 already. He'll probably get 3-4 more this season.

Btw...there was no way the Devils were losing that game.

Mommy :P

Deep down we can all accept greed but when you are over 30 years old and still doing what mommy tells you to do there IS an issue there!

Meh, I can't accept greed. I hate greed. Leaving for moeny is 20 times worse. Of course, I too am a momma's boy. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.