brodeurfanatic

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

next one is as important!!

Yep!

I hope TSN covers it... they said they wouldn't... I don't want to listen to the GAME RADIO in the PLAYOFFS.

But I will if I have to.

GO DEVILS!

Cheers,

- Roland

GAME FOUR can be seen on ESPN, TSN

Ok wait, I have Comcast, I get MSG and FSNY, will I beable to watch it on ESPN? I don't get Metro. And is anyone hurt on the Flyers?

Edited by Super 17

next one is as important!!

Yep!

I hope TSN covers it... they said they wouldn't... I don't want to listen to the GAME RADIO in the PLAYOFFS.

But I will if I have to.

GO DEVILS!

Cheers,

- Roland

GAME FOUR can be seen on ESPN, TSN

4 Wed., April 14 Philadelphia at New Jersey ESPN 7 p.m.

No TSN mark there... hhmm... I'll check TSN.

I see they picked up Game 5 though!

Just got back from the game. I don't believe the crowd was 18000 as I heard Randy mention on the radio postgame, but it was loud. Can anyone explain to me why that wasn't a penalty shot with the Flyer stopping the puck in the empty net?

As for the Flyers' announcers perhaps they saw White's hit on Primeau. From the stands it looked clean. Keith then bumped White to show he was upset by the hit.

I haven't read the thread yet (but considering it was 1-0 Flyers and 2-1 Flyers, it should be an interesting read). But I just want to start out by saying:

IT'S NOT FAIR!!! IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!

The hockey gods have deemed that I'm NOT ALLOWED to watch Devils vs Flyers in the post season. In 1995, I thought it was just fluke that I caught the two losses, but had to work during our two wins. And Game 5 must have been on a weekend because I was out playing softball. And again, I had to work during Game 6.

In 2000 I watched every game until we were down 3-1. So my brother and I agreed not to watch anymore, which was pretty easy since we were at the Memorial Cup in Halifax. Thus I was at hockey games for Games 5 and 6. I went against fate (and my brothers condemnation for risking the Devils season) and watched the third period of Game 7.

In 2004, I watched games 1 & 2.

So in those three series thus far:

I watch the game: Devils record = 2-7.

I don't watch the game: Devils record = 7-0.

Now you tell me that's luck. You explain it. "It's just coincidence". Yeah. 2-7 vs 7-0 is just coincidence. Why have the hockey gods cursed me so?

BTW - I was out shopping tonight and when I got back, I watched the Sens game. Thus we win.

Edited by Don Whiting

THIS WOULD RATTLE ESCHE!!!!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBERRRRRRRRTTTTTTT

ROOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEERRRRRRRTTTTT

I started that chant at the beginning of the game and no one knew what I was talking about...

As they game went on I still did it and eventually people caught on, and it worked.

The game was awesome tonight, and the fans were great!

There were Flyer fans behind me and the guy that got ejected for yelling stuff and flipping off the fat Ranger fan, yells to them, 'The last time you guys won the cup, your players were sperm!'.

It was really funny...

And a lot of people that were quiet this whole season jumped up and started yelling at the Flyers fan, it was pretty funny.

I'm still holding strong with my prediction for Devils in 6...

By the way guys, we are tied with the Flyers on goals, 3-2, + 3-2, + 2-4 = 8-8.

That to me means that we have our offense back...

We basically owned the Flyers the entire game, they had some great scoring chances but somehow Marty made it there...

There was no way Marty was going to stop the Amonte goal though, he just came back and swung it in without effort, as the other Flyers were leaving for a line change... I have to say that Marty got his groove back when we got our 2nd goal..

He really picked his game up, and it was amazing that the Flyers didn't capitalize on a few of the chances they had, but for the most part when they did, Marty was there with the unbelievable saves we expect from the Vezina winner.

Great job by the Devils tonight... Nice to see 'Martin' get a goal, who was horrible in the first two games...

Someone who I didn't notice at all, aside from the penalty they took, was Jan Hrdina... I saw him win a few faceoffs, but I don't think he got much ice time...

I saw the E-G-G line on a lot, and the Madden line on a lot, aside from them the other lines saw limited ice time...

If it were me in the locker room I would keep the lineup for the next game the same as it was tonight...

Do not put Larionov in the lineup ever again... Please burn any remnansce of his jersey, and let him be remembered as a Red Wing...

Anyway, great game by the Devils, I can't wait for game 4...

GO DEVILS!

Just got back from the game.  I don't believe the crowd was 18000 as I heard Randy mention on the radio postgame, but it was loud.  Can anyone explain to me why that wasn't a penalty shot with the Flyer stopping the puck in the empty net?

I guess it's legal so long as you don't close your hand on the puck in the crease? Like Dew said in chat he basically got the puck with his jewels :rofl:

EDIT: Nevermind I suppose he did close his hand on the puck given some of the posts in this thread...on TV they said something about Malakhov being the 'acting' goalie. That's a new one on me.

Don, just read the recaps and pray I get a replay on it tonight :evil:

that place was just AMAZING tonight... more intense then last year's

finals... I'm EXHAUSTED from that game tonight... but wow !!!!

Total goals this series

When I'm watching: Flyers 7 Devils 4

When I'm not: Devils 3 Flyers 2

Good that I switched to Air Force One after the first.

HAHAHA!!! THE HOCKEY GODS HAVE CURSED YOU TOO!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!

I'll have to come down to Jersey and we can go out Wednesday night and shoot some pool....

Don, just read the recaps and pray I get a replay on it tonight :evil:

that place was just AMAZING tonight... more intense then last year's

finals... I'm EXHAUSTED from that game tonight... but wow !!!!

Yes it was crazzzzzzzzzyyyyyy!!!!!!

I was definitely more crazy then ever...!!!!

I started soooo many chants, and it was satisfying...

That ROOOBBBEEERRRTTTT chant was all me... :P:P:P

no she ws brunette... looked oddly like the noxema girl :D

hey about time I get some eye candy, aside from that one sales chick who sits

there now and then

*still awed at the intemsity of that crowd !!*

The attendance was freaking weird today. When I was at the game I was guessing it was around 16,000 or so. The strange thing though was that there were so few Flyer fans. A couple hundred tops. So I got home and checked the boxscore and saw that the announced attendance was 18,000 something and was so confused. Did the Flyer fans buy tix and get scared off by the rain today? Whatever. Devils won and we all can breathe a sigh of relief for at least a day or so. BTW, Brian Rafalski looks like a lost puppy out there. He absolutely cannot win battles in the corners against the likes of Handzus, Primeau, Leclair, etc.. Its frightening when he is out there against those guys.

there was a pretty bad accident on the turnpike on the east spur around 4:00

and you know what a pain in the ass that place is to get to normally.. I'd guess

a good amount of people might have just been unable to get there... it was

weird but intense... have I said that yet ??? :lol:

Congratulations to Brodeurfanatic for having a 100% winning percentage when starting a game thread.

My spotless 1-0 record likely won't go on the line anytime soon. I don't want to risk my perfect record. (-: