Dying Mother? Outside of the ER?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officer was 100% right to stop Moats. Officer was 100% wrong how he handled it. Moats was 100% against the law running the lights.

A bad situation of circumstances made worse by the way each of the individuals handled it, at least Moats had a genuine excuse.

My orders? Over the top a bid, bud? Maybe you should actaully read the posts instead of blindly defending the crackwhore.

I never said the police were right, I was saying accidents can happen when you put yourself in that environment. If you don't believe me, go spend the night in a crackhouse because I know you don't have the srtones to be a police officer and be the one raiding the place, then get back to me. I bet when you are in the crackhouse you won't see very many butterflies and kittens.

"your orders" meaning the orders belonging to anyone pointing a gun at a mother and her child

was that really so hard to figure out. really. lol

edit: when i am invading the crackhouse do i get a gun and can i shoot unarmed people without fear of repercussion because honestly that changes things a little.

edit2: also will there be a dozen other people all shooting unarmed people with me.

edit3: i also seem to have forgotten what the officer was defending himself from

was it from unarmed women and children because they can be quite ferocious when provoked!! especially infants!!

Edited by Nature's Minister

"your orders" meaning the orders belonging to anyone pointing a gun at a mother and her child

was that really so hard to figure out. really. lol

edit: when i am invading the crackhouse do i get a gun and can i shoot unarmed people without fear of repercussion because honestly that changes things a little.

edit2: also will there be a dozen other people all shooting unarmed people with me.

edit3: i also seem to have forgotten what the officer was defending himself from

was it from unarmed women and children because they can be quite ferocious when provoked!! especially infants!!

Make sure you don't smoke while you live in your bubble. Hope the weather in nice in there.

As for figuring your note out, it makes it a little hard to know YOUR meaning of your when you are replying to my post.

Edited by SC Devs Fan

are you the cop giving orders and then shooting the woman and child because if so then yes, i meant your as in the ones you gave

otherwise how could you possibly infer that is what i meant?? that's pretty ridiculous

also in my bubble it's considered a faux pas to fire blindly into a room filled with women and children. too bad my bubble isn't the real world where we can go around murdering people as we please!!

Edited by Nature's Minister

If a cop panics and starts shooting in an uncontrollable manner, that sounds pretty close to "unfit for duty" to me.

Happens to the "best" right, I mean the FBI sniper that shot a baby in the face at ruby ridge was just panicking because he was in a pressure situation right? It was tough, they had to pick on these people for days before they could start killing babies.

I am still waiting for the list of assumptions I made about the cop...

I didn't say she was a saint, and didn't make up excuses for her, what I said was that YOU DON'T KNOW (and I'm not sorry for caps, you just don't get it). I don't know, you don't know, SC doesn't know, rowdy doesn't know, no one. She probably wasn't mother of the year but sounds like she at least tried to make the best of her situation but even that is an assumption.

The whole point here is that this is just tragic. period. You are sitting there saying "well it does suck....but she was a terrible mother" or "yea this is really sad but ya know she was probably a whore" instead of showing some compassion. You are trying to de-value this woman's life as if that somehow makes it a little better. I think your whole position is terrible it doesn't matter if she was a crack whore or not why even bring up her personal life?

Sometimes squishy, your ignorance and blinders are just too much to handle. For every one of my "assumptions" I have posted a link. I don't need to say another thing.

You choose however to throw out BS what if scenarios which are based upon nothing in reality, trying to obfuscate the facts regarding this victim who endangered her children's lives EVERY day with her own lifestyle choices.

You know what? This woman was a terrible mom. I am fine with that judgment and stand by it. She was. However, you continue to miss the point because your bleeding liberal heart sees one of my posts and you act like a bull who just saw a red cape. You can't control yourself and charge blindly. Its ok, we were all young once.

Go read some of my earliest posts in this thread since you continue to get sidetracked (as usual). My original point was that the community is all up in arms about this tragedy (gasp, I even called it tragic early on but you choose to ignore that as well) yet ignores the inherent problems within their own community. I would like these people to show this much anger and concern over the poor on poor crime that happens in their community, or the tragedy that this woman has 6 kids by 5 drug dealing dads yet they say "how great a mom she was". Or how a mom allows their daughter to live like that, knowing that her daughter hung out with drug dealers and felt little need for birth control or even rational thought. Or how the officers might have been in immediate danger as the fact is, Terry (the current boyfriend/dad drug dealer) let the pit bulls loose at the officers on purpose.

Hey, it's what happens when the nations D students get badges.

I work in an agency with just over 80 sworn officers. Over 70 have College Degree with close to 20 having Master's. And there are two Ph.D's in the group that I know of.

So what time do you have to get to Burger King for your shift?

I work in an agency with just over 80 sworn officers. Over 70 have College Degree with close to 20 having Master's. And there are two Ph.D's in the group that I know of.

Please Jimmy it is much easier to stereotype

On a bright note, should he need assistance I bet he calls Mommy instead of the police

Sometimes squishy, your ignorance and blinders are just too much to handle. For every one of my "assumptions" I have posted a link. I don't need to say another thing.

You choose however to throw out BS what if scenarios which are based upon nothing in reality, trying to obfuscate the facts regarding this victim who endangered her children's lives EVERY day with her own lifestyle choices.

