Immediate rule clarification regarding articles

DevilMinder

NJDevs has been notified that legal action will be taken against the site regarding copyrighted material from Star Ledger and its sister publications. They are requesting all articles be removed from the site and other material.

We request that you use a brief article description for all articles and a link in the future. This includes the reporters blogs that have been posted recently.

Thanks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt need to be in caps, there just needs to be a permanent sticky saying how articles should be posted. Yea yea, spare me the "we should all know the rules" routine, clearly some people don't, people forget, and for newer people they might not catch on right away.

You can't quote articles in forums that are free to the public anyways? Just curious what the reason for that is. Credit is given to the writers, papers, etc.. NJdevs.com isn't claiming it as their own. I don't see the issue.

Edited by mrthemike

You can't quote articles in forums that are free to the public anyways? Just curious what the reason for that is. Credit is given to the writers, papers, etc.. NJdevs.com isn't claiming it as their own. I don't see the issue.

It doesn't matter if you credit them. If someone reads them here the newspaper loses traffic and therefore reduced ad revenue because they can't say they get as much traffic.

It doesn't matter if you credit them. If someone reads them here the newspaper loses traffic and therefore reduced ad revenue because they can't say they get as much traffic.

Ad block plus for firefox works wonders. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Doesn't matter, nj.com can still claim they got x amount of hits to the page. Also, I don't think all ads are blockable.

Yea, it's true.

Anyways, I don't see one ad on nj.com thanks to ABP. It's great. You can block virtually all that crap with it. Highly recommended (if you use firefox).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.