You know what? This woman was a terrible mom. I am fine with that judgment and stand by it. She was. However, you continue to miss the point because your bleeding liberal heart sees one of my posts and you act like a bull who just saw a red cape. You can't control yourself and charge blindly. Its ok, we were all young once.

Go read some of my earliest posts in this thread since you continue to get sidetracked (as usual). My original point was that the community is all up in arms about this tragedy (gasp, I even called it tragic early on but you choose to ignore that as well) yet ignores the inherent problems within their own community. I would like these people to show this much anger and concern over the poor on poor crime that happens in their community, or the tragedy that this woman has 6 kids by 5 drug dealing dads yet they say "how great a mom she was". Or how a mom allows their daughter to live like that, knowing that her daughter hung out with drug dealers and felt little need for birth control or even rational thought. Or how the officers might have been in immediate danger as the fact is, Terry (the current boyfriend/dad drug dealer) let the pit bulls loose at the officers on purpose.

Im the one who gets side tracked? You have ignored my request 3 times now for you to show me where I made assumptions about the cop..yup I am still asking you. hypocrite (as usual).

Why shouldn't the community be outraged? Yea I didn't ignore that you called it tragic, if you read the post you quoted you would see I gave you that much credit. The problem is you are down playing the significance of it because you are making assumptions about a person you don't even know.

THAT POINT ASIDE

It doesn't matter if she was a terrible mother, it doesn't matter if she was a crack whore it doesn't matter if she was a criminal pushing drugs, a scared cop blindly shot into a room and killed someone on their knees! I don't care if they were black white Indian Jewish red or Martian I would be pissed too! it's not acceptable and you are sitting there trying to deflect attention on stupid frivolous and pointless sh!t that you just happen to be assuming about this woman.

Listen to yourself you are STILL berating this woman who died needlessly. I'm used to you being a political hack but this is a whole new level of sad and pathetic. Go on, spit on her grave a little more so you can feel better about yourself. I am done with this conversation.

In the interest of full disclosure, didn't you say you work in a special division and are no longer a street cop? That's not exactly an accurate sampling.

link

Would indicate that about half have 4 year degrees, which is probably par for city, state and federal jobs.

Edited by squishyx

Come to Suffolk county James, our police force is made up of the islands finest underachievers who get paid huge salaries (much more then a city cop) to sit in parking lots and bullsh!t with each other, or blow through stoplights on the way to harass kids who are skateboarding. I can name six or seven meatheads I went to highschool with who couldn't make it with any other job, so they became a cop.

They kicked them off the LIE, now they got no underpasses to hang out under anymore :saddevil:

Come to Suffolk county James, our police force is made up of the islands finest underachievers who get paid huge salaries (much more then a city cop) to sit in parking lots and bullsh!t with each other, or blow through stoplights on the way to harass kids who are skateboarding. I can name six or seven meatheads I went to highschool with who couldn't make it with any other job, so they became a cop.

They kicked them off the LIE, now they got no underpasses to hang out under anymore :saddevil:

What, were you arrested for throwing snow balls and hate the cops? I just posted about the police union and how they need reform, but thank God for them!

Drug dealers can f'in run rampant and kill our kids while a recent incident with Moats did desturb me.. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF POLICE THAT ARE DEALING WITH DRUG DEALERS AND GREAT AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS that the press never talks about!

The second an officer makes a mistake it's national news!

Grow up.

Edited by arena2003

I've worked with Suffolk County cops and they were tremendous, absolutely tremendous.

I was a knucklehead too when I was younger, but matured and took it from there. Yet, it is true, I personally know several guys (and a couple of gals) from my younger days that should be nowhere near a uniform.

But I have their back now.

Police can't make any mistakes; they need to make the correct call 100% of the time. I wonder how many people on this board have jobs like that. To those that don't, I wonder if you could take the pressure of that.

Its easy to throw stones...

when a mistake kills a kneeling mother and maims her child, no, you can't make any mistakes.

if someone accidentally murdered your family, would you be ok with it, because it was an accident

OK with it? No, but if my family member was a crackhead with 5 kids from 5 drug dealers and was living in a drug house then I'd feel worse about not getting her out of that situation then about her being accidentally shot. Accident... you know the meaning of that, right? It isn't like they executed her - you make the two sitations seem the same because the end result is the same.

And do I feel sorry for the child? Absolutely, just as I do for all children who are born without a chance. Lets be serious though - losing a hand will be the least of this child's problems as he/she gets older.

Police can't make any mistakes; they need to make the correct call 100% of the time. I wonder how many people on this board have jobs like that. To those that don't, I wonder if you could take the pressure of that.

Its easy to throw stones...

Well thats part of it though, having a gun means you can't make a mistake or you shouldn't be there to begin with.

I wonder how you would feel about this if the events went the other way around, a police officer walks in, shoots the dog and the woman got scarred blindly pulls the trigger in a room and accidentally kills an officer... chalk it up to an accident? she shouldn't be prosecuted? Other cops have no right to be outraged and upset? Maybe we could make stupid assumptions about the cop and devalue his life "well that sucks....but he was probably just going to eat donuts the rest of his life so really is it that big of a deal"?

The second an officer makes a mistake it's national news!

Grow up.

The second anyone kills a woman on her knees holding her baby it's national news... regardless who the shooter is. That fact that it came from someone whose job it is to protect people makes it that much worse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.